HELP on PID and Encryption Constant of my own pokes

basshunter

Hi guys!

First sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I have tried to search for my answer on this thread and other sites but I'm still confused lol.

So I wanted to know with regards to my own pokemon that I have caught ingame or bred ingame (Alpha Sapphire using PkHex) :

- if I change the nature and the IV's, do I need to change the PID and/or Encryption Constant (EC)?

- if I change the OT and TID + SID of a legit pokemon I got from trade to my details, do I need to change PID and/EC?

- if I make my legitimate pokemon from my game shiny, do I need to reroll the EC?

Basically when is it needed to change my PID and EC with regards to my own pokemon ingame or bred. :)

I thank you in advance for your help guys!

PS: these are not for competitive purposes, just for my ocd needs of having perfect pokes :)

• Like 1

The game doesn't check for them so it's your choice, but it's recommend to roll the PID and EC once because having two pokémon with those values equal to each other will look fishy, and you know, it's possible to extract replay data and look at it. Also if two pokémon have the same EC/PID and the same model (e. g. clones), if you put put them side by side on your box and hover the cursor between them, even if they have different stats their animation just continue running as if it was the same pokémon.

Basically you're just making them "a bit more legal and unique". Never hurts to do.

Also the PID isn't really tied to anything anymore and is only a legacy value used to determine shininess, so you don't really have to mind.

• Like 1

Aahhh makes sense! Thanks so much for clearing my confusion! Just wanted to clarify that if I change the OT and TID + SID of a legit pokemon I got from trade to my OT, TID and SID details, do I need to change PID and/EC or can I leave it as it were before assuming that the trade pokemon isn't a clone?

You don't need to because the traded pokémon would already have unique PID/EC anyway assuming they're legit or at least not related to yours at all. Only if it's shiny and you want to retain its shininess, you'd have to make PKHeX generate a new shiny PID (or if by luck, when you update the OT info the pokémon becomes shiny and you don't want it to be).