[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

1 minute ago, suloku said:

I don't think that was the case: the one we found was 1:1 with the rom script, but ajxpk said it was 1:1 with a Taka's tool generated one, and Taka did use the rom scripts to recreate them. Without confirmation from someone that went to the event, everything points at that on being a fake.

In any case, the eggs themselves would be legit, same as with morpheo's codes, because the pokemon are generated in-game. Recreation is good (and everyone can do it with the tool right now, it has a built in egg script injector)., but the objective would be preserving the official thing.

Hopefully someone will come forward with an official Egg Wonder Card so we know for sure if they just used the in-game script. All we have now is an assumption. It's a very solid assumption considering the script is in the game, but it's still an assumption nonetheless.

Speaking of the tool, did you ever look into that bug with Wonder News not injecting into English FRLG saves?

8 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Speaking of the tool, did you ever look into that bug with Wonder News not injecting into English FRLG saves?

No...? The pc version? Get me a save that gives problems via PM, if it's still a problem I'll try to fix tomorrow.

About the rom scripts: for the events we have, they are different than the real deal. In fact, the Spanish emerald aurora ticket has a mistake in the deliveryman text, which isn't in the rom script (I bet they just re-converted the FRLG script and messed up, this also explains the "man in green" text for emerald, which should be "man in blue").

5 minutes ago, suloku said:

No...? The pc version? Get me a save that gives problems via PM, if it's still a problem I'll try to fix tomorrow.

About the rom scripts: for the events we have, they are different than the real deal. In fact, the Spanish emerald aurora ticket has a mistake in the deliveryman text, which isn't in the rom script (I bet they just re-converted the FRLG script and messed up, this also explains the "man in green" text for emerald, which should be "man in blue").

Ah, right. Also, I always figured the "man in green" bit was either laziness or they just didn't wanna bother having two sets of Wonder Cards, even though they did anyway, as we discovered during this whole process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Should the Gen 3 PCNY Events be included on this ? Also, what about the 10Aniv Events? 

I know those are "quite" simple to find but it may be usefull to add them too. 

I don't remember if they were on a wondercard(I think so) orginally, but I've never found one. I was a child when I went to the 10Aniv event and if my memory doesn't fail me, it was a wondercard

On 2/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, xJoelituh said:

Should the Gen 3 PCNY Events be included on this ? Also, what about the 10Aniv Events? 

I know those are "quite" simple to find but it may be usefull to add them too. 

I don't remember if they were on a wondercard(I think so) orginally, but I've never found one. I was a child when I went to the 10Aniv event and if my memory doesn't fail me, it was a wondercard

Wish Blissey/Chansey is the most common set on Showdown but it's a shame that it's a PCNY event only move.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I actually forgot until today that I made these savegames but never got to upload them: they are e-reader savegames for all the Nintendo of Italy Eon tickets we got. As you may know, the original US e-reader card is only compatible with the English rom and now each language has its own e-reader savegame. With a little help even the texts for the transfer process were translated so it feels more like what an e-card for the other languages would have been.

Legality concerns: using this saves to get the Eon ticket produces the same savegame as sending the cartridge to Nintendo of Italy, so 100% legal.

For those purist that only want 100% legitimate stuff on non-english games you'll still need to mix records after using the original US Eon ticket e-card (or send your cartridge to Nintendo... :p)

Please read the included readme for proper instructions and credits.

EON_TICKETS.thumb.png.12ccb3a455327e67b8f4145c9b71152c.png
EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip

note: this is also linked in the first post of the Mystery Gift Tool thread, if anyone fears for this being buried in this thread.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Great @suloku. Btw. How is the Japanese Eon Ticket e-Card I requested going?

I tried it with no success once, but now I think I tried to make it work with the JAP e-reader, while using a US e-reader would probably be easier. What would be better, a save for the US e-reader compatible with JAP or one for the JAP e-reader? One for emerald will probably be more difficult (or maybe not, there is a script type that gets executed in the game, I would only need to put one that enables the flag...). I kinda forgot most about how it works, so I'm not sure right no (fortunately everything is documented at glitchcity)

I dunno. Whatever is easier for you?
I was thinking about an Emerald Eon Ticket as well.
Wouldn't be too difficult considering the compact size of data that needs to be added to the save. (Thanks to the hardcoded Eon Ticket Script in Emerald...) 
How awesome would that be?! Would be cool to see that.

Btw. @Real.96 mentioned to me that Nintendo of Europe's Italian branch has finally ended the 3rd Gen Distribution. :D
So sending cartridges to Nintendo of Italy isn't possible anymore. We're lucky that we made it in time!

8 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Btw. @Real.96 mentioned to me that Nintendo of Europe's Italian branch has finally ended the 3rd Gen Distribution

No wonder that is over now...

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/4/2016 at 2:15 PM, ajxpk said:

I decided to upload the dumped Scripts which were found inside the ROMs und dumped by me.

Propably these were meant to be as templates for all the Events that were planned to be distributed.

With some of them never making it to be released as an officially distributed Event.

- It includes all the Ticket Events.

