Question about randomizing ORAS.

Hello,

I would like to play Pokemon ORAS and edit it (edit Pokemon base stats or type, or learnset). I think the "technical" word is randomize.

Well, what's the best way to do it? Are there Nintendo 3DS emulator out there, or should I buy a real one?

Are there ORAS ROMs out there? If I have to buy the games, then is it possible to edit them even if they're original?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I hope this is the right section.

How to play the game modified:

Homebrew & HANS (requires an exploit like cubic ninja), or custom firmware and ROMs (firmware 9.2 and below)

How to modify:

Dump the ROM with either above method. Follow one of the many tutorials online, and Randomize with pk3DS.

You need an exploitable system setup, and you need to have the game to play via homebrew.

How to play the game modified:

Homebrew & HANS (requires an exploit like cubic ninja), or custom firmware and ROMs (firmware 9.2 and below)

How to modify:

Dump the ROM with either above method. Follow one of the many tutorials online, and Randomize with pk3DS.

You need an exploitable system setup, and you need to have the game to play via homebrew.

I thank you very much, but as ignorant as I am, I didn't understand a few things! :D:(

So, do I need to buy the Nintendo 3DS?

Do I need to buy the official game (then perhaps load it on a pc and modify it)?

What is an exploitable system setup? What does "dump" mean?

What's an "exploit"?

May I have a link to some tutorial, perhaps?

Thank you very much for your patience.

You need a 3DS. There are no 3DS emulators capable of playing the games.

Go read GBAtemp/google.

Thank you. :)

What about the games? Do I have to buy an original one?

For now, I'm mostly interested in understanding what I need (to buy) in order to play a Pokemon game where Caterpie is a Fairy-type, learns Hyperspace Fury and evolves into a Magikarp. :D

Then, I'll try to understand how to make it happen (perhaps watching some tutorials.. would you please link a good one?).

Thanks again, I hope that step by step I'll have all the pieces to play my personalized game. :)