mdrngzer: A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Randomizer

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, I just made an account because I'm having trouble randomizing my game. Specifically, I'm getting ROM: failed to open header.bin. 

For the record, I do have the Visual C++ thing installed, and running the file as normal in Desmume has no problems whatsoever. So what's the big deal?

• 4 weeks later...

I think this might just be because I'm missing something.. But when I leave whole Pokemon tab unchecked but do randomization in the Dungeon tab and Experimental tab the movesets and abilities are still randomized. Is there any way to fix this?

• 3 months later...

Hey! I am getting the same issue everyone else seems to be getting. I do have the Visual C++ Installed and it still wont randomize the rom. I have the correct rom, as I tried several other roms in it. But I got nothing.. I have a HP Gaming Laptop and I would like to know how to fix this irritating problem! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys just now stumbling across this and it seems to be the only relevant randomizer for Sky. When I randomize the rom file and try to open it through Desmume, all I get is a white screen. Not sure if there's a more current version of the randomizer but this is all I could find. Any ideas? This game was part of my childhood and I'd love to revisit one of my favorite games with a new twist. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i've tried absolutely everything there is to try and fix it. I've checked if my roms work regularly on desmume and they do, i've downloaded the correct version of microsoft redistributable, i've run the program as an administrator and yet im still encountering ROM: Failed to open header.bin so could anyone offer assistance on how else i can fix this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I really want to play this randomizer, but I don't have a computer to play it...

I tried playing it on my phone (which i'm using to write this right now) emulator, but it doesn't work.

My last option is playing using my 3ds emulator, Twilight Menu, but for that I need a .nds archive of the game... Is it possible to make one, or is there one anywhere?

Edited by Tera.nds

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not even sure how long this has been since someone last posted. So I've always loved PMD and wanted to try randomizing the game. Unfortunately mdrngzer keeps saying cannot open bin even after I tested it on my emulator before hand. I'm on windows ten and don't have the Visual C+ 2015, since its been like 5 years since then XD. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Is there any way that the community could add post-gen 4 Pokemon like Sylveon or Zorua, by making sprites for them and assigning them to certain IQ groups? Zorua, Zoroark, and Sylveon should be in group F, in my opinion.

Oh, since there is no Fairy type in Gen 4, Sylveon should be Normal type instead. Is that okay?

On 7/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, KelseyEevee133 said:

Is there any way that the community could add post-gen 4 Pokemon like Sylveon or Zorua, by making sprites for them and assigning them to certain IQ groups? Zorua, Zoroark, and Sylveon should be in group F, in my opinion.

Oh, since there is no Fairy type in Gen 4, Sylveon should be Normal type instead. Is that okay?

It is a surprisingly difficult process to add even one Pokemon though someone did add Rowlet to the game if you're interested: