Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

Sun and Moon coming this year and i'm more excited for this to be honest. I always had a soft spot for the GCN Pokemon games

That might change after the sun and moon information coming out on tuesday! I hope they're amazing but I was really disappointed by oras, especially since gen III is my personal favourite.

I'm just waiting for them to admit that the shadow mewtwo in pokken was hinting at an xD sequel for the NX. ?

That might change after the sun and moon information coming out on tuesday! I hope they're amazing but I was really disappointed by oras, especially since gen III is my personal favourite.

I'm just waiting for them to admit that the shadow mewtwo in pokken was hinting at an xD sequel for the NX. ?

I just hope it's more about the new pokemon than it is about mega evolution. I'm getting tired of mega evolutions. I just want some interesting new pokemon with some new types and abilities we've never seen yet.

An xD sequel would be amazing though, and waaay overdue

I hate being one of those people to ask for an ETA but I'm not sure when exams are for you in England either. I've followed since this was posted and kept it bookmarked but haven't bothered making an account until now. May I ask how it's going?

I hate being one of those people to ask for an ETA but I'm not sure when exams are for you in England either. I've followed since this was posted and kept it bookmarked but haven't bothered making an account until now. May I ask how it's going?

It's not a problem:). I actually have my last exam tomorrow! I've been on top of all my revision too which means I was able to find time to work on XG a little. It's really, really close and I'm planning to play through the first beta version with my brother this weekend. I'll aim to release some kind of alpha/beta version within two weeks if everything seems about fine. since most of the work on the hack will be done. After that I'll release small updates for any remaining features as they are added. It will be probably change quite a bit based on the feedback i get from others between the first release and final version but it would be nice to see what people think so far.

Hey man. Just checking up. How was the testing? I hope it went as great as I hope it did!

It went well. I got to try out a few things. I found out the data which determines which tutor moves a pokemon can learn are in a random order. I had to spend some time figuring out the correct order and then shuffling the data around.

I had a theory a while ago that some of the files were unused and I could delete them to make more space for important files. I never had the time to test it before but I confirmed it over the weekend. This is big because it meant I could double the number of Pokemon in mt. battle. For some reason mt. battle is really lacking in xD. Many trainers have as few as 1 Pokemon. XG is going to have a much steeper level curve so mt. battle needs to be on point.

I somehow managed to break the pokespots at some point yesterday even though they were working perfectly beforehand and I don't even remember changing them after that. I'll just have to trace back a little and see what happened but I doubt it'll be hard to solve.

I made it about half way through the game and apart from the pokespots bugging out at the end, everything else seems to be running smoothly. Once Mt.Battle has been updated the game should pretty much be ready for an initial release.

There is a LOT of text that still needs to be updated so the earlier builds may be a little inconsistent in places but that can all be done over time.

It went well. I got to try out a few things. I found out the data which determines which tutor moves a pokemon can learn are in a random order. I had to spend some time figuring out the correct order and then shuffling the data around.

I had a theory a while ago that some of the files were unused and I could delete them to make more space for important files. I never had the time to test it before but I confirmed it over the weekend. This is big because it meant I could double the number of Pokemon in mt. battle. For some reason mt. battle is really lacking in xD. Many trainers have as few as 1 Pokemon. XG is going to have a much steeper level curve so mt. battle needs to be on point.

I somehow managed to break the pokespots at some point yesterday even though they were working perfectly beforehand and I don't even remember changing them after that. I'll just have to trace back a little and see what happened but I doubt it'll be hard to solve.

I made it about half way through the game and apart from the pokespots bugging out at the end, everything else seems to be running smoothly. Once Mt.Battle has been updated the game should pretty much be ready for an initial release.

There is a LOT of text that still needs to be updated so the earlier builds may be a little inconsistent in places but that can all be done over time.

That sounds fantastic! Do you think the unused code has something to do with the PokeSpots? I'm sure you figured it out by now but maybe that has something to do with it! I'm glad to hear that everything else ran as good as can be! :]

That sounds fantastic! Do you think the unused code has something to do with the PokeSpots? I'm sure you figured it out by now but maybe that has something to do with it! I'm glad to hear that everything else ran as good as can be! :]

Yeah I figured it out in the end. I deleted the file but didn't update my code to factor that in so it started overwriting other files including a pokespot file. It's all fixed now ?

