Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon And PMD:GTI Research And Utilities

Well, I installed the BootNTR.cia with NASA... so, what do I do next?

Do you have ntr.bin in the root and the RAM Explorer plugin in the proper folder? If you do, just launch BootNTR, then launch the game and press X and Y together.

Why are you using NASA, by the way?

Edited by Celeste

Are you using the most recent version of FBI? Which CFW are you using? And can you run BootNTR now?

2.4.2 of FBI, I don't know how to install a CFW for the life of me, and no. If it helps any, I'm trying to install the BootNTR.cia from the Homebrew Menu via OOTHax.

2.4.2 of FBI, I don't know how to install a CFW for the life of me, and no. If it helps any, I'm trying to install the BootNTR.cia from the Homebrew Menu via OOTHax.

Well, that's what I expected. It's not hard to install, just look for a guide.

If you need help, I guess it would be better if we used private messages, since this is a little off topic and I don't think anyone would find it useful.

• 2 months later...
Guest TyVogue64

Welp, I know this is a bit of a bump, but I've managed to port both the Player and Partner modifier codes to the European version of the game, and I've been doing some testing with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13868[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13869[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13870[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13871[/ATTACH]

So, Void Shadows works with absolutely no problems, even though it has no type. The Move Relearner works no problem, even letting you learn their exclusive moves. The "end of day" cutscenes also work. It uses the proper running animation in towns. Even Dark Matter works, however, you won't be able to move outside of towns. Another problem with these two is that they keep the Ability of the Pokémon they were beforehand.

All "real" Pokémon work fine though, including big ones like Dialga. Mega evos too. As seen with Castform above, if any "emotion" portraits exist, they will be used, but if they do not, the game will display a box with a blank blue background instead. Their type and ability should adjust upon leaving the dungeon. The correct moves can be relearnt with Hawlucha.

WARNING: ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SAVE WHEN MESSING WITH CODES. Keep in mind that I have not fully played through the game, I used someone else's save to test. Apparently, there's a point in the game where you and your partner evolve temperariy. I do not know what happens there with a non-legit starter, especially with one that has no evolutions, as I haven't tested it. Also note that this is for the European version of the game.

The Code: 10A17C2C 00000XXX

XXX = The PKMN's ID

Pokémon ID no.s can be found here: http://psmd.skyeditor.org/Pokemon

Usage: Use NTR Client or the plugin below. Apparently the latest version of Citra has Gateshark cheat support so it should work with that too. If using the plugin, put it in SD:/ plugin/ 0004000000174400. Launch BootNTR and press START + SELECT to bring up the cheat menu. Make sure your starter is no. 1 in the team and your partner is no. 2, then go to a dungeon, enable the code, and use a staircase. It should work. Remember to then turn the code off. Enjoy.

Credits to storm75x over on Fort 42 for the American version of the codes.

Plugin download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1-sBoZAiZiGSXZIRUVVRUQxVFk?usp=sharing

Let me know if you want me to make an American version of plugin, it could be easily done.

Edited by TyVogue64
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently in the process of datamining Gates to Infinity. However, I've come across a file type called .img, which displays 2D images, such as text, textboxes and main menu artwork. Since I have no knowledge of programming, I can't create a program to convert the file type. But I have read up on Megadrifter's post on how the file format operates, unfortunately I'd need programming knowledge if I was to create a program to convert it.

1 hour ago, Platinum Lucario said:

I am currently in the process of datamining Gates to Infinity. However, I've come across a file type called .img, which displays 2D images, such as text, textboxes and main menu artwork. Since I have no knowledge of programming, I can't create a program to convert the file type. But I have read up on Megadrifter's post on how the file format operates, unfortunately I'd need programming knowledge if I was to create a program to convert it.

Sky Editor can open most img files.  Download it, and just use File > Open > Open (Auto-Detect Game).  (Note that everything besides .img conversion is semi-stable at best, and a newer version is in the works, but will take a while.)

On 12/7/2016 at 8:51 PM, Platinum Lucario said:

you can see this old source code for cte image format (*.img) or use my unFARC tool for extracting cte image from FARC file. For additional information for pixel format supported by cte file format (*.img)  :

1 - direct RGBA8
2 - RGB8
3 - RGBA8
4 - ETC1
5 - ETC1A4
6 - RGB565
7 - Direct LA4
8 - LA4
9 - RGBA4
10 - RGBA5551 

bclim/bflim/cte tool already supported all of discovered pixel format used by SMD 3DS game, but some of them are not supported by my unFARC tool. so far i know unFARC tool can convert most img file on Gate of infinity or Super.

