General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

I purchased one of those Magearna disks from Japan. I have one of my copies of the gen 7 games set to Japanese but I don't know if there's a way to extract the data or use it on my save. I don't see it in the missing events list either though. I have a Japanese Magearna already but I'd like to redeem my own. I'll do what I can to contribute it if you're missing it. Just let me know. 

21 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I purchased one of those Magearna disks from Japan. I have one of my copies of the gen 7 games set to Japanese but I don't know if there's a way to extract the data or use it on my save. I don't see it in the missing events list either though. I have a Japanese Magearna already but I'd like to redeem my own. I'll do what I can to contribute it if you're missing it. Just let me know. 

I think you have to be on a Japanese console, I scanned the QR on a Japanese game and console and it didn't work on my EU versions

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

If you have access to Homebrew, you could probably use HANS to region spoof in order to redeem the event.

1 minute ago, greenDarkness said:

If you have access to Homebrew, you could probably use HANS to region spoof in order to redeem the event.

Unfortunately, I do not. I only have 1 3DS and I use it a lot with Pokemon Bank and trading for event Pokemon. 

2 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Unfortunately, I do not. I only have 1 3DS and I use it a lot with Pokemon Bank and trading for event Pokemon. 

I understand. I don't know of a way around the region locks other than by spoofing, and that would require Homebrew. I don't suppose you own Cubic Ninja, Freaky Forms Deluxe, or Ocarina of Time(+You need Powersaves for this path)?

1 minute ago, greenDarkness said:

I understand. I don't know of a way around the region locks other than by spoofing, and that would require Homebrew. I don't suppose you own Cubic Ninja, Freaky Forms Deluxe, or Ocarina of Time(+You need Powersaves for this path)?

I have Ocarina digital. And a powersaves. I'll be looking into getting another 3DS to inject and rip events in the future.

Off topic

One of the things I'm most interested in trying is to get my shiny Abra on Crystal into my dgitial copies of RBY and seeing if I can import it to gen 7. I'll do the same using the gen 2-3 conversion tool.

I've also been wondering. Can you use Homebrew to backup NDS roms and .sav files?

2 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I have Ocarina digital. And a powersaves. I'll be looking into getting another 3DS to inject and rip events in the future.

Off topic

Reveal hidden contents

One of the things I'm most interested in trying is to get my shiny Abra on Crystal into my dgitial copies of RBY and seeing if I can import it to gen 7. I'll do the same using the gen 2-3 conversion tool.

I've also been wondering. Can you use Homebrew to backup NDS roms and .sav files?

Well, you're in luck if you wanted to install Homebrew. Although officially OoThax says it only supports 11.0 it has been confirmed to work on 11.2

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax

Spoiler

That sort of thing would very well be possible with Homebrew (in theory; as we don't know if Pokemon in RBY that would be considered shiny if transferred to GSC will remain shiny).

FBI can extract saves from NDS cartridges, so I'd assume the same would be true for Roms, and yes they are exported as .sav .

It appears that there are 4 events being prepared:
1. Gold Bottle Cap Distribution [JP]
2. Choice Scarf distribution for Pokemon Moon (Corocoro) [JP]
3. Choice Band distribution for Pokemon Sun (Corocoro) [JP]
4. Bottle Cap Distribution [US/EU]

All will be serial code distributions,
I'll post them up when they're released.

2 hours ago, Odaxis said:

Not sure if this has been edited since posted, When you do update in the future could you post the date you updated also if it's not automatic. Much appreciated if you can.

didn't realise my last edit date can't be seen.

Will do that on my subsequent updates

1 hour ago, Purin said:

Something for your missing list:
There will be a distribution of the Bottle Cap item at Jump Festa next weekend. Local Wireless distribution.
http://www.jumpfesta.com/maker/pokemon/

The "Mystery Items Giveaway" is also part of the PC Sapporo Celebration. And the Mystery Item is Comet Shard.

I'm assuming the event is Dec 16 - 18, is that correct?

Also, I already got Corocoro Rockruff Enhancement tools, just waiting for the 15th to do a release.

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm assuming the event is Dec 16 - 18, is that correct?

Also, I already got Corocoro Rockruff Enhancement tools, just waiting for the 15th to do a release.

Ah, Jump Festa is on 12/17 and 12/18.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Updated to include Corocoro Rockruff Enchancements, as seen here and here.

Isn't this Gold Bottle Cap event out as well right now? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_other_event_distributions_in_Generation_VII#Pok.C3.A9mon_Sun_and_Moon_Guide_Book_Gold_Bottle_Cap

Edit: Dunno if it's just me but the WC7s for the choice items are missing in the achive (WC7FULL is there) 

Edited by Holla!

1 hour ago, Holla! said:

Isn't this Gold Bottle Cap event out as well right now? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_other_event_distributions_in_Generation_VII#Pok.C3.A9mon_Sun_and_Moon_Guide_Book_Gold_Bottle_Cap

Edit: Dunno if it's just me but the WC7s for the choice items are missing in the achive (WC7FULL is there) 

fixed + uploaded