i would like to look at the pokemon game files and look at them in a game environment.

wbuilder

i want look at the source files for Pokemon (game logic, models maps ect.) in unity or maya, blender or some other 3d program and sort of see how it all fits together, that sort of thing any way. now i looked through the sd card and it became very apparent that i need a card reader or action replay device but is there any way to skip all the hacking and cheat codes to look at the actual game files?

You might be interested in ROM hacking. Try having a look around there for some useful tools that work with the game. Now remember, the game does not contain direct source. We have to unbuild things in order for them to be observed first.

You might be interested in ROM hacking. Try having a look around there for some useful tools that work with the game. Now remember, the game does not contain direct source. We have to unbuild things in order for them to be observed first.

oh, ok thanks, just to be clear i need action replay to plug the game into my computer correct?