[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

A wc that can be shared only on original device would be great for distribution to other gba trough wireless adapter.

EDIT2: I've found it: adding 0x40 instead of 0x80 to the color/distribution byte makes it shareable, but receivers can't share the WC.

That's amazing! Work that into your editor and we won't need a DS or GameCube/Wii injector!

That's amazing! Work that into your editor and we won't need a DS or GameCube/Wii injector!

I really don't think this would replace a DS/GC/Wii injector. Not very many people have a Wireless adapter let alone two, and it would also require two GBAs (original or SP only) along with two games. Besides, as long as you're gonna be tinkering with injecting share-able wondercards in one save file to share to another game, you might as well just inject the wondercard you want in your save file to begin with.

I really don't think this would replace a DS/GC/Wii injector. Not very many people have a Wireless adapter let alone two, and it would also require two GBAs (original or SP only) along with two games. Besides, as long as you're gonna be tinkering with injecting share-able wondercards in one save file to share to another game, you might as well just inject the wondercard you want in your save file to begin with.

Ok, good point.

BlackShark said:
The Eon Ticket was also available for all languages except Japanese..

Most of the things in this thread go over my head. I'm trying my best to understand as much as I can. One thing that caught my off guard was this statement though.

I was messing around using my English & Japanese Ruby versions, Eon ticket and E-reader and my R4. I backed up my Japanese save, scanned in the Eon Ticket after writing it to my English save. Then I just backed it up again and wrote it to my Japanese save.

I'm not sure if this will be of any use to you guys but I thought I'd share anyway. I never tried to mix records with my Japanese Emerald though. I've been wondering if it would transfer the Eon Ticket.

EDIT:

Invader TAK said:
Hey @lostaddict. I was poking around on YouTube, I found Ric Redfield made a custom sharable Wonder Card for Emerald that distributes the Regi Dolls. Any chance you could add those to your tool?

Video:

[video=youtube;hhJnZ8PiPJg]

I actually own a Japanese E-reader + and the Decoration Present. I fully intend to beat the Japanese games and inject the Regi dolls into my saves before uploading them.

A few things to note.

1:There's a man who appears in Mauville city's Pokemon Center. He has different hair colors and purposes based on your ID number. You want the one with green hair. You can send him secret base decorations and when you mix records with another game, he gets sent to the other game. You can use this method to transfer secret base decorations (Including the Regi dolls) this way.

2: English and Japanese Emerald versions can mix records. I know this for a fact. You could use this fact to get legit Regi dolls in your English saves. (Or you could just do what I did. Write a Japanese save (Ruby) to and English cart and mix records with another English cart. (Emerald.)

*Sorry if I'm going too far off topic. I just thought I'd throw this out there for anybody who would be interested in getting 100% legit/Official Regi dolls.

Edited by HaxAras

I can make the wii/gc injector, I have experience with wii/gc coding and the program to dump/restore saves is opensource. My original wc injection code is written in C, so making the app is not a problem at all.

On the other side, a nds homebrew might be more complicated as I don't know if the tools to backup gba saves are open source, but if they are the basis is the same as for gc/wii.

Also, for that kind of app I'd like to have the wc for all languages, even if they are re-created and embedd them to the program (I'd update the app if we get more legit wc files).

It'll take time, but will get done.

I actually own a Japanese E-reader + and the Decoration Present. I fully intend to beat the Japanese games and inject the Regi dolls into my saves before uploading them.

A few things to note.

1:There's a man who appears in Mauville city's Pokemon Center. He has different hair colors and purposes based on your ID number. You want the one with green hair. You can send him secret base decorations and when you mix records with another game, he gets sent to the other game. You can use this method to transfer secret base decorations (Including the Regi dolls) this way.

2: English and Japanese Emerald versions can mix records. I know this for a fact. You could use this fact to get legit Regi dolls in your English saves. (Or you could just do what I did. Write a Japanese save (Ruby) to and English cart and mix records with another English cart. (Emerald.)

*Sorry if I'm going too far off topic. I just thought I'd throw this out there for anybody who would be interested in getting 100% legit/Official Regi dolls.

That's pretty cool. It's not even Off Topic, this belongs right to it because we also research about the Mystery Events.

