Pokemon Haters: "excuses" that get them to shut up

D@t@_G@ll@de#3

People just don't understand IT`S JUST A GAME!

Most of them tend to like really violent games and call others names for not playing them.

I got called a name for not playing GTA = =

GTA, to me, is the worst themed game ever. Why would you make a game of violence, only to add more violence to stupid little annoying kids, leading to gangsters/wannabe people who have non-sense vocabulary and pointless attire? Why would you influence crime? Is it really that fun to steal stuff?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be 100% literally honest, it's due to their original US release in 1998. When they hit, most 7-11-year-olds spooged about them. As they should. The TCG made them spooge even more.

Thing is, gamers are nerds - by default. And us nerds... we like to talk nerdy - a lot - to EVERYONE. And nerdy talk is annoying TO EVERYONE, even other nerds, since we have a tendency to ramble and fan squee the whole time. And being a little kid = x 65421321321321 annoying stat.

Hell, any fan squee is annoying. It's just when it came out there where SO MANY of us and ALL OF US where so young and we wouldn't shut our rambly mouths.

We talked about it SO MUCH, and the publicity was SO HUGE it just annoyed the hell out of anyone who didn't care or thought it was stupid. It just got so big with all the publicity and the "success" of the anime, that it became a big, fat, worldwide stereotype. It's mostly North America that I know has such a bad reputation, but it exists world-wide.

Like all stereotypes, it's based on fact, but it's majoritivly untrue :3

I mean, really? What other game is there where you can make your fire monkey bludgeon an electric squirrel to "faint"? NONE.

Honestly, all pokemon is is a colored, glorified version of cock fighting :|

QFT

I make fun of the pokenerds at school all the time, and keep pokemon a secret. I have encounterd may who hate it, so I just agree. That is my solution.

I agree with this, I'm a closet Pokemon fan.

Out of every JRPG out there, Pokemon is the only one I can actually play for over 3 seconds. I just can't stand how FF and such keep repeating the same storyline with different characters, or how nearly every JPRG rarely differs from any other.

The difference is, Pokemon follows the whole RPG story curve, but it somehow manages to be different from the likes of Final Fantasy and such. It's weird.

It also dosen't help that most people who do like Pokemon aren't the coolest or the sanest people in the world. Hence why I don't announce my enjoyment for Pokemon to the world.

And I'm a programmer, we're all insane :P

And yes, theres that whole "Pokemon isn't manly!" I know a guy who's never played an RPG in his lifetime. Just FPS's and Racing games. Any game that's not similar to "Gears of War" or "Halo" is retarded in his opinion. He won't even acknowledge games like "Shadowrun" simply because it's got Elves, Dwarfs and Trolls in it.

Some people just hate playing anything that's different.

When any kids at school talk about pokemon I'll sarcastically say "Hey don't make fun of that!" or "Psh I was just playing that last night!" and since I say it sarcastically it looks like I'm joking around whereas I very possibly could be serious :P so I'm not lying I'm just disguising the truth. I would also like to point out the people who don't like ninjas (not like naruto or w/e but like real flippy aroundy and ninja star throwy ninjas) are dumb too. Ninjas are awesome !

and.... :bidoof: just because its cool!

Edited by Killidan9216
to make you all wonder what I edited!

no one knows i play pokemon except the people on this site and my sister so ive never had problems with haters.

i guess i never will cause pokemon is like my dirty little secret and im happy for it to stay like that

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see anything wrong with playing Pokemon, just that I think people in Singapore are not really into competitive battling somehow.

Yeah some people even think it's outdated and stuff, but I don't think so. If it can be affected by trends, I would say things like DoTA would have gone the way of the dodo already. Although it's true that more people embrace the PSP rather than the DS because they think the DS games are cheesy and dumb.

no one knows i play pokemon except the people on this site and my sister so ive never had problems with haters.

i guess i never will cause pokemon is like my dirty little secret and im happy for it to stay like that

That ^

Have people considered that the guy who created this and all of his nerdy followers are all really really really really really really really really rich?

Yeah sometimes its just best not to say you play pokemon....my neighbor thinks its stupid and I'm so sick of hearing it. He used to play it and got EVERY single legendary! Plus he knew every NON AR trick there was. He was really good but then he quit because he got bored. I just dont see how you can get bored after years of fan devotion! Now he wont even listen to my pokemon defense....how sad is that.

Obsession with it is contagious to young people though. Me and my friend have spread it to all of our little siblings and now they all love pokemon! I spread it to my friend who used to play pokemon and is the same age as me so I'm surprised he is obsessed now.

Pokemon haters dont know what they're missing.

The same thing happens with Mario all the time. In fact, it happens with most Nintendo games with the possible exception of Metroid.

Tell me about. I'm sick and tired of of hearing about how much more powerful the other consoles and handhelds are compared to the DS and Wii, and their much better graphics. TBH, there hasn't been any really great graphics improvements since the N64, in any system. All we're getting is a higher polygon count and more realistic physics, both of which are only marginally good. Graphics are largely good enough and, and one of the awesome things about games is that they don't need to follow realistic physics. See Super Mario Galaxy as an example.

