General Event Archived Posts Thread

Guested

How can i get a japanese NZ on my JP 3DS in Europe?

presently, trying to get that to work.

It seems the MAC address is needed after all.

edit:

it seems like the nintendo zone list is for a newer firmware,

and the pokemon center has never been on the NZ list before.

time to try to update the list.

edit2:

After using 3DNUS to update my nzone config file,

the NZ ping occured (how the icon lights up on Home Page)

But it still failed to obtain Tyranitar, upon using Mystery Gift.

Either this SSID isn't the one they are currently using, or a MAC address spoof is required.

Chances are they are relocating the request to a different server within their corporate network. I know 7-Eleven does that.

Anyway, I'm sure someone who is able to run homebrew will contribute. :)

Reminder: No Begging, No asking, no off-topic.

Anyhow,

To any users who will be physically at the Pokemon Center (or is going to have a friend there) during the Kotone Tyranitar Period,

Do get the following extra data:

1. SSID of the Nintendo Zone the Pokemon Center uses

2. The Mac of the network.

It'll be good to get those data for every network the Pokemon Center hosts. Do specify which Pokemon Center the data is from! :)

The hotspot will surely be password protected, if so, we would need the password to allow the console to recognize the hotspot as a nintendo zone.

If someone able to use homebrews could go to the center, I would be able to give him a small homebrew that would allow me to make a center spoofing.

The hotspot will surely be password protected, if so, we would need the password to allow the console to recognize the hotspot as a nintendo zone.

If someone able to use homebrews could go to the center, I would be able to give him a small homebrew that would allow me to make a center spoofing.

I won't go at this but an homebrew like that can be very useful in the future for other events, if you could share this

I won't go at this but an homebrew like that can be very useful in the future for other events, if you could share this

I want not to share this homebrew in its actual state, when I will release it (if I release it), the output will be unreadable for the users and comprehensible for me. In this way, the informations will remain protected and I will be able to integrate them in my HomePass software.

I want not to share this homebrew in its actual state, when I will release it (if I release it), the output will be unreadable for the users and comprehensible for me. In this way, the informations will remain protected and I will be able to integrate them in my HomePass software.

hexadecimal data for a thing like this should be easy to understand, but it will be useful one day with other events (for a new pc in europe or during a travel?)

Why not share it? This sounds like everyone could benefit from.

It is not really usable for everyone at the time being and I think it is not a good idea to share a program like that without protecting the informations. Imagine if someone shares all the informations on the web, I guess that nintendo will not be happy and I do not want to see nintendo's anger.

It is not really usable for everyone at the time being and I think it is not a good idea to share a program like that without protecting the informations. Imagine if someone shares all the informations on the web, I guess that nintendo will not be happy and I do not want to see nintendo's anger.

That's not a problem to nintendo that anyone can access to the events.

3DS turn into a fully hacked console, and nothing happen, so that's not a "hack" for pokémon that will make them angry..

That's not a problem to nintendo that anyone can access to the events.

3DS turn into a fully hacked console, and nothing happen, so that's not a "hack" for pokémon that will make them angry..

That is not a hack for pokemon but a way to get the password of a nintendo zone, I do not think that it is a good idea to give any key to anyone. Nintendo might react if keys are sahred on the net and change the way the nintendo zone works or just stop the zone stuff. This would mean the end of the HomePass age.

That is not a hack for pokemon but a way to get the password of a nintendo zone, I do not think that it is a good idea to give any key to anyone. Nintendo might react if keys are sahred on the net and change the way the nintendo zone works or just stop the zone stuff. This would mean the end of the HomePass age.

If the homepass was their priority, it has to be already cutted off x)

But yeah I understand, I hope we will get password to gets theses events :D

If the homepass was their priority, it has to be already cutted off x)

But yeah I understand, I hope we will get password to gets theses events :D

I agree that the homepass is not the priority but no secret key is available on the net :)

I hope too, it would be nice to be able to choose the type of the NZone we emulate.

Hmm, that's true. If everything would be made available to the public, not only Nintendo would be in trouble, but also all the store chains they are partnering with. Their access points are all password protected for a reason... I'm having a hunch this could in fact lead to the end of Nintendo Zone altogether. Better be careful here.