I just want to say I'm a huge fan of Gale of Darkness, and make a point of playing it at least once a year, and have kept up with this since its release.

This year, I think I'll be using this, as recently I've been hoping someone could make something like this for it.

Yeah I figured it out in the end. I deleted the file but didn't update my code to factor that in so it started overwriting other files including a pokespot file. It's all fixed now ?

Sweet my man. I assume the two weeks for a download is still in place then?

I just want to say I'm a huge fan of Gale of Darkness, and make a point of playing it at least once a year, and have kept up with this since its release.

This year, I think I'll be using this, as recently I've been hoping someone could make something like this for it.

Hey there, sorry I didn't see your post. XDGoD is one of my favourite pokemon games of all time and I've played through it a fair few times myself!

It's always a pleasure to hear from other fans of the series. I hope you'll enjoy XG. I discover new things about the game all the time so I look forward to seeing how far the xD hacking scene can go. Apart from the 3D models, I think hacking xD is actually easier than hacking the handheld games; there just aren't that many people hacking xD. In fact not many people even know it's possible to do yet. There is still a lot of potential. Maybe there'll be new and more exciting hacks for you each year now ;)

I thought I would check up on this thread, I'm thrilled to hear that your beta testing went well man! Am super hyped to try it out when you unveil the initial version :D

I'm glad you're looking forward to it! I hope you like it :)

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask, i don't know if you're allowed to say, but will the patch be applied the same as the colosseum randomizer?

I haven't actually decided yet. It would be nice to release a patch that can be applied directly to the ISO. I tried doing this once and it seemed like it was going to take a long time. I'll try and find out exactly how long it takes and if it's too long will try and find an alternative. Maybe I'll just dump the ISO somewhere and pray

Yo what's up. How's everything going?

Everything is going well my G. I'm currently writing a script assembler based off the script disassembler @Tux wrote. I've been really getting the hang of scripting in xD and a program to do it would be really convenient.

I've recently been trying to figure out how feasible it is to add more shadow Pokemon into the game. From everything I've seen so far, there is a very good chance of this. I'll need to run some tests later today. There are a lot of Pokemon that I'd really like to be obtainable in the game but had to be cut due to the limited number.

I just wonder whether that might reduce the enjoyment of the game though. It means more time is spent catching and purifying Pokemon you don't care about for the sake of completion. It might be best to add just a few more mons. I wonder if people would prefer to have every single Pokemon be obtainable in xD. What do you think?

Either way it will be a little while before I start adding more pokemon as each obtainable pokemon needs to have its level up,tutor and tm moves redone to fit XG's new mechanics and this takes time. I'm pushing for a release that is stable before trying to do anything too fancy.

Everything is going well my G. I'm currently writing a script assembler based off the script disassembler @Tux wrote. I've been really getting the hang of scripting in xD and a program to do it would be really convenient.

I've recently been trying to figure out how feasible it is to add more shadow Pokemon into the game. From everything I've seen so far, there is a very good chance of this. I'll need to run some tests later today. There are a lot of Pokemon that I'd really like to be obtainable in the game but had to be cut due to the limited number.

I just wonder whether that might reduce the enjoyment of the game though. It means more time is spent catching and purifying Pokemon you don't care about for the sake of completion. It might be best to add just a few more mons. I wonder if people would prefer to have every single Pokemon be obtainable in xD. What do you think?

Either way it will be a little while before I start adding more pokemon as each obtainable pokemon needs to have its level up,tutor and tm moves redone to fit XG's new mechanics and this takes time. I'm pushing for a release that is stable before trying to do anything too fancy.

Everything in moderation right? A few more would be nice, but not so many that snagging is all you're doing

Yeah exactly. It's just at points in the game it already feels like there is a lot of snagging. Especially on citadark isle by which point it's probably too late to even use any of the pokemon you're snagging.

There's still always the problem of how to decide which pokemon get in over others. For example, there are a lot of really awesome water type pokemon. However, with water types being the most common type, if I put in simply the top 100 pokemon, then it would be overpopulated by water types. So ghost types which are rarer may be preferred over a more popular water type pokemon just to balance the types.