gateway cheat help, pokemon XY,OR AS , shiny trigger for pokemon encounter

aos10

first, i am not good using cheats , because i don't know where to look and the address

my idea is this

the shiny Pokemon is tied to your shiny value

The shiny value for each trainer is different from each other

Then shiny value is 4-5 numbers , you can get it using pkhex.

The value of the shiny Pokemon determined once you encounter a Pokemon

So, if you activate the code and mode it to match your id, it should make any Pokemon you encounter is shiny.

This is what i have right now, my coding is bad so i am asking for your help.

of course i am using Gateway cheat engine , if anyone have it please tell me.

• 2 weeks later...
first, i am not good using cheats , because i don't know where to look and the address

my idea is this

the shiny Pokemon is tied to your shiny value

The shiny value for each trainer is different from each other

Then shiny value is 4-5 numbers , you can get it using pkhex.

The value of the shiny Pokemon determined once you encounter a Pokemon

So, if you activate the code and mode it to match your id, it should make any Pokemon you encounter is shiny.

This is what i have right now, my coding is bad so i am asking for your help.

of course i am using Gateway cheat engine , if anyone have it please tell me.

Except the shiny value isn't an actual thing that can be found in the save.

It's a value that is calculated based on various factors.

(TrainerID xor SecretID) xor (PersonalityValue31..16 xor PersonalityValue15..0)
Shininess is determined by a calculation involving the Original Trainer's ID number and secret ID number, as well as the Pokémon's personality value <PID>
where the latter two values represent the highest and lowest 16 bits of the 32-bit personality value respectively
The above formula can result in a number from 0 to 65535. If the result is less than 16, then the Pokémon is Shiny. 
This results in a probability of 16/65536 or 1/4096, double the previous probability.

A shiny value is simply derived from the partially from the formula the game uses.

Most Pokemon have different PID,

cause PID is generated when an encounter happens.

Unless you want your Pokemon to all have the same PID, we need a code that is dynamic with PID generation.

Maybe its a code that will request for the game to keep generating a PID, and will only accept the PID when it matches shiny criteria.

Not saying it's impossible. (It was done is Gen IV and V, I think)

I'm saying we need some pros here!

From what I understand any increases in the chance of getting a shiny (Stuff like the Shiny Charm) just cause extra rerolls of the PID for more chances of a matching one coming up. So if a value exists in RAM to keep track of it, maybe it can be raised. Out of my curiosity the most I have done so far is artificially inflate the chaining counters (fishing and dexnav) and got about 8 shinnies one weekend. But at the best they do for increased chances still made it a slow process of maybe one a hour and since it's still within the bounds of legitimate chances since chaining is a legitimate feature to raise chances, it still means nothing guaranteed and I went 2.5 hours without seeing one once. I was going to try finding if a reroll counter existed but my Gateway has the glitch where I can only do exact searches and I'm not sure what the exact value of it exists that the reroll counter would start at. Like I say the chaining counters only help a bit even at maxed out values (chaining can only go up to 65535 before resetting) dexnav only up to legitimately 99 before resetting but with codes up to 255 and you have to freeze it to stop it from resetting. Also having the dexnav extra high causes unnaturally high level pokemon due to the chaining level bonus. Also I have no idea why but my newlines are not being used so sorry for the wall of text.

Force rerolling the PID could work, I don't see how you could initiate a battle when it's at a correct PID for the shiny though, maybe some kind of cheat to input a PID for the next pokemon could work for a shiny, a bit like in the older games using a cheat to insert a RNG seed

Well, I did some tests, just tried to change the pokemon encountered with the dexnav. I managed to replace it but it seems that the offset is quite different and depends of the player's location. Moreover, sometimes the offset is exactly the same for different locations.

Ok, sorry for another consecutive post. I think I am on the right track, just found the PID in the RAM. Well, I don't know if modify it there would change something, but better than nothing.

EDIT : Hey just see that ! https://twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/696857382308155393 I got it to work well after that, some things to correct and I will share it.

Edited by Nba_Yoh

Except the shiny value isn't an actual thing that can be found in the save.

It's a value that is calculated based on various factors.

(TrainerID xor SecretID) xor (PersonalityValue31..16 xor PersonalityValue15..0)
Shininess is determined by a calculation involving the Original Trainer's ID number and secret ID number, as well as the Pokémon's personality value <PID>
where the latter two values represent the highest and lowest 16 bits of the 32-bit personality value respectively
The above formula can result in a number from 0 to 65535. If the result is less than 16, then the Pokémon is Shiny. 
This results in a probability of 16/65536 or 1/4096, double the previous probability.

A shiny value is simply derived from the partially from the formula the game uses.

Most Pokemon have different PID,

cause PID is generated when an encounter happens.

Unless you want your Pokemon to all have the same PID, we need a code that is dynamic with PID generation.

Maybe its a code that will request for the game to keep generating a PID, and will only accept the PID when it matches shiny criteria.

Not saying it's impossible. (It was done is Gen IV and V, I think)

I'm saying we need some pros here!

i know that, if someone found the code , a part of that code contain the shiny value and trainer ID must be edited for any player.

someone in GBAtemp found it, but its freeze alot and not perfect.

i know that, if someone found the code , a part of that code contain the shiny value and trainer ID must be edited for any player.

Are you able to post the link here.

I'm no expert at codes, but I'll like to take a look at it :)

Doesn't matter if it's gateway or NTR; I am able to use both

Edit: from what I know, the shiny charm enables you a few extra chances to reroll PID

(Can't remember exact value).

If the location can be determined, using a battle before shiny charm, and a battle after shiny charm,

You probably could place a large number at the location, and it'll keep rerolling till its shiny.

Meaning, you won't even need code to insert your shiny value or for the game to do the shiny calculation;

We're just extending an existing operation that it's in the game.

I think that was how it was done in Gen V? xD

(The game may hang while trying to generate a PID)

Edit 2:

I've been wondering for some time, does receiving the shiny charm set a flag in the game?

The game could just reference that flag , rather than check if the item exists in inventory.

The trainer ID do not have to be edited.

Are you able to post the link here.

I'm no expert at codes, but I'll like to take a look at it :)

Doesn't matter if it's gateway or NTR; I am able to use both

Edit: from what I know, the shiny charm enables you a few extra chances to reroll PID

(Can't remember exact value).

If the location can be determined, using a battle before shiny charm, and a battle after shiny charm,

You probably could place a large number at the location, and it'll keep rerolling till its shiny.

Meaning, you won't even need code to insert your shiny value or for the game to do the shiny calculation;

We're just extending an existing operation that it's in the game.

I think that was how it was done in Gen V? xD

(The game may hang while trying to generate a PID)

Edit 2:

I've been wondering for some time, does receiving the shiny charm set a flag in the game?

The game could just reference that flag , rather than check if the item exists in inventory.

I made a shiny cheat, just look at my previous post. I am going to share it and explain how I did it but I have to test it with other games than mine.