[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

The Toys'R'Us Mew thread gave me an idea.

We know exactly how 420 Mews look like, we know their PID/IV, we know their method of generation along with the seeds used to generate each batch.

Could those be implemented into the program? Say, you would tick the box for MYSTRY Mew, and it would randomly generate one of the 420 Mews and add it to your party. If party is full, return an error, of course :P

And heck, people have studied the Colosseum bonus disks too. Do we know how their method of generation for Celebi and Jirachi works? If we were able to generate ones identical to what the bonus disks give, and add them to your party, then the program would allow people to easily get legal event Mews, Celebis and Jirachis, along with Deoxys via the Aurora ticket, and Lugia/Ho-Oh through Mysticticket (although those are available from Colo/XD already so they aren't completely event-exclusive.)

Of course it would be much easier to just have a bunch of Gen. III pkm files and get people to manually add one of them to their save file with A-Save, but you gotta admit, that would be really cool. It would feel more like an actual event, getting it generated to your game and not knowing what stats and nature you'll end up with. :3

We know about the 420 mews because seeds are secuential, but unlike those, jirachi/celebi might have some kind of limiters we don't know off, arising the possibility of generating pkm files that wouldn't be generated in real hardware. I don't know to which extend jirachi/celebi generation algorythms have been studied for this, and channel jirachi is different (maybe even actually has the shiny restriction).

It'd be easier to generate them with a program, but the fact that both celebi and jirachi (either bonus or channel) can be emulated trough dolphin, I'd rather emulate the real distribution than use a program to generate them.

Same about the mews: if you want a random one, get a randomizer, select range 1-420 and pick the mew you get from the randomizer. BTW I want to generate the 420 mews for 3rd gen, but I don't know how that'll come out. I hope .pkm from a-save is unencrypted, I still haven't had time to check and I don't know anything about pkm format encryption.

About events: we should be sending the missing carts this week, with lots of luck we might get the missing events next friday.

We know about the 420 mews because seeds are secuential, but unlike those, jirachi/celebi might have some kind of limiters we don't know off, arising the possibility of generating pkm files that wouldn't be generated in real hardware. I don't know to which extend jirachi/celebi generation algorythms have been studied for this, and channel jirachi is different (maybe even actually has the shiny restriction).

It'd be easier to generate them with a program, but the fact that both celebi and jirachi (either bonus or channel) can be emulated trough dolphin, I'd rather emulate the real distribution than use a program to generate them.

Same about the mews: if you want a random one, get a randomizer, select range 1-420 and pick the mew you get from the randomizer. BTW I want to generate the 420 mews for 3rd gen, but I don't know how that'll come out. I hope .pkm from a-save is unencrypted, I still haven't had time to check and I don't know anything about pkm format encryption.

About events: we should be sending the missing carts this week, with lots of luck we might get the missing events next friday.

discussion regarding Shiny WISHMAKR Jirachi is here, which later spinned off to Ageto : https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13862-Shiny-Jirachi-from-WISHMKR

I said that because I know there's people who have studied the bonus disks a lot, so they may be able to help with knowing how to generate them.

Otherwise, for Celebi and Jirachi, we could probably have a bunch, say, 100 different PID/IVs hardcoded into the program in a list, and it could randomly pick from one of those and make a Celebi/Jirachi out of it, rather than having to get all the info about the generation algorithms from the disks to re-create it.

I know that we can just emulate the distributions, but that involves pirating the bonus disks which not everyone may want to do, so I think a legal alternative could be a good idea.

(That and the Celebi one requires a completed Japanese Colosseum save file. :P)

I mean yeah, best case scenario would be to completely re-create the generation in a program so that the bonus disks aren't needed anymore, but I can see how that could be a lot of work, so we can probably get a couple dozen Celebis and Jirachis directly from the disks, and have the program randomly choose one of them to add to the save file rather than actually doing all the PID/IV generation again.

100 might be a bit much, maybe 25 would be good too, just enough to have one for every nature.

It would mean that everyone using this program to get the events would all get identical clones, but as far as I'm concerned, the point is mainly to have easy access to events, and that would be more than enough in my eyes.

(We could also have just one Celebi and one Jirachi hardcoded into the program for injection, but I think having the option of any nature would be good.)

