If Gen 5's Pokemon have a theme..

RenegadeShroom

I'm actually interested in an assortment of new ghost types. There aren't too many different ghost type out there. I wanna see some Water Ghosts, Grass Ghosts, Fire Ghosts, and my all time favorite, Steel Ghosts.

That being said, my guess is that it's going to be based around mythical cats. Kinda lika egyptian stuff.

I'm actually interested in an assortment of new ghost types. There aren't too many different ghost type out there. I wanna see some Water Ghosts, Grass Ghosts, Fire Ghosts, and my all time favorite, Steel Ghosts.

That being said, my guess is that it's going to be based around mythical cats. Kinda lika egyptian stuff.

Both of those would actually be really awesome. I could imagine a Steel/Ghost being a suit of armour that levitates. :D

Also, your avatar is really distracting when trying to type. xD

Both of those would actually be really awesome. I could imagine a Steel/Ghost being a suit of armour that levitates. :D

Also, your avatar is really distracting when trying to type. xD

I know, isn't it great? At any rate, I was thinking like this one custom pokemon I saw called Scrapnol. It's like the ghostly pokemon made entierly out of junk parts and it communicates kinda through an oldschool radio. It collects discarded parts as part of its body.

There really is no rule about necroposting here when I looked at the rules... and I find that whole necroposting rule to be pointless anyhow. Besides, these forums are relatively new, so I don't even think that rule is necessary at the moment.

Okay, anyways, as I have stated in that other topic, I'd like the theme to be, well, ECCENTRIC... you know, strange type pair ups, strange Pokemon (maybe stuff resembling musical instruments >:P) and some other uncanny stuff... like a Wonderland-esque world map. It'd be pretty cool.

What about ECCENTRIC?

- Weird Pokemon combos, such as Fire/Grass, Fighting/Flying, etc...

- Weird Pokemon evolutions... hey, that Remora evolved into an Octopus, so what new plans will those monkeys from Gamefreak roll out with next?

- Towns with weird features, like teleporter lamp posts or something...

- Weird Pokemon abilities

- Weird Pokemon species (maybe something based off musical instruments... AHHH! I DEFINITELY want those! I am a MUSIC FREAK)

- World map going around in a circle or something...

- Main characters with weird costumes (actually I'd freak out if that happened)

- The Professor is a hippie (um, no, scratch that, that would be so messed up)

- New moves that do weird stuff... we have Trick Room... maybe something else like attack/defense correlation inverses or something (as in low attack does more damage to higher defense Pokes)...

This is DEFINITELY going to be an Alice in Wonderland spinoff

- New moves that do weird stuff... we have Trick Room... maybe something else like attack/defense correlation inverses or something (as in low attack does more damage to higher defense Pokes)...

I'd love that. The 'Ice Pick' or 'Occult Impact' effect as I'm inclined to refer to it as... it'd be an excellent wall-breaker if given to the right Pokémon.

As far as the style of the next generation goes, yeah, I'm hoping to see some new type combinations. I'm also hoping that the legends aren't 90% psychic type. =| Beyond that, I hope they put a little more effort into making designs that don't seem like they have down syndrome (come on, Bidoof? Shellos? REALLY?).

I would like better typing and pokemon based of the true elemental look

even a grass/ghost would work... a evil looking plant with a will-o-wisp surrounding it

ability wispy wonder (Can not be burned) due to the fact that the will-o-Wisp surrounding it protects it

More dark types

Psychic/Dark

A evil magician looking humanshape poke

Ability Psycho Mantis( Occasionally attacks that are super effective miss)

Some Moves Like

Incantation (Ghost move) Randomly lowers one stat and 2-16 pp from a move from the opponent

Flutes' Melody Confuses the foe and has a 20% chance of sleep being induced

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I like to think that I want there to be a ton more Fire types next time, but I'd be lying to myself, even though Fire is my favourite type. I like to delude myself that the Fire type is too good to have a boatload of them hanging around.

I changed my mind, ( most of my preference changes come with what I have the urge to draw every month or two :P ) I'd like to see more Sci-Fi oriented theme. Blame Battlestar Galactica's awesome weapons and ships. >_>

How are Pokemon suppose to be Sci-Fi oriented? Porygon-Z looks Sci-Fi...ish though Pokemon utilize their body, and abilities. So you won't be seeing stuff like the Squirtle Squad on ships, or Ditto transforming into a weapon, and Machamp utilizing it.

I mean Pokemon that are spaceships or something. The Pokemon's theme, not the game's theme. :D

More Dark Types and More Ghost types!

Some of the ideas you guys have are awesome, though I don't really care for stupidly weird Pokémon like Nosepass, i prefer more badass looking Pokémon.

QFT! (The bottom part)

I have a really cool image of a spaceship Pokemon in my head, but it would take too long to explain here...

And I probably shouldn't spam in my own thread...

• 1 month later...

I think that some insane type combos like some people are saying. I really want a poison/fire type. I was thinking like a fire stone evolution of grimer, where it would be a burning muk-like thing.

And maybe a multi-region region, with a better safari zone. I HATE the sinnoh safari zone. Maybe like an airline between hoenn and the new region?

And better in game events. No weird bowl-heads trying to destroy the world.

Another cool pokemon would be some type evos of diglett? Like a volcano or a geyser?

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see them add more to the types that don't get too much attention, new type combos, as well as make sure that they base the new PKMN off animals that they haven't used either. A swordfish PKMN would be awesome for one, and I love the ghost armor PKMN idea.

I'm concerned that the designs won't be too good. I didn't like 90 percent of the 3rd gen PKMN myself, the 4th gen had more likable PKMN but not enough new ones, just add ons to already present PKMN, i.e. Togekiss, Yanmega, etc. While these are two of my favorite PKMN I hope to see a bigger list of original ones.

I'd like an African theme myself, with a little bit of Australia in there. A Lion, or Zebra would be really cool. A Kangaroo PKMN, he'd know Bounce, come on that'd be awesome.