[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

I'll try to get ahold of some Fuego Rojo/Hoja Verde carts that may contain the wondercard data and dump their saves to backup this claim.

It would be really amazing if we could get real proof of that fact for Mystic Ticket. What you said about no one seeming to complaing is another good point supporting the events were compatible with all regions, but actual proof would render all language's ho-oh and Lugia completely legit without.

ps: won't you happen to have any of the Mew/Celebi for Game Boy games that were distributed in Mexico? I've been trying to gather as many of those before batteries run out (too late for gen 2 unless trasnfered to the n64 pokémon Stadium). I posted some of them already, but I still haven't had the time to post all the data I gathered.

All I can say that this summer I was talking with many collectors...

And there's something I haven't talked about in public yet. There might be a big reveal over the time, that's all I can say for now.

One thing I can say for now is that there are still chances. The potential that we can get more Events is there.

I think it's time to talk about this! :wink:

As I said before, I was able to talk with the collector's scene... (Mostly people at neoseeker.)

And this Summer I was able to get 1 of the missing Mystic Tickets. (I want to thank Aglid & Gold Ursaring at this point.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13855[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13856[/ATTACH]

This is the Mystic Ticket that was distributed at the Nintendo World Store in New York in 2005. I received both FRLG & Emerald Version.

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to make them public that's why I decided to remain silent about it.

The reason I talk about it now is because today I analyzed the WCs we just received today from Maveon.

To my surprise they're identical to to the Mystic Tickets I collected this Summer.

Propably NOA reused the NWS Mystic Ticket Distribution Carts at the WTC in Mexico City.

So I think with this they're free to be released, but I leave that up to suloku! :biggrin:

To my surprise they're identical to to the Mystic Tickets I collected this Summer.

Propably NOA reused the NWS Mystic Ticket Distribution Carts at the WTC in Mexico City.

So I think with this they're free to be released, but I leave that up to suloku! :biggrin:

So, the wonder cards that Maveon provided are identical? Which means that they would be legit on a US cart? And that's all we need, other than the other Mystic Ticket(s) for US, and the Eggs right?

Those are good news! The injection tools have been updated with the new tickets, so finally we can say we achieved the primary goal of this thread!

Now, only that elusive Nintendo Rocks America and TCG versions remain, but that would be a secondary goal, I think we can be more than happy and proud about what we have achieved. Thanks Maveon for the final missing piece, Real.96 for all those european events we were able to get thanks to you and all the other contributors that got us, one by one, all the pieces!

So, the wonder cards that Maveon provided are identical? Which means that they would be legit on a US cart? And that's all we need, other than the other Mystic Ticket(s) for US, and the Eggs right?

Yep and yes. The ones I received (only for research) came from the Nintendo World Store.

And these are identical. Every single byte is the same.

As of now there are only 3 Mystic Tickets missing:

TCG World Championships 2005. (FRLG only)

Pokémon Rocks America 2004 - Real text still unknown... (FRLG & Emerald)

Regarding the Pokémon Eggs... I would be happy even if we just receive one of those.

To get them all is nearly impossible... since for this we would have to get one of each Egg...

But at least if we had just one Egg we could try to reconstruct the rest for the same Event, it wouldn't be 100% legit but we could recreate something that is close to it.

One interesting note about this one...

Gold Ursaring is one of the very few people who went to one of these Egg Present Events. (The one in PCNY.)

I heard that he was able to receive many Eggs by downloading these WC and tossing it to receive another one.

So the Egg Events could have worked in a different way than the "Prototype Egg Event" we have.

Or maybe (and I think it's more likely) the flag that is set when you received the Egg gets removed by the Distribution Software when you download another Egg Present Wonder Card.

Everything else like always a new flag IMO is unlikely since that would maybe have created a mess on the save file and would have been more complex.

To me personally it's hard to believe that they would have made such an complex and dynamic Script for this Event.

It would be really amazing if we could get real proof of that fact for Mystic Ticket. What you said about no one seeming to complaing is another good point supporting the events were compatible with all regions, but actual proof would render all language's ho-oh and Lugia completely legit without.

ps: won't you happen to have any of the Mew/Celebi for Game Boy games that were distributed in Mexico? I've been trying to gather as many of those before batteries run out (too late for gen 2 unless trasnfered to the n64 pokémon Stadium). I posted some of them already, but I still haven't had the time to post all the data I gathered.

Actually I do have Mew & Celebi on my Stadium II but the battery has died on all my Gen II carts.

This past february, when the Gen I VC re releases came out, nostalgia hit me hard, so I unburied all my Gen I & II games from the storage, motivated by the idea of transfering my 15+ years beloved pokemon to Sun & Moon, however to my unplesant surprise, my GSC games lost the saves I had on them because their battery had died. This promted me to verify if I had some clones of the pokemon on my stadium carts. Not all of them were there, but the lengendaries, shinnies and some of my competitive pokemon were stored, along side the Mew and Celebi I got from the promotions of a specialized magazine (Club Nintendo) here on México .

However I've got a couple of things to tell you:

Firstly, I have absolutley no way to dump this saves. I've read about the everdrive method and some other hardware that uses the printer ports on old PCs, but first I have to change the battery of Gold, Silver or Crystal, right? Or is there a way to dump the Stadium II save and then extract the pokemon data?

Secondly, back on those days the use of the GameShark and similar cheating devices was running rampant in here, and even though I went to the offices of said magazine to get the pokemon and the claims of the magazine of being "the official mexican magazine sponsored and certified by nintendo", I always feared that the Mew and Celebi weren't legit, specially because both of them were leveled and had some TM moves on them, as if the guy who was distributing them was also playng with them, or worse: they weren't legit.

So, how can I know their legitimacy? Is there a list of OT & ID# of legitimate Mews & Celebis I could check before spending on harware?

Primary goal achieved? But did we get the Emerald versions of the European Auroraticket in all languages yet?

They exist and it was possible to get them by sending the games to Nintendo in Germany but they stopped the service already...

We got them. All thanks to Nintendo in Italy who STILL offers the service, Real.96 who lives in Italy and some others who sent carts to him like ajxpkm and HaxAras.

We got them. All thanks to Nintendo in Italy who STILL offers the service, Real.96 who lives in Italy and some others who sent carts to him like ajxpkm and HaxAras.

Small correction. I didn't send any carts in. I was more on the sidelines, ready to send mine if needed. I didn't really contribute much of anything unless you count the 2-3 saves I uploaded and Decoration present/Regi Doll info for the E-reader aspect.

Guest jerzeysgotmusic
Actually I do have Mew & Celebi on my Stadium II but the battery has died on all my Gen II carts.

This past february, when the Gen I VC re releases came out, nostalgia hit me hard, so I unburied all my Gen I & II games from the storage, motivated by the idea of transfering my 15+ years beloved pokemon to Sun & Moon, however to my unplesant surprise, my GSC games lost the saves I had on them because their battery had died. This promted me to verify if I had some clones of the pokemon on my stadium carts. Not all of them were there, but the lengendaries, shinnies and some of my competitive pokemon were stored, along side the Mew and Celebi I got from the promotions of a specialized magazine (Club Nintendo) here on México .

However I've got a couple of things to tell you:

Firstly, I have absolutley no way to dump this saves. I've read about the everdrive method and some other hardware that uses the printer ports on old PCs, but first I have to change the battery of Gold, Silver or Crystal, right? Or is there a way to dump the Stadium II save and then extract the pokemon data?

Secondly, back on those days the use of the GameShark and similar cheating devices was running rampant in here, and even though I went to the offices of said magazine to get the pokemon and the claims of the magazine of being "the official mexican magazine sponsored and certified by nintendo", I always feared that the Mew and Celebi weren't legit, specially because both of them were leveled and had some TM moves on them, as if the guy who was distributing them was also playng with them, or worse: they weren't legit.

So, how can I know their legitimacy? Is there a list of OT & ID# of legitimate Mews & Celebis I could check before spending on harware?

