PkmGCSaveEditor, a Pokémon Colosseum/XD save editor

Tux

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I was just playing around with editing using this program and I found that the Contest Stats can't be changed from 0 and any pokemon imported with contest stats would have them erased to 0 as well. Also I found that at least in Pokemon xD the pokemon aren't marked with the fateful encounter flag even though a pokemon that's traded from xD would have that flag marked on them when traded (but not exported through the program) to the gba games (so Idk if that's just something that's added by the game when the pokemon are traded or if it's an error of the program).

Has anyone managed to save .gci files with xD? Whenever I try to save anything related to xD, the program just instantly crashes and corrupts the file, works just fine with Colosseum though, but nothing with xD.

I had that error as well with my xD gci ripped from my physical gamecube memory card using GCMM, but then I imported my gci save to dolphin, loaded the game on there and saved, and then I exported the gci file from the memory card manager and the gci worked fine and saved with this program after that.

• 1 month later...

Hey! I really love this editor, it's very useful. However, is it possible to remove the ability lock when editing Pokemon to give them abilities they cannot normally have?

I guess the same thing for stats too.

Thanks for your work on this, this has been useful for stuff like Orre Colosseum!

Hey! I really love this editor, it's very useful. However, is it possible to remove the ability lock when editing Pokemon to give them abilities they cannot normally have?

I guess the same thing for stats too.

Thanks for your work on this, this has been useful for stuff like Orre Colosseum!

You cannot change the abilities of Pokemon past the 1-2 possible abilities they can have. That's programmed into the game.

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to get this working, though I have no clue if I'm using it correctly.

I have a save game(made from Dolphin's Save State function), but whenever I use the "Convert to CGI" tool from the MemoryCardManager, it says "Imported file has sav extension but does not have a correct header".

So instead, I used "Export CGI" function, it made a file called "01-GXXE-PokemonXD.gci.

I loaded it into the SaveEditor, then I get the prompt "The second backup save slot was loaded because the other ones are corrupt" and then "All save slots are corrupt."

Using Dolphin v5.0

Any idea how to get it to work?

I can't seem to get this working, though I have no clue if I'm using it correctly.

I have a save game(made from Dolphin's Save State function), but whenever I use the "Convert to CGI" tool from the MemoryCardManager, it says "Imported file has sav extension but does not have a correct header".

So instead, I used "Export CGI" function, it made a file called "01-GXXE-PokemonXD.gci.

I loaded it into the SaveEditor, then I get the prompt "The second backup save slot was loaded because the other ones are corrupt" and then "All save slots are corrupt."

Using Dolphin v5.0

Any idea how to get it to work?

Turns out I didn't save my file before I exported it. Please ignore me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this up but I have an issue regarding XD. Whenever I try to edit my save file on the program  it opens up the save file and I can edit. Whenever I try to save my changes the program immediately crashes and messes up the save. The save now can no longer be used and it leaves me wondering what went wrong. I have no issues with Colosseum only XD. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 31/8/2015 at 3:28 PM, Tux said:

PkmGCSaveEditor

PkmGCSaveEditor is a cross-platform, open source (GPLv3) Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon :XD: save file editor. It comes with its backend library, LibPkmGC (LPGLv3) (not documented yet).

Links:

October 18th: Version 1.2.2. -Pok%C3%A9mon'>A guide on how to make legal Colosseum/XD Pokémon

October 10th: Version 1.2.1.

October 3rd: Version 1.2.0. Please redownload the required libraries. Note: by default, PkmGCSaveEditor now checks for updates at startup. If it's causing you crashes (netio.sys) (Windows 10, you know ...), then turn off your network card, start the program again, and uncheck "Check for updates at startup" in "Options".

September 27th: Version 1.1.2 Fixed a bug affecting Pokémon :XD:

September 19th: Version 1.1.1. Money and Pokécoupons are now limited to 9,999,999. Bag items are limited to 99 again in Pokémon Colosseum (use the PC storage system to fix bag entries with more than 99 items). Users of previous versions, please read:

Reveal hidden contents

• If and only if you have modified a Colosseum save file with that previous version, please load this save file again, and click "Bugs affecting Pokémon..."(in "Options", "Bug fixes"). Do it only once and only once (for each concerned save file).
  • If you have imported or exported a Pokémon in the GBA format, please check its status alteration, its EVs, and its game of origin.

September 13th, 2015: Version 1.1

September 2nd, 2015: BUGFIX: missing dlls on windows.

Current features:

• You can edit all of your Pokémon. You can import/export Colosseum, :XD: and GBA Pokémon files and Base64 strings. Conversion between these formats is fully supported and is almost done like the game does in a trade. Please notice that A-Save discards all party-related information (e.g status alteration). The devil is in the detail.... You cannot edit the information specific to Shadow Pokémon, though.
  • You can edit your game configuration. In particular, you can change your save language.
  • You can edit your trainer info (name, IDs, gender (!), money and Pokécoupons), your bag and your Party.
  • You can edit your PC (both Pokémon and items).
  • You can edit your Daycare.
  • You can edit your Strategy Memo.
  • On :XD:, you can edit your Purifier.

Additional features *partially* supported by the backend library only:

Editing your Mailbox and your Battle Mode data.

Supported languages:

Special thanks to:

peterpansexuell (German translation), Yago (for testing), Ralf (for his "offset tables"), StarsMMD, Tiddlywinks.

Tips: The most recent versions of Dolphin (e.g. 5.0-rc) can directly read and write to GCI files, making testing your changes much easier.

You can dump/restore your physical memory card contents using Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition.

HELP¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡image.thumb.png.55c7978a124c5d7a76d1fce141516c60.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi I don't have a computer but I have this save file here all I want is it's name changed to Josh if I had a computer I would do this myself but I'm asking for help here if this isn't allowed I give full permission for this to be deleted email me at Jdude50kdx@gmail.com if anyone can help me.

pokemon-xd-gale-of-darkness.9482.gci

Edited by AyooJoshuaa98