General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

A little interesting update:

I've proven that wondercard data is stored in RAM (after keying serial code), even before we accept receiving it:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48106-POC-Wondercard-data-stored-in-RAM-before-accepting-quot-Yes-quot-to-receive-it&p=211900#post211900

So let me know in that thread what you think about it!

Right now, it is important for the more, maybe, obscure serial codes that are hard to come by,

especially if the other party isn't willing to to share it, but they themselves can't extract wondercards.

[because you can use the serial code to see the "preview" and not accept the gift, do a ram dump, and return the "unused" code to your friend :D ]

Still, I'll prefer the normal wondercards (because date is there, besides other unknown differences).

The lack of date is the only difference.

And as usual, don't submit edited/faked wondercards.

Thanks everyone!

I ALSO REALISED, THAT THIS WORKS WELL IF YOU'RE AN EMPLOYEE AT A GAMESHOP.

PM TO A MOD TO LET HIM "PREVIEW" YOUR CODE

The Mythical Pokémon Mew Event (1.2 - 24.2) - English

Wonder Card title:

The Mythical Pokémon Mew

Wonder Card text:

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Please pick up your gift from the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center.

Distribution text:

To celebrate 20 years of Pokémon,

you have received Mew!

Mew, the first Mythical Pokémon

discovered, was originally distributed

to Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.

Proof:

The image said the received date is 01/30, but the data inside the WC you uploaded is 02/02. Did you change the date then upload here?

I wish people would understand that the date of a card has no bearing on it's legitimacy. If you redeemed the code at the official start of the event on Monday completely legitimately but your 3DS' date was set to 01/01/2010 then the completely legitimate card would have that date. Additionally I believe that one of the rules of this thread is that contributed cards must not be edited in any way.

Here is the unmodified (untouched) one with the receive date of today the 30th January 2016.

Wonder Card title:

The Mythical Pokémon Mew

Wonder Card text:

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Please pick up your gift from the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center.

Distribution text:

To celebrate 20 years of Pokémon,

you have received Mew!

Mew, the first Mythical Pokémon

discovered, was originally distributed

to Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.

Proof:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160130/ls43fidj.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160130/5oeknuqh.jpg

Edited by Traiver
Old post removed

Here is the unmodified (untouched) one with the receive date of today the 30th January 2016. Wonder Card title: The Mythical Pokémon Mew Wonder Card text: Thank you for playing Pokémon! Please pick up your gift from the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center. Distribution text: To celebrate 20 years of Pokémon, you have received Mew! Mew, the first Mythical Pokémon discovered, was originally distributed to Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. Proof: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160130/ls43fidj.jpg http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160130/5oeknuqh.jpg

did you send me the right one? that is still a modified file.

Also, I've created a new thread to start afresh for the year.

This thread will be closed, but remains in the open.

Do read the first post of the thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48113-Gen-VI-Event-Contribution-Thread-2016

Cheers!

About Wondercards, Custom firmware and Saves.

This thread doesn't serve as a FAQ thread, as we have a dedicated one over here. <--- (this is a link, in case people don't get it)

I'm here to discuss various things people probably wanna know.

Wondercards

For this portion, I'll be using color coding to make life simpler.

Most events are distributed via Wondercards, which can be easily ripped out of the save as a wc6.

Recently, WC6Full has been discovered in the RAM of the 3DS, and it's legitimacy is easier to verify.

The difference between it and normal wondercards are, the gender can be random, includes distribution text, and is easier to verify in terms of legitimacy.

Sadly, its discovery is way too late into Gen VI, so most events are in WC6 format.

I for one, would urge strongly that future events contributions to also come asWC6full.

Most events are distributed via

Infrared, Local Wireless (local events)

Nintendo Zone(local but able to be spoofed)

Online Wi-Fi (also called Internet collection), Serial Code (may require physical presence to collect said serial codes) and Password (serial code that is shared)

As of now, and for the foreseeable future until the end of Gen VI,

I am able to grab every online event.

The problem is offline events, as they require physical presence, and can be easily all around the world.

Furthermore, getting WC6full for offline events would require the usage of Custom Firmware (which would be explained shortly)

Custom Firmware and backing up of Saves

Custom Firmware requires the hacking/jailbreaking of a 3DS, to gain access to piracy and homebrew tools.