Hello guys, firstly, sorry about my poor English.

Recently, thanks to Andibad's research on PSMD font and evandixon's Sky Editor, I'm trying to translate PSMD into Korean.

But It seems that Sky Editor cannot Hangul (Korean Alphabet)

5.png?type=w2

Is there a way to place Hangul properly on Sky Editor?

And, more importantly, is there a way to modify *.img type font file?

It seems that there are some tools to unpack cte images, but I can't find any tool to repack cte images.

Since I can't modify cte images, I can't put Hangul on font files.

3 hours ago, Bogo Dragon said:

But It seems that Sky Editor cannot Hangul (Korean Alphabet)

5.png?type=w2

When Sky Editor reads characters in those strings, it puts the characters in \0000 form if the most significant bit is 1 (if the character is \8000 or greater).  That's probably not the safest assumption for me to make, but it only affects the display.  I do that because there's certain control characters in that range that have special meaning, not all of them are currently known or documented.

3 hours ago, Bogo Dragon said:

And, more importantly, is there a way to modify *.img type font file?

It seems that there are some tools to unpack cte images, but I can't find any tool to repack cte images.

Since I can't modify cte images, I can't put Hangul on font files.

Sky Editor currently can't edit the font images.  @Andibad's code might be able to do a better job of it, but there's still the *.dic files which are AFAIK unknown.

IIRC Japanese, North American, and European ROMs all have different font sets, the main executable directly references, so it may not be as easy as modifying those files.

• 1 month later...

Y'know, at very high levels, using a Void Shadow effectively curb-stomps most of the game given its stats and because of the Boss Pokemon thing. Drain heals most of the damage done, and Peripheral Attack attacks enemies in a circle. The one thing I forgot to mention, however, is that Void Shadows have this tendency to spawn more Void Shadows when hit.

Edited by SirLoin4
  • Like 1

On 29/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, SirLoin4 said:

And out of curiosity, I am using the RAM Explorer... so, in which PID would I look for the attack modification addresses, e.g. 0894C5E8?

Do you mean the process ID? In my experience the one of the currently running game is always the second to last one in the list.

• 2 months later...

Alrighty, I've done some research into the SIR0 format on common.bin and 54.sir0, and I've noticed that the text in files, as well as it's scripts, are displayed in the right order when viewed from a Hex Editor, but when viewing from Sky Editor (a program that hasn't had any changes to it's code in over a year now), it displays any text entries in an incorrect order. Normally, it should also have the number of each entry from the start of the file, to the end of the file. But this is not the case with Sky Editor, it doesn't have a number column for each entry.

And I've noticed an oddity, some of the IDs in the list are displayed with a negative value. Are they meant to display a negative value? If so, then the ID might not be the problem.

Either way, text editing in both GTI and SMD are out of order, and something needs to be fixed with ROMEditor.FileFormats.MessageBin. If you'd like, I could dig into Sky Editor's code and see what seems to be wrong with the ROMEditor.FileFormats.MessageBin variable.

Edited by Platinum Lucario

2 minutes ago, Platinum Lucario said:

Alrighty, I've done some research into the SIR0 format on common.bin and 54.sir0, and I've noticed that the text in files, as well as it's scripts, are displayed in the right order when viewed from a Hex Editor, but when viewing from Sky Editor (a program that hasn't had any changes to it's code in over a year now), it displays any text entries in an incorrect order. Normally, it should also have the number of each entry from the start of the file, to the end of the file. But this is not the case with Sky Editor, it doesn't have a number column for each entry.

And I've noticed an oddity, some of the IDs in the list are displayed with a negative value. Are they meant to display a negative value? If so, then the ID might not be the problem.

Either way, text editing in both GTI and SMD are out of order, and something needs to be fixed with ROMEditor.FileFormats.MessageBin. If you'd like, I could dig into Sky Editor's code and see what seems to be wrong with the ROMEditor.FileFormats.MessageBin variable.

IIRC, Sky Editor sorts strings by the string ID, rather than preserving the order in the file. When editing a message.bin file alongside a script, I usually just press the "Script Sort" button, which looks at all the string references in the script and sorts the strings by order of reference (meaning dialogue is displayed in the order it's presented in the story).

A string ID is a 32 bit integer, which Sky Editor displays as signed because unluac, the best Lua decompiler I've seen, displays them as signed numbers, so it's easier to look them up.  I personally would prefer it to use unsigned, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by some entries not having a number column, I mean, I don't remember seeing anything like that.  Are you sure you're using the latest version?  And here's the repo in case you're looking at the old one.

