Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Slayerspear said:

Can someone give me a direct link to download? None of the ones i have found seem to be working. Please and thank you in advance.

Sorry about that, it seems like some of the posts got a bit messed up when project pokemon got hacked a while back. I've put a proper link in the other thread again and here you go: Pokemon XG v0.9.7

On 4/6/2017 at 9:33 PM, azmodaus16 said:

I need help finding the shadow carvanha in the game if any help can be given it's appreciated i already beat the final boss and have lugia but the carvanha seems out of place for late game.  Thanks in advance

Carvanha was encountered at the end of the ONBS takeover with Commander Ray (known as EXOL in vanilla). Carvanha is supposed to be obtainable from Miror B. using the miror radar if you failed to catch it the first time like any other shadow pokemon. Someone else did mention once that it never showed up again from Miror B. but when I tried it out myself it showed up so it should work. Have you been paying attention to the miror radar? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AuraDigital said:

May I ask why there's a move called 'Wild Flare,' and why Phampy learns it?

And why is Beldum Pink?

I added a few new moves to fill up some of the gaps in move variety. For example, there is only one physical fairy move (play rough) so I added play fair which is just a weaker version for early game mons. Wild flare was needed because there were very few physical fire moves (fire punch, flame wheel, sacred fire). I was already added a bunch of fake shadow moves into the game so I felt I might as well throw in a few regular ones too.

As for why phanpy has it, in XD, shadow pokemon typically gained a special move after they were purified which they could not normally learn. In the original they're mostly useless moves like charm, baton pass and refresh so I wanted to take that mechanic a step further with fun and useful moves. I have changed most of the shadow pokemon and moves quite drastically in the next version though so it won't actually have it in future.

As for shiny beldum, that's how it looks in vanilla XD. In general, a lot of the shiny textures look really bad in colo/xd. I don't why but that's how they made the game. :)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dontkillSif said:

Yooo I see version 1.0.1 is out.  Gonna start a new game on this, thanks for all the work you did for this game Stars!

You're most welcome.

I should mention though, there are a couple of rare but game breaking bugs still in 1.0.1. I have literally just finished my last exam though so I'll be able to really focus on XG now. I've already fixed most of the issues and I'll be releasing the minor update on saturday. Up to you if you want to wait or not though :)

On 2017-5-11 at 7:36 AM, StarsMmd said:

You're most welcome.

I should mention though, there are a couple of rare but game breaking bugs still in 1.0.1. I have literally just finished my last exam though so I'll be able to really focus on XG now. I've already fixed most of the issues and I'll be releasing the minor update on saturday. Up to you if you want to wait or not though :)

Aight, I might wait then.  I did notice a similar bug as the guy before me posted, not sure if it's a thing in the romhack, or if I have to delete the physical save file or what, but yeah that's a thing.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:52 AM, ethan2060 said:

So I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I'm getting this error on the first Cipher Peon to the right in Cipher Key Lair. I'm using Dolphin 5.0 emulator. Any advice?

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 6.46.39 PM.png

Yeah there was a problem with the animation for one of the shadow moves which gengar knows so a lot of people have had this problem but I have created a fix which I'll be uploading tomorrow. ;)

On 5/16/2017 at 9:43 PM, dontkillSif said:

Aight, I might wait then.  I did notice a similar bug as the guy before me posted, not sure if it's a thing in the romhack, or if I have to delete the physical save file or what, but yeah that's a thing.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to add a few things and work on some nicer documentation. Everything will be fixed tomorrow :)

10 minutes ago, ethan2060 said:

Is there a guide on how to patch onto save files of 1.01

You don't need to patch the save file itself. Sorry, I should have been clearer. You just apply the new patch to a clean ROM and continue playing on the new ROM with the same save file as before.

I'm having some troubles accessing my save file from Dolphin. When I try to export that save file it says Dolphin finds 0 save files. Instead should I input the save file from the old copy (1.01)  when I open the new copy?

7 minutes ago, ethan2060 said:

I'm having some troubles accessing my save file from Dolphin. When I try to export that save file it says Dolphin finds 0 save files. Instead should I input the save file from the old copy (1.01)  when I open the new copy?

You don't need to do anything to the save file. Simply play on the new iso instead of the old one. You can just delete the old one and put the new one in the same folder.

12 hours ago, awesomenick said:

Say does anyone know how to evolve Feebas? I'm assuming since trading is not possible in this game then there's another way. o.O

If you're on v1.0.3 then you can update to v1.0.4 (which is compatible with v1.0.3 save files) and in v1.0.4 it evolves at level 20. In previous versions I forgot to change the evolution method so unfortunately you'll have to wait for shadow milotic. Sorry about that :)

Are the battle CD's working? I have 1.0.4 and the girl at the counter says How may I help you but doesn't let me choose a CD. I'm really glad you're working on bingo and CDs, I hope you're able to make custom ones. I love playing them, especially bingo. :)

5 hours ago, Furenzu said:

Are the battle CD's working? I have 1.0.4 and the girl at the counter says How may I help you but doesn't let me choose a CD. I'm really glad you're working on bingo and CDs, I hope you're able to make custom ones. I love playing them, especially bingo. :)

Not yet unfortunately but coming soon :)