We aren't here to discuss piracy, but rather, the backing up of Saves and a few neat tricks.

Note that whatever I share here isn't usable on every firmware, and discussion on those those should go to their respective threads.

ProjectPokemon.org and I are not responsible for any risks you take, and any damage done to your device.

Option 1

The lowest level, which is rather risk free to the 3DS, is Homebrew.

It's rather unstable, and by following only Step 1 of this guide <--- (this is a link)

I recommend getting it to run via MenuHax, as it is more stable and less hassle than constantly trying to connect via browser.

Then, use this tool allows backing up and injecting of saves. This is a link to Save Data Manager

Option 2

Next up will be two full blown Custom Firmware options, that can run through MenuHax or Arm9LoaderHax (A9LH),

which both are featured in this guide. <--- once again, a link

The usage of CFW requires downgrading (and an additional time for A9LH), which can be downgraded from up to 10.7, and a brick-risk is present.

Whichever choice you use, once your have CFW loaded,

you can go ahead and install this nifty save backing up tool. This is a link to the JK Save manager

With either setups above, once you get your "main" file,

you can open the save with Pkhex to extract your wondercard! (wc6)

A method that is preferred, especially for local events, is only privileged to Option 2,

Is the usage of NTR CFW on top of an existing CFW, and the files can be obtained from here: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

Usage for local events is explained here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48113-Gen-VI-Event-Contribution-Thread-2016&p=215375&viewfull=1#post215375\\

NTR CFW also have other nifty tricks, such as region spoofing (to collect serial code events of other regions) and taking screenshots, and usage of cheat plugins!

In the event anyone uses any CFW above, and decides to transfer their retail cart save into digital copies of the game,

the Savemanagers above allow it to be done!

Powersaves and related stuff

Powersaves is a cheating tool that allows one to back up their save and use cheats (server based selection).

Do not contribute any wondercards from Powersaves, as their legitimacy cannot be verified.

We already have some of their wondercards in the uncertain folder of the distribution archive.

While the wondercards seems legit/legal, since there is no user verification (as they didn't claim the event themselves), I don't recommend contributing them. (only use them for personal purposes)

Some users may not have Custom Firmware, and want to use Powersaves to extract their save to contribute events they obtained personally.

Information regarding that is here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?45329-Gen-VI-Event-FAQ-and-Discussion-Thread&p=201630&viewfull=1#post201630

Other information you may need to know:

How do I determine if this event I'm looking for, is in the database?

Download the latest .rar, and check the excel file within.

Information like Species, Year distributed and Credits is inside.

Does date on the wondercard matter (in regards to legitimacy)

No.

How to collect serial code from a different country?

Use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome,

and use this plugin called "Hola".

It allows you to change IP:Country to other countries.

How to collect events from a different 3DS region?

Only possible if you are able to use CFWs.

Use NTR CFW and use their Language plugin. <the language plugin spoofs the 3DS region>

(the CFW itself only support N3DS. If you can use .cia, it'll work on all models)

Information of the language plugins is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-language-emulation-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-2.386543/

HANS does not work the same way (AFAIK), so this method would not work on HANS

How to report new events to us?

How does one extract a wondercard on their retail cart, using powersaves?

What ways are there to extract my save file?

How to collect Nintendo Zone Events from home?

How to use NTR to rip out wondercards

List of links with other common questions answered:

If I notice a trend of questions asked, I'll add them here.

Edited by theSLAYER

Some WonderCards that appear to be missing from the list:

114 - ポケモンEXPOジム リザードン (Charizard)

115 - ポケモンEXPOジム カイリキー (Machamp)

116 - ポケモンEXPOジム ドーブル (Smeargle)

117 - ポケモンEXPOジム ゾロアーク (Zoroark)

159 - Year of Monkey Present Infernape [F]

1509 - かくれとくせいの アマルス (PGL Amaura [F])

Temporarily hosting the files on Dropbox because the forum refuses to accept my attachments.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnaz9xkm892qhdk/Missing%20WCs.rar?dl=0

hello the Slayer, I am kind of New i downloaded your compilation and i was wondering why there is (F) or (M) does this mean its modified? or is it really preset in that gender,,The tyrunt for example it has (F) or (M) but the charizard on top of the List only has (M) :) noob question,,

i commend the compilation though! thanks :)

Quick Out of Topic Question:

can i inject a japanese wondercard to my US Omega Ruby? thank you!

hello the Slayer, I am kind of New i downloaded your compilation and i was wondering why there is (F) or (M) does this mean its modified? or is it really preset in that gender,,The tyrunt for example it has (F) or (M) but the charizard on top of the List only has (M) :) noob question,,

i commend the compilation though! thanks :)

Quick Out of Topic Question:

can i inject a japanese wondercard to my US Omega Ruby? thank you!

Some events are supposedly "Random Gender", however it is determined that the server presets the gender when you receive it, Hence F or M.

Modifying it would lead it to be a hacked wondercard, but it may be okay for personal use, if the Charizard was meant to be given pseudo-random.

Also, you can inject any languaged wondercard into any game.

In the excel file, towards the right, I've compiled a list to show what wondercard is meant for what Region System and what Game.

So the wondercard is injected into the wrong region or wrong game, the pokemon generated will be illegal. (of course, you could fix the region and game received in using Pkhex.)

Also, I've got two UK serial code, and I'm RAM rerolling them for different languages right now! will update soon

Italian Mew

EdXh0J4.jpg

OIaA1gf.jpg

The manage attachments option isn't working (at least for me), download here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83866916574047331792 :)

The site seems to be dying on me on Firefox.

The only way I got the attachments to work was to bypass the permissions (Disable protection for now)

Also, fast :)

-------------------

Until I combine them with all the wondercards, here they are!

All Language Mew for PAL region!

Extracted from Omega Ruby US region 3DS, region changed using Language Emulation of NTR, extracted from RAM using NTR Debugger.

I also used Pkhex to change the region and language of my save, and injected using SDF.

Serial code loaned from HMM and Giova, a big thanks to them!

The wondercards don't have dates, because it's technically not received (ram extraction). You can insert you own date for your own usage.

I'll probably add the dates on, when I compile them into the mega package

Side note: I should custom make a card that shows my name, cause my 3DS skin can't really be seen ><

images (and I also forgot to photograph the ENG card)

9vG9IgU.jpg

99vG3nk.jpg

s7BMUG5.jpg

HdJW1hl.jpg

EDIT:

Now, we're missing Mew from the other regions, as a comparison xD

(Japan Region and Korean Region 3DS)

----------

ALSO, a big thank you to ethanobi, who loaned us the US region serial code!

I've confirmed that the US and PAL region MEW is the same.

The Wondercards are attached below.

FILES REMOVED

Edited by theSLAYER

Hi, sorry to put this message here but i wonder why the number of the wc from the mega campaign events are differents ?

Those which were uploaded by theSLAYER have 0132 whereas the ones uploaded recently by pokesk1718 have 0136. Is that because they may came from differents pkm center, (eventhough with the same ID) ?

Hi, sorry to put this message here but i wonder why the number of the wc from the mega campaign events are differents ?

Those which were uploaded by theSLAYER have 0132 whereas the ones uploaded recently by pokesk1718 have 0136. Is that because they may came from differents pkm center, (eventhough with the same ID) ?

The Pokemon were distributed over five periods, in each you could only get one randomly choosen Pokemon. That's why there are different IDs for each period and all Pokemon from the same period have the same ID.

There have been several similar distributions in the past.

U.S. Gamestop 20th Anniversary Mew:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4bs2f6449zo419/Gamestop+20th+Anniversary+Mew.zip

Proof:

http://imgur.com/a/YGITd

Seeing as attachments aren't working I've resorted to using Mediafire. Date for this Wondercard is 02/01/2016, didn't think to bring my camera with me to Gamestop so I hope the picture of the card with the serial code with my username on a piece of paper will be good enough.

How is Mew being distributed in Japan? I may be able to get my hands on a wondercard

IIRC a serial code comes with the purchase of the clear 2DS bundled with Classic Pokemon game.

PM loan me the serial code, and I'll extract it from RAM.

(best way to certify legitimacy)