Can you tell us something more about the Card? Because I'm looking for it and I think it could be useful for us.

But I barely can't get information about it. Like about from which series it was or what I rather think... If it was just a Promotional Card and things like that.

And maybe informations about if its data was already dumped by someone. My idea is that we could use the Script of it and translate it in all the others languages ect.

I'm reallly looking forward to see a save file with the Script of it. That would help a lot!

EDIT:

Argh sorry... I found the card! :D

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Battle_e:_Series_1_%26_2_Promotional_cards_(Battle_e)#Decoration_Present

Wonder Card sharing isn't possible between FR/LG and Emerald. I tried with one of MORFEO's cards.

I tryed it via VBA and it seemed to works. I tryed to exchange the Aurora ticket from emerald jap to firered jap. So maybe it's because the MORFEO's wc are not legal that can't be traded, i don't know.

I tryed it via VBA and it seemed to works. I tryed to exchange the Aurora ticket from emerald jap to firered jap. So maybe it's because the MORFEO's wc are not legal that can't be traded, i don't know.

It shouldn't work. Because the Emerald Script is incompatible with FireRed & LeafGreen and vice versa.

Even the text would be wrong because in FR&LG the harbour that is mention is in Vermillion City while in Emerald the harbour is in Lilycove City.

How did you get a get an shareable Japanese Wonder Card anyway?

I can make the wii/gc injector, I have experience with wii/gc coding and the program to dump/restore saves is opensource. My original wc injection code is written in C, so making the app is not a problem at all.

On the other side, a nds homebrew might be more complicated as I don't know if the tools to backup gba saves are open source, but if they are the basis is the same as for gc/wii.

Also, for that kind of app I'd like to have the wc for all languages, even if they are re-created and embedd them to the program (I'd update the app if we get more legit wc files).

It'll take time, but will get done.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/savegame-manager/source/default/source

It deals with both NDS and GBA save backup/restore.

I've translated taka tools (except the one that allows modifying the pokemon egg gift (PARPokeEE.exe) with ajxpkm's help. I've attached them to this post.

Might be useful to someone. I just hex edited the jap strings, so except the strings everything else is intact. Someone uploaded a translation before, but he seems to have used some tool to re-pack the translated program and I prefer to use the untouched thing.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/savegame-manager/source/default/source

It deals with both NDS and GBA save backup/restore.

Thanks, I forgot that tool also works for GBA games! Fortunately PKM games use Flash (save manager doesn't support EEPROM saves). I guess even I can make a NDS app now.

It shouldn't work. Because the Emerald Script is incompatible with FireRed & LeafGreen and vice versa.

Even the text would be wrong because in FR&LG the harbour that is mention is in Vermillion City while in Emerald the harbour is in Lilycove City.

How did you get a get an shareable Japanese Wonder Card anyway?

I used the japanese tool in the OP for the real WC of Aurora Ticket. The two windows of VBA shows that the connection can be done, but while i try to make the trade, both windows freeze. This happens also when i try to make a wc trade between two emerald, so this is not a problem of wc. What do you think?

EDIT: ok it was only mine bad translation from japanese. I tryed with the american version. The wc gives me only two options: receive or toss. But the two game can be connected. I will make a test from my italian firered to my italian emerald to see if the Aurora Ticket can be sent, when i'll get them back from Nintendo with the event.

Edited by Real.96

I've been adding mistery event features. It's all done. I've also added a button to enable Eon ticket on emerald (the very same taka's tool does, it also works with eur files since offsets are the same).

I've been wondering what's the best way to decompile and recompile scripts. I've though of changing the first script in the rom for the one I want to edit, then use pksvui, but is there a tool that allows to decompile/recompile the script without the rom?

@BlackShark why did you post this?

E 0x854 - 0xC93 Mystery Event Script

E 0xC94 - 0xC9B Record Mixing Item

On my emerald save there's data between 0x854 and 0x8A8, while it's all 0x00 from 0x8A8-0xC9B.

0x8A8 makes more sense for it to be the correct offset, since 0x854-0xC93 is 4 bytes checksum+ 1000 bytes script, same sizes as WC scripts and RS mistery event script.

