[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

23 hours ago, suloku said:

Thanks! It's always helpfull to check for the data from different distributions and see if nintendo used the same rom.

Also, about the imported carts I was asking because some months ago Maveon posted this: 

Unfortunately the forums were hacked shortly after that and were down for 2-3 weeks (if I recall correctly) and after the forums were back Maveon didn't come back.

ps: not related to gen 3, but do you happen to have any gen 1/2 Mew/Celebi from Mexican distributions?

Are you looking for their save? I probably still have it. I was using Triggers PC to shiny hunt last year. So I was collecting save files to use. They didn't want their Pokemon being released so it's probably in my 'private' saves folder. if I still have it. 

Edit: I have a Leaf Green save downloaded on 11-10-16. That's probably it. 

Edit 2: Yeah, they're his. Leaf Green and Emerald, marked as from Mexico. I looked at his posts and he said he was from Mexico. Kinda lines up, doesn't it?

Edited by HaxAras

@Dark_Lucario Thanks! We know that the American Aurora Ticket Distribution Rom is compatible with all language versions.
As a matter of fact we did Research about 3rd Gen Mystery Gifts for 2 years, so we know almost everything. ;) 

What @suloku and I want to know is if the American Mystic Ticket Distribution Rom was compatible with all other language versions as well.
Because that's a question that remains unsolved. We're asking this question to anyone who has downloaded an American Mystic Ticket netherless, because since there is no leaked Distribution Rom of it, so this is kinda the only chance to answer this question. 

Edited by ajxpk

7 hours ago, zeropain said:

@HaxAras: Im sure they dont need the save files anymore, because they already have them. They ''just'' want information if the Mystic Ticket could be received with other language versions (for example a spanish GBA game) besides the english one.

That's exactly it. Maveon said he knew people who imported other language roms (mainly spanish, since we are talking about Mexico) and he said he didn't remember anyone complaining about not being able to download the ticket.

The questions are:

- Was the mystyc ticket distro rom compatible with all languages (except jap)?

- Was it english only? This was the latest distribution, maybe they already did it multi-language? Or since that wasn't nintendo of europe they didn't do it multi language?

EDIT: By the way, Dark_Lucario's wondercard is 1:1 with the one Maveon contributed, which in turn was 1:1 with the one from PNYC. About downloading in other regions, maybe we'd have better luck asking in mexican forums (seems logical, but I've just though about this now...)

• 1 month later...

Hey, I've been following this forum post for a while now and I'm super stoked to see how this project has evolved and made progress over the years but, not until recently have I decided to make an account for the forums so I could ask a question about this project specifically. Is it possible (or while it be possible at some point) to inject actual pokemon GBA game paks (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc.) with these events? If so, how would you go about doing this?

Side note, (maybe this is common knowledge here, not for sure...) I have been able to successfully with real game paks and through the use of a real Action Replay GBA 1.1v, get event key items via the PC item storage system (Old Sea Map, Mysticticket, etc.), and activate there respective events (when I say "activate" I mean the sailor notices that you have the ticket). If anyone would like these codes, I would be more than happy to share them here if that is ok.

Edited by laulau209

3 minutes ago, laulau209 said:

Hey, I've been following this forum post for a while now and I'm super stoked to see how this project has evolved and made progress over the years but, not until recently have I decided to make an account for the forums so I could ask a question about this project specifically. Is it possible (or while it be possible at some point) to inject actual pokemon GBA game paks (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc.) with these events? If so, how would you go about doing this?

Side note, (maybe this is common knowledge here, not for sure...) I have been able to successfully with real game paks and through the use of a real Action Replay GBA 1.1v, get event key items via the PC item storage system (Old Sea Map, Mysticticket, etc.), and activate there respective events (when I say "activate" I mean the sailor notices that you have the ticket). If anyone would like these codes, I would be more than happy to share them here if that is ok.

Wasn't there a DS and or Wii version of the tool?

The action replay codes are no longer needed. Using suloku's tool, you can inject the official event items and data into your save. Those codes are also here on the forums somewhere. I found them myself as well back in the day. 

I wouldn't really recommend using an Action Replay by the way...
During my Research I found clearly hacked save files with leftover of Code in places were they don't belong to.
Reason for this is most people mess up the use of Anti DMA Codes ect.
And since the size of data for these Mystery Gifts is really big, you are required to split it and add it to your save file using the Action Replay little by little...
Saving your save file ingame with Code set on... reset... select the next one... repeat the procedure until you have the full code...

That's a pain and like I said, if you mess it up your Mystery Gift is corrupted and doesn't work or at least you have Trash data on your save that should not be there... 
I would advise against the use of Pro Action Replay Codes. 

If there is anyone here with good dissassembly skills it would be cool if we could analyze the whole Mystery Gift System. The Aurora Ticket Rom could be useful to achieve this.
The reason why this Thread is still open is because I hope over the time someone shows up who would do this.
If we have a full dissassembly, another Tool or program could be made that communicates with the GBA Wireless Adapter and sends Mystery Gifts wirelessly.
How cool would this be to have for all the Mystery Gifts by the way? This way we could get Mystery Gifts into our physical games without having to hack the Game in the first place.
We would even be able to make public distributions using a Laptop or whatever... 

Edited by ajxpk

On 6/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, ajxpk said:

If there is anyone here with good dissassembly skills it would be cool if we could analyze the whole Mystery Gift System. The Aurora Ticket Rom could be useful to achieve this.
The reason why this Thread is still open is because I hope over the time someone shows up who would do this.
If we have a full dissassembly, another Tool or program could be made that communicates with the GBA Wireless Adapter and sends Mystery Gifts wirelessly.
How cool would this be to have for all the Mystery Gifts by the way? This way we could get Mystery Gifts into our physical games without having to hack the Game in the first place.
We would even be able to make public distributions using a Laptop or whatever... 

