Pokemon XG : NeXt Gen (Pokemon XD : Gale of Darkness hack)

StarsMmd

As someone who has played Pokemon xD over and over again, this makes me SO HYPED. Keep up the great work! <3 <3 <3

Thanks G! I appreciate the encouragement. It's nice that there are still fans out there. I have my fingers crossed that the shadow mewtwo in pokken tournament is alluding to an XD/Colo sequel

Thanks G! I appreciate the encouragement. It's nice that there are still fans out there. I have my fingers crossed that the shadow mewtwo in pokken tournament is alluding to an XD/Colo sequel

You are very welcome! :-D And I agree with you about hoping for a XD/Colo sequel. I love the concept of Shadow Pokemon! I feel that the GameCube Pokemon games are underrated and they deserve way more recognition than they currently have. Everything about the games just feel so great!

You are very welcome! :-D And I agree with you about hoping for a XD/Colo sequel. I love the concept of Shadow Pokemon! I feel that the GameCube Pokemon games are underrated and they deserve way more recognition than they currently have. Everything about the games just feel so great!

I know what you mean. They have a few die hard fans like us but were mostly slept on. Easily my favourite games in the series!

I do have one question. Will this work on the Wii like it would my regular copy of the game that I have? Like, can I use homebrew to launch it, or is it going to be emulator only?

Yes it does! I've been able to run it on my wii u in vWii mode. it's very convenient ??

I have another question. You said that there will be new moves. How will they work as far as visuals go? Like, will there be new looking move animations, etc.?

I just reused the animations which are already in the game. I spent a lot of time shuffling them around to match up nicely. There are a few repeats but most of them are unique. For example, grass knot had the animation of vine whip, while vine whip has been removed since the pokemon you encounter won't ever need it in their movesets.

• 4 weeks later...
hey dude happy new year hope you had a good christmas, hows the rom hack going ?

Thanks :) Happy new year to you too! tbh it's slowed down a bit but it's still in progress. There isn't too much work left, just haven't been able to dedicate much time to just sit down and work on it. Shouldn't be too much longer though. The support is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually playing your Colosseum randomizer, you're the best, keep up the great work ! I don't have questions in particular, just here to say that you're doing well ! :)

Didn't see anyone doing hard things on these games.

I appreciate the kind words. Thanks ! Hope you enjoy the randomiser ???✌?️

Actually playing your Colosseum randomizer, you're the best, keep up the great work ! I don't have questions in particular, just here to say that you're doing well ! :)

Didn't see anyone doing hard things on these games.

I'm enjoying it for sure, the only problem is that even the moves are randomized (and we cannot change that), causing some problems in battle, with the Randomizer C for example, where the start is very hard. Tell me if i'm wrong and we can disable moves randomizing ?

Also, where is the progress with Pokemon xD ?* It is almost finished ?

*I'm french, maybe a mistake in the sentence.

I'm enjoying it for sure, the only problem is that even the moves are randomized (and we cannot change that), causing some problems in battle, with the Randomizer C for example, where the start is very hard. Tell me if i'm wrong and we can disable moves randomizing ?

Also, where is the progress with Pokemon xD ?* It is almost finished ?

*I'm french, maybe a mistake in the sentence.

Yeah, someone else requested a version without the moves randomised a while ago. Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/25c5nxlokqa21x8/Randomised+Pokemon.zip :)

The xD hack will still take a little bit of time. It's actually quite a lot of work but it's still on the way

I said i'm French because I think the "where is the progress with Pokemon XD" can be misunderstood, it can be mingled with sentence like "I don't see any progress on Pokemon xD, you s***"^^, (even though I said nice things up but anyway) and thanks for the randomizer ! I hope there will be one on xD too ( from you ;) )

Don't worry, it came across fine ?. I could modify the randomiser for xD but haven't started working on that yet. Maybe sometime soon .

I said i'm French because I think the "where is the progress with Pokemon XD" can be misunderstood, it can be mingled with sentence like "I don't see any progress on Pokemon xD, you s***"^^, (even though I said nice things up but anyway) and thanks for the randomizer ! I hope there will be one on xD too ( from you ;) )

• 4 weeks later...
Still slaving away at it in my free time. I have the week of uni this week so hope to put a large dent in it. There are just a lot of trainers to edit really. So it's just time consuming rather than difficult.

yeah i bet i remember playing it so many consecutive battles especially towards the end where they cram in a lot of shadow pokemon, is it possible to give trainers a shadow who wouldn't normally have a shadow and minus one of someone who had like 2 or more ?

yeah i bet i remember playing it so many consecutive battles especially towards the end where they cram in a lot of shadow pokemon, is it possible to give trainers a shadow who wouldn't normally have a shadow and minus one of someone who had like 2 or more ?

Yeah it is possible but I haven't tested it yet so I'm not sure if there are any side effects of doing that. Will probably start testing after the first version release

Yeah it is possible but I haven't tested it yet so I'm not sure if there are any side effects of doing that. Will probably start testing after the first version release

cool would be nice to have a nice flow of shadows instead of a bunch in one battle, what are the new odds of finding a shiny as i love shiny hunting in Pokemon games.

nice is shadow lugia shiny locked ? also can you tell if the Pokemon is shiny when its in its shadow form ?

From what I've seen there is no shiny texture for the shadow lugia because all shadow pokemon are originally shiny locked. I took out the shiny lock though so I think even the shadow lugia should have a chance of being shiny, just you can't tell until its purified. I think it should still do the shiny animation when it's sent into battle at least.

Hey Stars, great to see you're working on xD. I'm currently playing through Mausoleum (what you released anyway). I had a question. There's a Shadow Vulpix in Mausoleum. A ninetales would be great for my team, but how do i evolve it? I thought there were no Fire Stones in Colo?