I tried injecting the RS e-reader script to that region (0x8a8) with no luck, neither on the japanesse savegame and rom. Is there any footage of japanesse e-reader berry or dolls receiving? Is it from your father or at another place? Maybe I'm just not enabling the event, or maybe it really starts at 0x854...

suloku said:
Is there any footage of japanesse e-reader berry or dolls receiving? Is it from your father or at another place? Maybe I'm just not enabling the event, or maybe it really starts at 0x854...

I have a video of me receiving the dolls but it's awful. The Regi dolls are deposited directly into your PC. I could re-record it as well as record the berry distribution if you like.

The recording I have is of the Japanese E-reader. It's far more interesting than Ruby. Ruby vesion just says something like "Press B to cancel." Maybe there's a time when you hit A to accept.

Edit: Here's a terrible video showing me scanning in the Decoration Present. Skip to 10:30 for the actual scanning in on the Ruby version (Incredibly poor) and about 12-12:30 for a really good video shown from the perspective of the E-reader. If anybody needs or wants it for whatever reason, I could also upload the Japanese Ruby save.

Edited by HaxAras

I have a video of me receiving the dolls but it's awful. The Regi dolls are deposited directly into your PC. I could re-record it as well as record the berry distribution if you like.

The recording I have is of the Japanese E-reader. It's far more interesting than Ruby. Ruby vesion just says something like "Press B to cancel." Maybe there's a time when you hit A to accept.

Edit: Here's a terrible video showing me scanning in the Decoration Present. Skip to 10:30 for the actual scanning in on the Ruby version (Incredibly poor) and about 12-12:30 for a really good video shown from the perspective of the E-reader. If anybody needs or wants it for whatever reason, I could also upload the Japanese Ruby save.

I would really love to have it. Also, I should get my Leaf Green back from Nintendo Italia in a few days and I will be able to upload the save file as my contribution.

Japanese Pokemon Ruby with the Decoration Present scanned in.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pp01k8jqjzaw8b/POKEMON_RUBY_AXVJ00.sav

(Sorry about the 'state' of the save. Use the Wingull in the party to fly to Foretree City, then go west and south to find my secret base off to the right. The final Regi doll is on display in the characters bedroom.)

This save is mine in the sense that it came from my Japanese Ruby cart. But this isn't mine in the sense that it's the save that came with the game when I bought it on Ebay in 2012. I will do my best to answer any questons about the save itself, though I doubt this would be necessary. Hopefully this is of some use to you guys and thanks for everything you've done so far.

Edited by HaxAras

Thank you vey much for the information!

Is the berry also directly added to inventory?

It would be helpful to have a save dumped right before receiving the dolls/berry and one just after using mistery event. By comparing the before and after we could make sure about how these events modified the save file.

I already confirmed that all the us eon ticket e-reader does is put in data for the script and item, nothing else is changed in the savefile.

I don't know about the berries yet. I still haven't tested them. I could do it after work tomorrow but I don't have any more Ruby saves to mess with. If anybody has a Ruby save with the Mystery Gift activated, I could just write it to my Japanese cart and scan in the dolls and one of the berries.

EDIT:

Ammako said:

I have all of these things. I'm a collector though. Maybe I'm a rare case here? A collector as well a seeker of knowledge. Though, I think it's safe to say. Unlike most collectors, I value knowledge FAR more that some BS trade value.

suloku said:
Thank you vey much for the information!

Is the berry also directly added to inventory?

It would be helpful to have a save dumped right before receiving the dolls/berry and one just after using mistery event. By comparing the before and after we could make sure about how these events modified the save file.

I already confirmed that all the us eon ticket e-reader does is put in data for the script and item, nothing else is changed in the savefile.

You asked for it, here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jnj32tps25oggtm/JapanesePokemonRubyNutpea.sav

A Japanese Pokemon Ruby that has had the Nutpea Berry scanned in! You talk to Norman and he gives you the berry. As for a save before and after the Mystery Gift. You should be able to use the previous save I uploaded (with the Decoration Present) as the before file and this one as the after. I have every one of the English E-cards and a decent stack of the Japanese ones so if there's anything more I can do to help in any way, please let me know. I will do my best.

http://i.imgur.com/PzCEFzS.png

This is interesting. I've been wondering what would happen if you scanned in a Japan exclusive E-reader berry into a Japanese game and wrote the save to an English cart. Apparently this happens. Nutpea isn't Japan exclusive but this is still interesting to me. I just loaded up the Japanese save in VBA to make sure it was the right save and I'm incredibly glad I did.