Now THIS is something I'd love to see!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, ajxpk said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think that could work unless you can somehow change the wireless signal frequency of your laptop to match the frequency of the GBA wireless adapter. By default though, I'm fairly certain the frequencies are incompatible.

Regarding the tickets and language/game restrictions, I bet it is restricted like Pokemon events. Each version that has different offsets, would have to have its own distribution. Generally Japanese, and non Japanese IIRC for gen 3.

Yep, you're correct @Sabresite

The interesting thing is that the American Aurora Ticket ROM is compatible with all FRLG language versions, except the Japanese. Of course the Wonder Card and Script is always the same English Mystery Gift. But it works in all versions. And yes the Rom is incompatible with the Japanese versions unlike it was claimed before... there was a Japanese save file circulating with a corrupted American Aurora Mystery Gift in it and it was claimed that it was received using real hardware but I have doubts. I rather think it was a hack of some kind. Dunno if either the Aurora Ticket Rom was hacked or if it was a Japanese save file forced into an English game... (Last option is more likely.)

The European Aurora Ticket Rom BTW... is an enhanced Version which is compatible with FRLG and E.  I really wished we could get this one in our hands for many reasons... It's interesting to note that it automatically recognizes which game you inserted, game version and language. All Mystery Gift Scripts are stored back to back on it. Like this:

English E - French E - German E - Italian E - Spanish - Unknown Data - English FRLG - French FRLG - German FRLG - Italian FRLG - Spanish FRLG - Unknown Data

Since the routine (as in all 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Roms) grabs always 995 Bytes, it takes Bytes from the data after the actual Script as well and then a checksum gets computed for the whole package. It's kinda funny that almost half of the data it takes are nothing but Trash Bytes...

Edited by ajxpk
Clarifide FRLG and Emerald compatibility.

3 hours ago, Purin said:

Don't forget the English only Aurora Ticket distribution was also used in Bergsala areas (Denmark and north), so it's not really "American".

Is the name on that one formatted "AURORA TICKET" with a month and year or "AURORATICKET" with no date specified? Because the former is the one used in America.

Edited by Invader TAK

@Invader TAK of course. I forgot to mention that. But Emerald wasn't released until almost 1 year after the Distribution happened.

@Purin Is that true? I hear about this for the first time. I personally prefer to call it American tho', since we can assume that this version was made by NOA.
When did the Bergsala Distributions took place exactly? I have no informations about Denmark, would be cool to have it with some kind of proof.

BTW. in the meanwhile I worked together with @Lady Ariel to update the Bulbapedia article: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_other_event_distributions_in_Generation_III
The fake American Mystic Ticket is gone for good...  :D

Yeah, that kinda makes sense. There could be many explanations for it and it would also explain why it was leaked after all.
I mean it seems like nearly everything that was leaked was leaked in Europe... interesting...

Edit:
From what I remember there was at least one European Aurora Ticket Cartridge being leaked as well.
I think I saw it on ebay before. Do you know anything about that?

Edited by ajxpk

• 1 month later...

Hello there. I just stumbled upon this topic and I'm really intrigued. I don't quite understand how any of this works though. I don't have time to read 1000 long posts so if possible, could someone explain the progress on this so far and how to inject a wonder card into your file? Thanks, I have spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out what any of this means.

Thanks for all that you guys are doing. :)

7 hours ago, Deus said:

Hello there. I just stumbled upon this topic and I'm really intrigued. I don't quite understand how any of this works though. I don't have time to read 1000 long posts so if possible, could someone explain the progress on this so far and how to inject a wonder card into your file? Thanks, I have spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out what any of this means.

Thanks for all that you guys are doing. :)

The actual tool and usage information can be found here. It's basically done with either a DS that has the GBA slot and DS flashcart, a hacked Wii or GameCube, or with a savefile extracted to PC/already on a PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently I try to make an Eon Ticket eCard for the Japanese Ruby & Sapphire but I keep failing.
If there is anyone skilled here who wants to do it... it would be much appreciated. Not that it's too important, but I think it would be a nice thing to have.  
@suloku told me that he is not so interested to look into it, especially because he is very busy now. (I can't blame him...)

With that in mind, I think it's unlikely that he will fix his Tool at the moment if there's some kind of bug... And I don't think that WonderNews are that important anyway.
Btw. I heard that PKHeX has started to support Gen 3 Mystery Gifts, which is really cool if that's really the case. I haven't checked it out yet. 

9 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Recently I try to make an Eon Ticket eCard for the Japanese Ruby & Sapphire but I keep failing.
If there is anyone skilled here who wants to do it... it would be much appreciated. Not that it's too important, but I think it would be a nice thing to have.  
@suloku told me that he is not so interested to look into it, especially because he is very busy now. (I can't blame him...)

With that in mind, I think it's unlikely that he will fix his Tool at the moment if there's some kind of bug... And I don't think that WonderNews are that important anyway.
Btw. I heard that PKHeX has started to support Gen 3 Mystery Gifts, which is really cool if that's really the case. I haven't checked it out yet. 

What is your interest in it? Just as a novelty or are you trying to catch the Lati@s on your save? Cause you could import a Japanese save to an English rom, scan the cart and then send it back. I can't actually remember which events were released for each language in gen 3. 

As for making an actual E-reader card to scan into a Japanese game. I would have no idea where to begin. I know people have looked into or talked about making fakes and repro E-reader cards. But I never read up on it much as I'd rather have the real thing for my collection.