17 minutes ago, evandixon said:

IIRC, Sky Editor sorts strings by the string ID, rather than preserving the order in the file. When editing a message.bin file alongside a script, I usually just press the "Script Sort" button, which looks at all the string references in the script and sorts the strings by order of reference (meaning dialogue is displayed in the order it's presented in the story).

A string ID is a 32 bit integer, which Sky Editor displays as signed because unluac, the best Lua decompiler I've seen, displays them as signed numbers, so it's easier to look them up.  I personally would prefer it to use unsigned, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by some entries not having a number column, I mean, I don't remember seeing anything like that.  Are you sure you're using the latest version?  And here's the repo in case you're looking at the old one.

Ah, thank you. I'm now using the latest version, and it seems to me that I can't seem to see anything where I can sort it into the order of the file displaying from top to bottom. Usually having something like that usually makes it more easier for me to look through the files and see which ones are in the Adventure Hints category and so fourth.

And what I meant by having a number column, was actually to do with how the file is read from top to bottom, so it can be used alongside ID and Entry columns as well.

5 minutes ago, Platinum Lucario said:

Ah, thank you. I'm now using the latest version, and it seems to me that I can't seem to see anything where I can sort it into the order of the file displaying from top to bottom. Usually having something like that usually makes it more easier for me to look through the files and see which ones are in the Adventure Hints category and so fourth.

And what I meant by having a number column, was actually to do with how the file is read from top to bottom, so it can be used alongside ID and Entry columns as well.

I'll see what I can do. It might be a while, what with IRL work to do and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. (Although MD editing is far more interesting than IRL work, so there's really no telling when I'll find time for it.)

5 minutes ago, evandixon said:

I'll see what I can do. It might be a while, what with IRL work to do and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. (Although MD editing is far more interesting than IRL work, so there's really no telling when I'll find time for it.)

I can understand that. I too have been playing so much of BotW as well. And I've also noticed that CTE/IMG functionality is broken in GTI. Using SkyEditor.ROMEditor.MysteryDungeon.PSMD.CteImage variable results in the no available UI message. While it kinda worked in legacy builds (with some images loaded incorrectly), I may need to do some research into the CTE image format. While it may display incorrectly, there's a chance that it may be in some compressed format, or it may rely on the game's engine to move the pixels around.

6 minutes ago, Platinum Lucario said:

I can understand that. I too have been playing so much of BotW as well. And I've also noticed that CTE/IMG functionality is broken in GTI. Using SkyEditor.ROMEditor.MysteryDungeon.PSMD.CteImage variable results in the no available UI message. While it kinda worked in legacy builds (with some images loaded incorrectly), I may need to do some research into the CTE image format. While it may display incorrectly, there's a chance that it may be in some compressed format, or it may rely on the game's engine to move the pixels around.

There used to be a view for it (not sure why it's not displaying now), although you can use the Image -> Import/Export menu items to convert to and from PNG. I just tested it with the world map.

Spoiler

RQWYRWZ.jpg

36 minutes ago, evandixon said:

There used to be a view for it (not sure why it's not displaying now), although you can use the Image -> Import/Export menu items to convert to and from PNG. I just tested it with the world map.

Reveal hidden contents

RQWYRWZ.jpg

Yep, exporting and importing still works.

Spoiler

FOT-_Pop_Happiness_Std-_EB_18_win.jpg

But there's also some images that are not rendered correctly in Sky Editor. I'm pretty sure it is their native image format. But just the game's engine renders it differently.

Edited by Platinum Lucario

4 minutes ago, Platinum Lucario said:

Yep, exporting and importing still works.

Reveal hidden contents

But there's also some images that are not rendered correctly in Sky Editor. I'm pretty sure it is their native image format. But just the game's engine renders it differently.

There's different pixel formats for CTE images. Sky Editor only supports RGB right now, but it looks like @Andibad's unFARC supports others.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Admin can u please create a save file for Pokemon super mystery Dungeon ... because it crash when rayquaza and deoxys face each other 

Main Pokemon: Riolu -name: Jungkyu

Partner: Fennekin -name: Hyacinth

Please Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 8:39 PM, frostlass said:

Hello Admin can u please create a save file for Pokemon super mystery Dungeon ... because it crash when rayquaza and deoxys face each other 

Main Pokemon: Riolu -name: Jungkyu

Partner: Fennekin -name: Hyacinth

Please Thank You

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you using a physical or digital version on your 3DS? Or are you emulating?