- The Pokémon Egg Event which gives an Egg with Pichu that has Surf as a Special Move and was possibly used for the PokéPark Eggs, PCJP 2004 Eggs and PCNY Wish Eggs.

- The never used Altering Cave Event

- The never used Trainer Survey Event which is incomplete without Trainer data that needs to be injected in some way

- The never used Trainer Card Event which I guess is part of the Trainer Survey Event (needs some clarification, I don't know much about this one...)

- The never used Stamp Card Event which I don't know what it is and just dumped because it seems to belong to the other ones

- And the Old Sea Map exclusively for Emerald

The archive also includes a txt file I made with documented informations about the data size and the original locations were these Scripts are found.

These are also the Scripts we will use for the Mystery Gift Editor Tool. Because ONLY with them we can give seamingless support for all of the respective versions.

The file disappeared after the forums were hacked.

Mystery Gift Data.zip

Hi, i'm form México, i was on the electronic game show 2005, where Mystic ticket was distribuited, but unfortunately in Latin america dont have spanish translated pokemon versions, thats why its dificult to find it.

I upload some photos here.

https://fotos.subefotos.com/9f245b05a1dab21c2249fd0b59ab953do.jpg
https://fotos.subefotos.com/9b298361f7116219b6e1c53f90048978o.jpg

Sorry for my bad english, grettings!

Edited by Dark_Lucario
  • Like 2

@Dark_Lucario thank you for the images. Someone told us that in mexico some people actually imported the spanish version rather than buying the english one, do you happen to know if people with those imported spanish (or other non-english games) were able to receive the Mystyc ticket?

It would be great to have confirmation that those mystyc legendaries are legal in other languages.

Also, if you have the means to dump your savegame, I'd like to check your mystyc ticket data if possible. For what we know it should be the same we already have, but checking is always good.

8 hours ago, suloku said:

@Dark_Lucario thank you for the images. Someone told us that in mexico some people actually imported the spanish version rather than buying the english one, do you happen to know if people with those imported spanish (or other non-english games) were able to receive the Mystyc ticket?

It would be great to have confirmation that those mystyc legendaries are legal in other languages.

Also, if you have the means to dump your savegame, I'd like to check your mystyc ticket data if possible. For what we know it should be the same we already have, but checking is always good.

@Dark_Lucario, there is a very easy way to dump saves without modding.

First you should download FIX94's save dumper here: https://github.com/FIX94/gba-link-cable-dumper/releases.
Then go to http://please.hackmii.com.
Next, fill out your Wii's MAC Address from Network/Internet settings, then on the page, cut either wire after filling out the spam-trap.

Next, extract the contents of the ZIP file to the root of an SD(HC) card, and if you want to keep your console stock,
DO NOT keep boot.dol as-is on the card.
Instead, rename the Link-Cable Dumper Wii version .dol file to "boot.dol" after extracting the file to the Desktop or SD card.
Once done, put the card in your Wii, go to the Messageboard, and check yesterday, 2 days ago, today, or tomorrow on it for a red letter.

Click it, and follow the instructions. You need a GCN-GBA cable in Port 2, and preferably a GCN controller. 

12 hours ago, suloku said:

No. here in México, every game cost double of the american cost, is expensive buy games here. That why a lot of pleople looks for an unofficial copy of the game, but every pirate copy used a japanese game translated on english.

Import a spain game, will cost 4 times than a actual original copy of the game, in that right moment the euro € appeared, replacing the peseta.

And yes, I can dump my save file.

¡Greetings!

• Like 1

Thanks! It's always helpfull to check for the data from different distributions and see if nintendo used the same rom.

Also, about the imported carts I was asking because some months ago Maveon posted this: 

Unfortunately the forums were hacked shortly after that and were down for 2-3 weeks (if I recall correctly) and after the forums were back Maveon didn't come back.

ps: not related to gen 3, but do you happen to have any gen 1/2 Mew/Celebi from Mexican distributions?

23 hours ago, suloku said:

Thanks! It's always helpfull to check for the data from different distributions and see if nintendo used the same rom.

Also, about the imported carts I was asking because some months ago Maveon posted this: 

Unfortunately the forums were hacked shortly after that and were down for 2-3 weeks (if I recall correctly) and after the forums were back Maveon didn't come back.

ps: not related to gen 3, but do you happen to have any gen 1/2 Mew/Celebi from Mexican distributions?

Hi, sorry for the late, but here is my pokemon Green Leaf sav. file, i extract first all my pokemon, to Pokémon Box game; because i don't want my pokemon realease all on the internet. 

By the way, this distribution Aurora ticket rom, its all compatible with the Spanish version 
https://digiex.net/threads/pokemon-aurora-ticket-distribution-usa-gba-cartridge-rom-download-usa.14901/
the card sent it's all on english, although the language game.

And last, my first handle console was Gameboy advance SP, although I already have the games of first and second generation, I never got those events.

I knew they were made by club nintnedo; But I do not know who can own one of them.

I hope this helps you, greetings!

file Mystyc Ticket.sav

Edited by Dark_Lucario
  • Like 2