Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

Hey Stars, great to see you're working on xD. I'm currently playing through Mausoleum (what you released anyway). I had a question. There's a Shadow Vulpix in Mausoleum. A ninetales would be great for my team, but how do i evolve it? I thought there were no Fire Stones in Colo?

I believe the vulpix should be holding a fire stone. If not one of the other shadow Pokemon will

From what I've seen there is no shiny texture for the shadow lugia because all shadow pokemon are originally shiny locked. I took out the shiny lock though so I think even the shadow lugia should have a chance of being shiny, just you can't tell until its purified. I think it should still do the shiny animation when it's sent into battle at least.

if a shiny is encounted will it do what shinies do in Colosseum which is if you encounter a shiny shadow pokemon and catch it when its in your own box/party its no longer shiny

if a shiny is encounted will it do what shinies do in Colosseum which is if you encounter a shiny shadow pokemon and catch it when its in your own box/party its no longer shiny

I managed to get around that issue in XG.

xD is originally programmed to keep regenerating a shadow Pokemon until it isn't shiny. However, through some ASM magic I was able to stop the regeneration. This did leas to the same issue as in colosseum where the shinyness would change based on the different trainer IDs. I decided to tweak the shiny calculation function so that it uses one default trainer ID regardless of the Pokemon. This means that shinyness is retained after capture.

In future versions I'd like to always check against the player's trainer ID instead of a default one but that's going to require just a tiny bit more digging around. This solution should be fine until then.

thats good then it will make shiny hunting a bit easier lol, I noticed in a couple of your Colosseum randomizers you encounted the same shadow Pokemon more than once i believe in one of the playthroughs there was 2-3 shadow jirachis will there be any doubles in XG ?.

thats good then it will make shiny hunting a bit easier lol, I noticed in a couple of your Colosseum randomizers you encounted the same shadow Pokemon more than once i believe in one of the playthroughs there was 2-3 shadow jirachis will there be any doubles in XG ?.

I didn't actually look throuh the randomised ones to see the results so I wasn't aware of this but it is just a random coincidence. There will be no doubles in Xg though. There are too few obtainable pokemon so every last one needs to be chosen carefully.

I didn't actually look throuh the randomised ones to see the results so I wasn't aware of this but it is just a random coincidence. There will be no doubles in Xg though. There are too few obtainable pokemon so every last one needs to be chosen carefully.

Fingers crossed for Growlithe/Arcanine

I would be incredibly thankful to be able to play a hack like this. Pokemon xD was one of my long time favourite GC games! Keep up the good work!

Now, if I could have one feature added into this game, it would be to have the animation for sending your pokemon into battle to occur in doubles. Instead of one animation for each pokemon, it would greatly help with the length of time some battles take. I don't know how possible this would be to do, but I thought I would share it anyways. :smile:

I would be incredibly thankful to be able to play a hack like this. Pokemon xD was one of my long time favourite GC games! Keep up the good work!

Now, if I could have one feature added into this game, it would be to have the animation for sending your pokemon into battle to occur in doubles. Instead of one animation for each pokemon, it would greatly help with the length of time some battles take. I don't know how possible this would be to do, but I thought I would share it anyways. :smile:

Thanks for the words of encouragement and it's always nice to hear from other xD fans. That's a really good idea and would definitely be useful. I have no idea how to figure out how to do it but I will definitely look into after the first release ???

• 3 weeks later...
Are you planning to release a beta or are you only going to upload it once it is finished?

Most of it will be done by the first release but I will be changing the battle bingo and battle simulator after the first release. They'll probably be broken until then. I will also aim to update some of the graphics and textures after the first release.

• 2 weeks later...
How's everything looking since the holidays are now over?

The holidays just started here in london actually. Been making some good progress actually. I know a lot of people keep asking how long is left and I really wish I could give a specific day but it's hard to tell. I hope it will be worth the wait though :)

Oh, I see.. over here in the US, they just ended, so I just figured it ended for you guys, too. You'll have to at least give a heads up when you reach about 90% completion or so; lots of people who want to play this game, obviously.

Oh, I see.. over here in the US, they just ended, so I just figured it ended for you guys, too. You'll have to at least give a heads up when you reach about 90% completion or so; lots of people who want to play this game, obviously.

Yeah I can tell; I'm one of those people! hahahaha been waiting for so long too. It really makes me appreciate the effort the Pokemon company goes through to create all this content

• 3 weeks later...