Probably wouldn't really need to make it random, we could have a dropdown list that lets you pick a nature, and you would get that one. That'd be easier.

You don't have to add this to the program, but it's a suggestion.

That being said... I guess the only point in having this functionality added to the program would be if it could actually generate the Mews/Celebis/Jirachis the same way the actual event does. Otherwise we might as well just make a .zip archive containing a bunch of Gen. III .pkm files for people to add to their saves with A-Save.

We have the 111 Ageto Celebi from Nigoli in Gen. III .pkm format in an archive here, and we have 420 MYSTRY Mews in Gen. IV .pkm format

Anyone willing to convert all the Mews to Gen. III, or would it be easier to generate them all from scratch using the seeds?

Someone with the Jirachi bonus disk would have to get a bunch of Jirachis and dump them to Gen. III .pkm files, then we could make an archive to contain the 420 Mews, the 111 Celebis, and then [however many Jirachis we decide to get] and have it up for download so that people can just add them to their save file with A-Save.

Back to topic please!

This week the catridges will be sent to Real.96 just as suloku said.

Hopefully the bought cartridges will arrive soon as well...

Current and final(?) list of participants:

Eon Ticket Bag_Eon_Ticket_Sprite.png

(Ruby & Sapphire)

English: Bough by Real.96. (together with the theSLAYER and me)

French: Bought by Real.96. (together with me)

German: Me.

Spanish: suloku.

Aurora Ticket Bag_AuroraTicket_Sprite.png

(Emerald only!)

French: Bought by Real.96.

German: Me.

Spanish: suloku.

Quick question, do we need Japanese e reader cards?

Someone is selling them in my country.

I've been watching a Buy It Now from a seller in Malaysia for months now. They have the entire set (not counting promos).

But regarding buying them for the tool, no need. Most of them have been dumped. Only ones missing are a couple of stray promos and Store-Only cards.

Spanish Ruby and Emerald already sent. Should arrive on Monday (let's hope it's true).

With luck we might get FR, GER, SP and english eon ticket in about 2 weeks? Then we'd be missing only the USA Mystyc Tickets (which at this point I'd be glad with either just emerald or FRLG).

Cross your fingers everyone!

EDIT: and also emerald aurora tickets :P

Spanish Ruby and Emerald already sent. Should arrive on Monday (let's hope it's true).

With luck we might get FR, GER, SP and english eon ticket in about 2 weeks? Then we'd be missing only the USA Mystyc Tickets (which at this point I'd be glad with either just emerald or FRLG).

Cross your fingers everyone!

I'll get the events as soon as your carts arrive!

Then we'd be missing only the USA Mystyc Tickets (which at this point I'd be glad with either just emerald or FRLG). Cross your fingers everyone!

*light bulb* If we manage to get a legit English Mystic Ticket, wouldn't it be possible to convert or re-create it for the other game? I assume the trash bytes would be identical no matter what game it was downloaded on, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thx for pointing this out again suloku.

Also I have to add that the pointers wouldn't be identical to the real event and they can't be predicted in any kind of way.

+ The Trash Bytes would be different as well and that's an even more complicated story. There's no way that we could recreate this...

So the best way would be to get both Versions of the Event. (FRLG & Emerald)

But just like suloku I would be happy even if we just get 1 of the US Mystic Tickets, since they seem to be so rare.

By the way...

Speaking of rare 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Events, I would like to give an short update. (Since I haven't talked about it in public yet...)

I recently received the PokéPark Egg Presents (Emerald) save file and it was a hack that came right from Takasan's Tool or his PAR Codes.

I don't know where this cartridge came from but it could be that there are people who try to make money with this, which is really a shame.

Thx for pointing this out again suloku.

Also I have to add that the pointers wouldn't be identical to the real event and they can't be predicted in any kind of way.

+ The Trash Bytes would be different as well and that's an even more complicated story. There's no way that we could recreate this...

So the best way would be to get both Versions of the Event. (FRLG & Emerald)

But just like suloku I would be happy even if we just get 1 of the US Mystic Tickets, since they seem to be so rare.

That figures. Hopefully somebody can come through with getting the actual wonder card.

By the way...

Speaking of rare 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Events, I would like to give an short update. (Since I haven't talked about it in public yet...)

