[PC and 3DS] Pokémon Dream Radar Save Editor

suloku

IMPORTANT NOTE: the savegames in the 3DS sd card are ENCRYPTED. To make any modifications you need the unencrypted savegame (or use the 3DS version of the editor). To do either, you need to run HOMEBREW on your 3DS. As of February 13th 2017 the recomended method is SoundHax to run homebrew and JKSavemanager to get the unencrypted savegames, you will find plenty tutorials on youtube/other specialized forums that focus on homebrew. If you are on firmware 11.2 or below you may be interested in reading about installing a Custom Firmware (CFW) or arm9 Loader Hax (a9lh) before updating to 11.3 (again, there are plenty tutorials out there).
For your own sake, please make sure you are following an update tutorial like https://3ds.guide/

Links:

UPDATES:

New 0.2 is up, it can edit upgrade levels and items, as well as highscore data

This editor allows to modify current orbs (the that can be used to buy), refill clouds, items, upgrade levels and unlock the special gen IV extensions that can only be unlocked inserting the gen IV cartridges on the 3DS.

Also allows to modify the "current orb count for reward", which is the value that stores how many orbs were gathered since the last reward was received:

Retrieval Extension:            Obtain a total of 200 Dream Orbs
Eureka Extension A (Tornadus):    Obtain a total of 400 Dream Orbs

Dowsing Extension:                Obtain a total of 700 Dream Orbs, catch Tornadus
Eureka Extension B (Thundurus):    Obtain a total of 1500 Dream Orbs, catch Tornadus

Eureka Extension G (Landorus):    Obtain a total of 3000 Dream Orbs, catch Thundurus

Press the "Give next reward" button to set it to a value that will trigger the next story event.

Note: you may have to enter and exit the search screen each time to receive the all the rewards, since only one is given at a time.

After the player catches Tornadus, Thundurs or Landorus, the "current orb count for reward" is reset to 0. This means that currently, to unlock all game content, one has to do the following:

1. Set "current orb count for reward" to at least 400
  2. Enter the game, Retrieval and Eureka A extensions are received
  3. Catch Tornadus, "current orb count for reward" is reset to 0.
  4. Set "current orb count for reward" to at least 1500
  5. Enter the game, Dowsing and Eureka B extensions are received
  6. Catch Thundurus, "current orb count for reward" is reset to 0.
  7. Set "current orb count for reward" to at least 3000
  8. Enter the game, Eureka G extensions is received
  9. After catching Landorus, the credits will roll and all left game content will be unlocked (simulator A, B and G will be received and gen IV extensions, if unlocked, will be available).

It also allows to unlock the geneartion IV extensions, which can normally only be unlocked by inserting a gen IV DS cartridge in the 3DS console, and to re-catch those legendaries so they can be transfered to another Black2/White2 cartridge.

Todo list:

• Check whether or not pokemon are randomly generated when transfered to Black2/White2 --> checked, pokémon are randomly generated in BW2, independently of Dream Radar transfered data.
  • Find power up data --> found
  • Find in-game item data --> found
  • Find current orb color data (dream pokemon change depending on it) --> found where it might be, but since it looks more complicated than I thought and you can just play once, get a single orb and get that color I won't look more into it.
  • Find highscore data (probably will only be editable in PC save editor) --> found
  • Maybe: find transferable items/pokemon (editable in PC save editor depending on how they are stored)
  • Maybe: find tornadus/thundurs/landorus catched flags to be able to re-catch (might be game-breaking) --> probably found, needs further testing (game breaks if all flags enabled in a new savefile). Also found highscore data/game finished flag in the proces
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
49 minutes ago, Sonicjan said:

Oh, thank you, that would work too, but I thought there be another way, like putting the .pkm files onto the pc so that they are not in the game files anymore, so that have them legal "transfered"

These are .pkm files that once you download it'll be on your computer,
so do what you want with them.

It should be noted that pokéstock can mimic Dream Radar transfer system to BW2, you may just use them on a BW2 savefile and get the pokémon. Here's a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/2ezvry/guide_pokestock_entralink_and_dream_radar/

Since pokestock is a closed source japanese tool, I intend to research this so it can be added to pkhex and everyone can enjoy dream radar pokémon without actually having a 3ds or dream radar.

On 24/5/2016 at 0:54 PM, King Impoleon said:

Nice

but where to Inject or find the PDR Save file?

Browserhax don't work anymore....

Whoops, should have answered this like a long time ago: any entrypoint that loads the hombrew browser will work. You may use jksavemanager or svdt to get the savegame. As of now soundhax is the entrypoint to use.

• Like 1

Great work Suloku! I have a legit copy of Dream Radar and Black 2 so this is quite useful to me!

I was wondering if you had a .cia version of this? Thanks to the new Soundhax & Fasthax, everyone can have Custom Firmware. So a .cia file would be better as they can directly install this program on their 3DS with FBI or something like that.

I did compile 0.3 as cia at some later point, not sure why I didn't add it to the release package (probably because not many people had access to custom firmware back then). I'll update the download file to include the cia: https://github.com/suloku/pdrpse/releases/tag/0.3

EDIT: I remembered why I didn't release the cia: I built it as test, removing the standard 3dsx code and I wanted to merge sources to be able to build both the cia and 3dsx, but never got to do that. I may just upload the modified source for the cia, I don't think this will be getting any updates.

So, where exactly is the save file located? I tried searching my SD card for the *.dat files, but none was found. I'm not using the 3ds version, I'm only doing it on PC. I looked it up on google, but people's guides are totally wrong for me, maybe it's because I've got European version.

Edited by andrewmyles

3DS stores data on the SD card, but this data is encrypted and the only way to decrypt it is using the 3DS itself.

You need to run homebrew on your 3DS to get a copy of the decrypted savedata on your SD card. I suggerst finding a tutorial about how to run homebrew and then using jksavemanager to get your savefile. As of 3DS system software 11.3 the best method for this is Soundhax+homebrew launcher. If you are on 11.2 or below you can use that method too, but you may want to consider installing a custom firmware (which is not possible on 11.3). Project pokémon is not really focused on 3DS "hacking", so I suggest looking information about the process elsewhere, there are plenty tutorials in youtube and other sites (but be sure to use an up to date tutorial, 3ds scene has change a lot in the last years and old tutorials won't work or may even risk your 3DS).

• 7 years later...