Metroid Prime is the only game where I was literally amazed by the graphics, because they looked so much better and so much more detailed than any other Gamecube game I have ever seen. Other than that, as long as I can tell one object from another, I'm usually good.

I want to see gaming companies stop spending so much on graphics and HD shit and seriously pour some money into bettering their AIs. Ideally, I want an AI to be like a person: creative, learns from mistakes, able to recognize effective tactics on its own (so it can actually fight effectively, and not how the game maker thinks it'll be effective), etc. It's tough, but that's the advance I really want to see. Until then, AI will always be able to be beaten by exploiting it's patterns.

For example, in SSBM, Final Destination, Ganondorf (me) vs. Bowser (Lv9 CPU), I could get the first KO in less than 4 seconds if I didn't mess up the sequence.

Dash, double jump over the fire breath, F-air, F-tilt 2-3 times, Short hop a D-air to spike him into the abyss.

I won a 4 stock match once in 1:03, with only 32% damage.

The computer was never able to learn that using Fire Breath on a Ganon running straight at you at the beginning of the match is not a good idea. It got boring after a while, and it's no fun to handicap your own fighting style to compensate for the CPU's predictability.

I demand nothing less than an AI that can pass the video game version of the Turing Test. Until the, all the glitz that graphics advances bring is just polishing a turd, metaphorically speaking.

Wow, that was more than I'd planned on doing.

I love it how every pokemon is so well thought out. Their designs are superior to any other IMO. I mean they look cute and cool at the same time without being overdone with 859237542309 spikes or 50% of them being DARK EVIL DRAGON OF DOOM etc... Then there's the complexity of 17 types, alot of strategic game mechanics like IV/EV, natures, egg moves and what not.

The people I met who dislike Pokemon, the reason is always that they saw the anime and never heard of games. So I can understand them in a way. I can't stop laughing at the bullcrap and nonsense when I see an episode. And it also makes me sad when they ignore how the pokemon world works in the games 90% of the time and make up their own logic. <.<

And it also makes me sad when they ignore how the pokemon world works in the games 90% of the time and make up their own logic. <.<

At least it's not as bad as the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

"Giant Soldier of Stone, attack the moon!"

I'm still baffled by that entire duel to this day.

It's all down to blatant self-assumption on their part Klaatu. Don't brood too much about it, we Pokemon fans are with you =D

But I REALLY hate Pokemon...

I think the biggest turn off for Pokemon haters is the anime. They haven't really played the game and seen how competitive it is.

At least it's not as bad as the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

"Giant Soldier of Stone, attack the moon!"

I'm still baffled by that entire duel to this day.

Me too. I'll never understand that. Nor will I understand how Mystical Elf gave all her Attack Points to Blue Eyes White Dragon and raised it up to 4100 without anything.

I guess I'll say one thing: "Screw the rules!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP24KR2nOzg

T__T

I mean WTF...

It really makes Pokemon look like total bs q.q

It would be awesome if there was another Pokemon anime. One that is based on the games more than just including the same characters and locations. A story of a totally different Character every 10 or so episodes would rock. It wouldn't be....BORING

Edited by Klaatu

We pokemon fans have to stick together!

I think if you sat down with a pokemon hater, they listened, and you listened to their argument and you explained the intricacy and success of pokemon they might shut up about it. Pokemon can actually be really really competitive. I believe that the older they are, the harder it is to sway them to the pokemon side.

We pokemon fans have to stick together!

I think if you sat down with a pokemon hater, they listened, and you listened to their argument and you explained the intricacy and success of pokemon they might shut up about it. Pokemon can actually be really really competitive. I believe that the older they are, the harder it is to sway them to the pokemon side.

But I hate Pokemon. How many times must I say this? :(

Anyways, just explain the complexity of the game to the haters and they'll just shut up.

Pokémon is a great game... Here in the Philipppines, almost all of the smart guys are playing with it... We started to battle with each other through links... From primary to secondary and even to college persons, Pokémon games are popular... It's like having a tamagochi pet or even more and it's an unending adventure with a wide range of imagination that makes it more fun to play with... Too bad, those haters are missing it so much... Oh, and also, if you want to enhance your strategical skills, star playing Pokémon!!! It will help you a lot!!! Hehehe...:grog:

Pokémon is a great game... Here in the Philipppines, almost all of the smart guys are playing with it... We started to battle with each other through links... From primary to secondary and even to college persons, Pokémon games are popular... It's like having a tamagochi pet or even more and it's an unending adventure with a wide range of imagination that makes it more fun to play with... Too bad, those haters are missing it so much... Oh, and also, if you want to enhance your strategical skills, star playing Pokémon!!! It will help you a lot!!! Hehehe...:grog:

Agreed! Pokemon haters dont know what they're missing! Plus, I think it does improve strategy skills, also my research skills have definitely improved. Back when I knew nothing about pokemon I had to look up a lot of things to help me through the game and information on pokemon such as type advantages and weaknesses that weren't plainly obvious. So because of that my research abilities have improved. However, I'm unable to convince anyone that pokemon is educational or has educational value :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

I think pokemon as a whole help real animals.

Think about this, if we play pokemon. I think at least we will be keeping the wildlife alone rather than shooting wildlife for that similar kind of high we get when we capture a legendary for example.