General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

Or just an archival for use in the Gen I games in general.

As for using them in Gen VII, it all comes down to what the filter will be like with the PokeBank update.

I've been able to successfully inject my original cartridge save files into the VC versions, so testing the Bank transfer filter will be no problem.

But yes, I guess that would technically be considered hacking. If it passes the supposed filter though, I personally don't think badly of the idea.

It is well known that pokebank has horrible hack checking, but it doesn't change the definition of it being hacked.

In that respect, Pokemon captured with glitches are technically hacks too,

Which is why Pokemon knowing moves it shouldn't, even while obtained through the extended rage-mimic glitch, are also recognised as hacked.

Heck, anyhow, it's probably okay for personal use,

And archiving them would be a good idea.

Just a quick question:

May I share here the 3 Regis with the Hidden Ability? (the Poké Transfer ones)

saTIKwA.png

Pokemon Bank events do not give us a wondercard that we can use. there is a method of extracting them as a bin file, there was some discussion earlier in the thread.

RAM Extract Tohoku Bestow Pikachu, Thanks to Tiddlywinks

Took me 4 tries to get both Male and Female Pikachu ><

Image:

Kewk9pE.jpg

EDIT:

First post with compilations updated.

All posts in-between has been archived.

edit2:

Important information:

What I never understood is why this community doesn't collect the complete wondercard data...

A wondercard file is not 0x108 bytes, it's 0x310 bytes: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=59364408035435369863

0x000~0x003 = flags for which games can receive it (03 = X/Y, 0C = OR/AS, 0F = X/Y/OR/AS)

0x004~0x1FF = description

0x200~0x201 = padding

0x202~0x204 = some checksum (i still don't know how to compute it)

0x204~0x207 = always 00464646

0x208~0x30F = part to be stored in the savegame file (0x108 bytes)

Collecting only half of the data is kinda weird. I mean if this was Generation 4, what you're doing here is like collecting only the PGT, but not the PCD file.

But the game stores them as 0x108 byte files, there's really no use for the other data (except running a custom distribution server, like in gen 5). Or am I wrong?
It's key for preservation purposes. And also useful for redistribution, yeah.

and also an extra point to gendered wondercardS:

Another important thing to note, data from boss also has the correct value for the Pokémon's gender in it.

The ones from the contribution threads have all already been modified and fixed by the game to be either male or female.

So, I've got an example of a full wondercard attached here (which for now, .wcfull6)

While the game only stores .wc6 into memory, .wcfull6 may be useful in the future.

Also, it can only be obtained from RAM dump.

As usual, I recommend loaning me your serial code ><

Edited by theSLAYER

This is probably not the best place to say it, but even though we might have missed a lot of wcfull6 (wcf6? fwc6?) the data "lost" doesn't seem like something we can't recreate for most wondercards. Still missing that supposed checksum.

It migjt be not the best for preservation purposes, but would work for custom distribution since the wc6 stored in game would end up the same (previous edit of the gender byte for random gender pokemon)

This is probably not the best place to say it, but even though we might have missed a lot of wcfull6 (wcf6? fwc6?) the data "lost" doesn't seem like something we can't recreate for most wondercards. Still missing that supposed checksum.

It migjt be not the best for preservation purposes, but would work for custom distribution since the wc6 stored in game would end up the same (previous edit of the gender byte for random gender pokemon)

Yes, we are missing a big bunch of wcfull6 (yeah, I'm thinking of a different name too).

While it can be recreated, and not directly impacting usage, we could always store what we get.

Spanish Dragonite, extracted from native savegame.

Can't post pic today, I can post it tomorrow if needed.

BTW, Spanish distribution of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres was announced a few days ago, they will be distributed via serial codes by buying the official Nintendo magazine, you'll get one of those randomly. Hoping we can dump all three!

Kanto Classic Dragonite, ENG.

qHooH6o.jpg

W9FwKW6.jpg

This Dragonite has fixed 31 IV in the following stat: HP, Def, SpA, SpD.

I have 1 spare code, can PM theSLAYER to get both female / male version using RAM method.

I tried injecting that one, and I was able to collect it from the delivery girl, but the trade system blocks it.

Edit: I attempted to trade the JP one to my friend, and that one failed, too. I'm starting to wonder if they just can't be traded or something...

Yes, I understand I received some PMs, but have yet to go through them as I've got work to settle.

Will reply the PMs individually.

As in regards to trading, I hope you weren't referring to GTS.

Also, make sure it appears legitimate on your system before trading.

Basically, like if you received a different region one or stuff like that.

I can't see any reason why the dragonite can't be traded.

If removing the move "barrier" allows it to be traded, it means that it's a Nintendo/GF side issue.

I tried injecting that one, and I was able to collect it from the delivery girl, but the trade system blocks it.

Edit: I attempted to trade the JP one to my friend, and that one failed, too. I'm starting to wonder if they just can't be traded or something...

I tested, traded normally online and passed the Battle Spot hack check.

I tested, traded normally online and passed the Battle Spot hack check.

Interesting. I was getting the "Pokémon in your party can't be traded" message. I guess I'll try again later. Maybe the trade system was updated since I first attempted to trade?

And no, it wasn't via GTS. Just a regular Wi-Fi friend trade. Thanks for the feedback.

I was looking at the missing WC list and realized I have this diancie:

Year 2014: November 2014 Diancie Diancie 3 Set Ivs (Nov) 0525 11064 Serial Code SPA

Obviously I don't have photo proof because I didn't take any at the time, but if you really need proof, I can provide some trough pm (the only thing I can provide as proof contains personal information).

Interesting. I was getting the "Pokémon in your party can't be traded" message. I guess I'll try again later. Maybe the trade system was updated since I first attempted to trade?

And no, it wasn't via GTS. Just a regular Wi-Fi friend trade. Thanks for the feedback.

That's just really odd. I used the same WC files that were uploaded here, both the ENG and JPN ones and they went through Wi-Fi trades with no issue. There hasn't been a game update since he was released either. I'm playing on Alpha Sapphire if that makes a difference. Maybe Barrier isn't allowed on XY since the participate in the Kanto Classic you had to use OR/AS. I'm guessing Dragonite can't learn Barrier in XY since the event was only for OR/AS.

That's just really odd. I used the same WC files that were uploaded here, both the ENG and JPN ones and they went through Wi-Fi trades with no issue. There hasn't been a game update since he was released either. I'm playing on Alpha Sapphire if that makes a difference. Maybe Barrier isn't allowed on XY since the participate in the Kanto Classic you had to use OR/AS. I'm guessing Dragonite can't learn Barrier in XY since the event was only for OR/AS.

Ah, I didn't know the tourney was limited to OR/AS. I'll try using my Sapphire, then. Thanks again.