I recently received the PokéPark Egg Presents (Emerald) save file and it was a hack that came right from Takasan's Tool or his PAR Codes.

I don't know where this cartridge came from but it could be that there are people who try to make money with this, which is really a shame.

To be honest, I'm not surprised.

Invader TAK said:
They probably copied their save to an English R/S, scanned in the Eon Ticket, Trainer or Berry then copied the save back to the Spanish R/S.

I've been considering doing that with some of my games sometime. Just to have a collection of foreign Latios/Latias.

Edited by HaxAras

Hi guys, you might already know about this but I just wanted to tell you about a glitch that may cause some problems. Let's suppose you have a R/S/E cartridge with a working battery, and you decide to upload your save to a PC, then play it on VBA with the Real Time Clock enabled. The problem is that when the file is put back into the cartridge then berries won't grow EVEN if your battery is still working!

Apparently there's a solution, and that is to disable the RTC before you put the save back into the cart.

You can find a more detailed and complete explanation in the comments of this video:

I hope this helps!

Hi guys, you might already know about this but I just wanted to tell you about a glitch that may cause some problems. Let's suppose you have a R/S/E cartridge with a working battery, and you decide to upload your save to a PC, then play it on VBA with the Real Time Clock enabled. The problem is that when the file is put back into the cartridge then berries won't grow EVEN if your battery is still working!

Apparently there's a solution, and that is to disable the RTC before you put the save back into the cart.

You can find a more detailed and complete explanation in the comments of this video:

I hope this helps!

This is because VBA uses system clock as RTC, while the cartridge RTC starts at 01/01/2000. The battery also goes dry within 10 years, thus resetting the clock back to 01/01/2000 when you change it.

The save has a timestamp and saving on VBA will set it to your computer's current date/time, so the date on the save will be a few years beyond the cartridge RTC's date. Use a save editor to compare the timestamps before and after using the save on VBA and you'll see what I mean.

The same glitch happens when your RTC battery goes dry and you replace it. I believe you can get around this by simply disabling RTC on VBA before launching the game.

Someone has managed to use the ereader in the Spanish versions?

As it has been said, eon ticket will only work with the English ROM (either USA or EUR, since they are the very same rom). An eur savegame can be used with an english ROM to get the ticket.

It is possible to edit the eon ticket vpk file (which is inside the .raw file) to make it work with a different ROM (via changing the gamecode), it has been done before. Since the script is erased after retrieving the ticket and it would still be in english, there's really no much point in doing so, besides creating a save for distribution to cartridges with two gameboys. I guess the re-distribution data can be altered, as well as the script itself, for example we could make a eon ticket savegame for e-reader with the italian event, and the others when we get them (I really hope we can get them).

This is because VBA uses system clock as RTC, while the cartridge RTC starts at 01/01/2000. The battery also goes dry within 10 years, thus resetting the clock back to 01/01/2000 when you change it.

The save has a timestamp and saving on VBA will set it to your computer's current date/time, so the date on the save will be a few years beyond the cartridge RTC's date. Use a save editor to compare the timestamps before and after using the save on VBA and you'll see what I mean.

The same glitch happens when your RTC battery goes dry and you replace it. I believe you can get around this by simply disabling RTC on VBA before launching the game.

http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Pokemon_Ruby%2FSapphire_New_Battery_Glitch

There's information, and also a gba application to change the date of the ruby/sapphire RTC clock.

Alternatively, you could edit the savegame's clock value, but changing the RTC is preferred unless you have no means to use gba homebrew.

Current status on our mission to get the missing European Events together.

Eon Ticket Bag_Eon_Ticket_Sprite.png

(Ruby & Sapphire)

English: Arrived at Real.96's home.

French: Is on the way. (Sent by the ebay seller last week.)

German: Arrived at Real.96's home.

Spanish: Is on the way. (Sent by suloku at May 18th.)

Aurora Ticket Bag_AuroraTicket_Sprite.png

(Emerald only!)

French: Arrived at Real.96's home.

German: Arrived at Real.96's home.

Spanish: Is on the way. (Sent by suloku at May 18th.)

Real.96 informed me today that the English Ruby Version has arrived!

EDIT:

Update May 24th - German Ruby and Emerald arrived as well!

Edited by ajxpkm