Edited by HaxAras

As for the Berries this might be interesting for you

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48134-Ruby-Sapphire-e-Reader-Berries-(EU-US-JP)-(ARv3-4)

and for Trainers

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?47520-Ruby-Sapphire-Mossdeep-City-Trainers-(EU-US-JP)-(ARv3-4)

EDIT:

@HaxAras The reason for the broken Berry Tag is that the RAM offsets are coded into the berry data. Since Japanese und EU/US games have different offsets they appaer broken if injected to different region games.

Japanese Pokemon Ruby with the Decoration Present scanned in.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pp01k8jqjzaw8b/POKEMON_RUBY_AXVJ00.sav

(Sorry about the 'state' of the save. Use the Wingull in the party to fly to Foretree City, then go west and south to find my secret base off to the right. The final Regi doll is on display in the characters bedroom.)

This save is mine in the sense that it came from my Japanese Ruby cart. But this isn't mine in the sense that it's the save that came with the game when I bought it on Ebay in 2012. I will do my best to answer any questons about the save itself, though I doubt this would be necessary. Hopefully this is of some use to you guys and thanks for everything you've done so far.

It's cool. But we would need a save file where the Doll is still unclaimed.

The Mystery Events usually have a "terminate Script" command at the end of the Script.

So with an already claimed Regi Doll we can't get the Script. Would be cool if you could provide us with a save file that still has the Script on it.

@HaxAras thank you very much for the saves!

I've been thinking and I remembered that when a e-card is read, a program is stored in the e-reader, then you use that program to transfer the mistery event to the savefile.

So, it would be far more interesting to have the saves from the e-reader that have scanned the cards (if you are willing to share them), as that would allows to use vba-link (or my boy in android) to actually enable the event.

I've checked my files and I have a file with a collection of e-reader saves from the USA e-reader cards, including 48 numbered battle-e trainer cards + 6 more trainers , 6 berries (chilan, drash, eggant, nutpea, pumpkin and strib) and a lot of cards that I think had minigames for the e-reader (aquapolis, expedition and skyridge cards). It also has 4 japanesse trainer saves.

I don't know if japanesse saves for e-reader are available (probably, but I can't find them); it would be very interesting to have the saves for at least the dolls and japanesse berries.

EDIT: here are the USA e-reader saves, I don't know were the file I have with 4 japanese cards came from: http://ereader.kiczek.com/

It's cool. But we would need a save file where the Doll is still unclaimed.

The point is it seems the dolls don't have any script, the card just puts them in the inventory.

Morfeo probably made a giveitem script that would check if the dolls were owned as a way to give them only a single time.

The point is it seems the dolls don't have any script, the card just puts them in the inventory.

Morfeo probably made a giveitem script that would check if the dolls were owned as a way to give them only a single time.

Ah... really? OK sorry I didn't knew that. In this case it would be cool if we have a dump of the data from this e-Card.

I have a bunch of e-Card (RAW) files but I think it's not in my collection, I would have noticed...

I've found the file with the USA e-reader saves + the 4 japanese ones: http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/game-saves/download-gba-e-reader-cards-for-pokemon-ruby-sapphire-1-0-f30353.html

Also, from the looks of it, it seems the japanese e-cards dotcodes are dumped, I just can't find any file trough google: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?42433-RELEASE-VBA-LINK-E-READER

Maybe the dolls and berry cards are there too.

EDIT: there's a link here with the jap e-cards! https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46216-GEN-3-e-Reader-Event-Injection&p=205898&viewfull=1#post205898

They are all battle cards for the looks of it. No signs of berry cards or regi dolls cards. Was something else other than trainer e-cards released for the japanesse emerald/FRLG?

EDIT 2: Google search "no-intro gba e-cards" led me to a file "Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (e-Cards).zip" with a compilation of all dumped e-cards, usa and jap.

It holds the raw files for "08-O001" promotional card, which corresponds to the doll gift. Japanesse berries are probably also there too. Gonna see if I can scan them trough emulator, I'm not sure how that works (I guess the scan dotcode function to load the raw file is all that's needed).