Sky Editor: ROM Hack Projects

13 hours ago, evandixon said:

Fixed in the latest build. It might still show short IDs out of order though.

Nice, no more duplicate IDs. I also noticed that missing IDs were put at the top of the list, rather than disappearing with script sort, which is nice as well.

Also, I realize that while my initial posts were about acquiring information and assistance, my recent posts have been more along the lines of issue/bug reporting. Would you rather I just put such things at https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.ROMEditor/issues ? I already posted one such report there a while ago...And two more closed issues before that one, which were from when I was foolishly using an outdated version, haha... But nevermind those!

On another note... This may be useful for anyone else editing PSMD scripts with the Sky Editor ROM Editor: https://pastebin.com/V61vqTi5
These are the notes I've taken while working on scripts thus far. The lists within my notes are mostly incomplete, but someone might find it useful anyway.

Edited by Gemzo

On 11/30/2017 at 6:16 AM, Gemzo said:

Also, I realize that while my initial posts were about acquiring information and assistance, my recent posts have been more along the lines of issue/bug reporting. Would you rather I just put such things at https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.ROMEditor/issues ? I already posted one such report there a while ago...And two more closed issues before that one, which were from when I was foolishly using an outdated version, haha... But nevermind those!

TBH I forgot I had a backlog of issues over there. I'll try to keep a better eye on that, but feel free to post issues wherever. And don't be afraid to poke me if I don't respond in over a week, since that probably means I didn't see it, or I forgot.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:16 AM, Gemzo said:

On another note... This may be useful for anyone else editing PSMD scripts with the Sky Editor ROM Editor: https://pastebin.com/V61vqTi5
These are the notes I've taken while working on scripts thus far. The lists within my notes are mostly incomplete, but someone might find it useful anyway.

That reminds me of the page I quickly started over in the technical documentation section of this website. I'd appreciate it if you filled out this form and added useful snippets there as you find/make them.

In other news, I updated the ROM editor to support outputting to Luma 3DS's Layered FS. (Link to latest build)

Edited by evandixon

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out how FARC files work, which makes a lot more things possible. As an example, I've made a ROM hack replacing Bulbasaur and Charamander with Zorua and Eevee as playable characters. This is different from previous hacks because placeholder portraits (ones with just a background instead of images of Pokemon) have been automatically replaced with the default portrait.

I've attached the ModPack zip file that Sky Editor creates. For those who are unaware, this zip file contains the patching program needed to patch a decrypted ROM. The .Net Framework 4.6.2 is needed IIRC.

ModPack 1.0.0.zip

[Edit] Some in the PMD Discord guild have expressed interest in playing as a Buizel. I replaced Squirtle as a starter to make this possible.

ModPack 1.0.0.zip

Edited by evandixon

• 4 months later...

Hi! I just wanna thank you for this project. This could really shake up the PMD hacking scene! I just have two questions.

1.Will the stuff you're able to edit in explorers of sky be available for PSMD and vice versa?

2.Will there be a Sprite editor for Explorers of sky?

If you could answer these questions,that would be greatly appreciated :)

On 7/11/2018 at 2:09 AM, Pokeboi said:

1.Will the stuff you're able to edit in explorers of sky be available for PSMD and vice versa?

For the most part yes, like starters, scripts, and Pokemon portraits, but there's some things that are either only applicable to one or have only been researched on one. Additional reading about what can be done can be found here.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:09 AM, Pokeboi said:

2.Will there be a Sprite editor for Explorers of sky?

Maybe not in Sky Editor, but @psy_commando's GfxCrunch should work.

9 hours ago, evandixon said:

For the most part yes, like starters, scripts, and Pokemon portraits, but there's some things that are either only applicable to one or have only been researched on one. Additional reading about what can be done can be found here.

Maybe not in Sky Editor, but @psy_commando's GfxCrunch should work.

Thank you so much!  I want to make my own hack in a few years,so this is good start for me.

• 1 year later...

hey there, idk where to post this so I'm just gonna ask for help here, I've been trying to make a mod for clefairy is a starter and buizel as a partner, but this error happens everytime I try to patch the rom

Exception Details:
System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.Utilities.xdelta.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.Utilities.xdelta.Dispose()
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.ModFile.VB$StateMachine_28_ApplyPatch.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.ModFile.VB$StateMachine_29_ApplyPatch.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.ModFile.VB$StateMachine_30_ApplyPatches.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.NDSand3DSCore.VB$StateMachine_2_RunPatch.MoveNext()
   at DS_ROM_Patcher.Form2.VB$StateMachine_105_Form2_Load.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

ModPack and Portraits.zip