I make chiptune music with Gameboys as a hobby and have everything needed for dumping and reading Gameboy carts using modern computers. Specifically, I own a USB cartridge reader/programmer. It handles SRAM data just fine. The easiest solution would be for you to buy one here http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2 for $50 USD or send your cartridges to someone like me who owns one. Provided, you would need to replace your save batteries for your own carts and transfer the Pokemon from the N64 game back to the Gameboy carts.

I have no clue of how to check the legitimacy of the event Pokemon but perhaps we can put together info with the help of others and come up with a solution for dumping and verifying them.

I make chiptune music with Gameboys as a hobby and have everything needed for dumping and reading Gameboy carts using modern computers. Specifically, I own a USB cartridge reader/programmer. It handles SRAM data just fine. The easiest solution would be for you to buy one here http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2 for $50 USD or send your cartridges to someone like me who owns one. Provided, you would need to replace your save batteries for your own carts and transfer the Pokemon from the N64 game back to the Gameboy carts.

I have no clue of how to check the legitimacy of the event Pokemon but perhaps we can put together info with the help of others and come up with a solution for dumping and verifying them.

Thanks so much for that link! It beats the hell out of that method using those old GameBoy Color save backup devices that cost the same price on Ebay. I have a gen 2 living dex with a shiny Abra I found and a shiny Celebi and I'd love to save it on my computer/port them to gen 3 and be able to re-play Silver again.

Yes, but I don't know if barklight is ok with it being released in public and I haven't contacted him about it yet.

Ok, I understand. I just wondered why I can't find it even though it is marked as contributed. But if barklight don't want it to be public that's ok.

Maybe you should add a note to the first post that it's not public.

Ok, I understand. I just wondered why I can't find it even though it is marked as contributed. But if barklight don't want it to be public that's ok.

Maybe you should add a note to the first post that it's not public.

I have contacted him and received permission. :biggrin:

Btw. I know it's long overdue but I decided to move the Official Events to the Event Section.

So everything about the Official Events will continue in this Thread:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?50621-Gen-III-Event-Contribution-Thread

I will also post it in this Thread, since it's part of the whole Mystery Gift mechanism.

Tossing the Wonder Card appearently seems to clear more data than we thought.

It also clears the flag data that is set when you receive an Egg.

In other words, you can get as many Eggs as you wants by tossing the Wonder Card.

However when you just receive another Wonder Card without tossing the old one before the flag remains.

Which means you will not be able to receive another Egg even if it's a different one.

Tossing the Wonder Card appearently seems to clear more data than we thought.

I'll try some hex compares with un-received, received and tossed files, see what exactly gets changed in the save, but REing the tossing function would be the best to know which data is tied to wondercard as there may be more flags that get unset but we are not aware of because they are already unset.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately no. I hope Maveon comes back at some point to clear some things up (Mystic ticket being downloadable in non-English roms).

Also, Purin confirmed to me that he personally brought a emerald english cartridge to the old sea map distribution and it was not compatible, so the Old Sea Map is and will always be a Jap only thing (unless nintendo goes and does some weird virtual console stuff, but I personally don't think that would apply to non-VC games anyways).

The egg wondercards...they will be the most difficult to get, since other ("better") events came after them and people most likely throw the wondercard. The only hope is people who could backup their saves back in the day I guess, or luckily finding some stray person who stopped playing but got an egg event.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, suloku said:

Unfortunately no. I hope Maveon comes back at some point to clear some things up (Mystic ticket being downloadable in non-English roms).

Also, Purin confirmed to me that he personally brought a emerald english cartridge to the old sea map distribution and it was not compatible, so the Old Sea Map is and will always be a Jap only thing (unless nintendo goes and does some weird virtual console stuff, but I personally don't think that would apply to non-VC games anyways).

The egg wondercards...they will be the most difficult to get, since other ("better") events came after them and people most likely throw the wondercard. The only hope is people who could backup their saves back in the day I guess, or luckily finding some stray person who stopped playing but got an egg event.

Blame the limit of one Wonder Card in Gen 3.

Sounds like for the Eggs, we'll have to settle for recreations (which should be legal due to the official cards using the in-game Egg Gift scripts).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Invader TAK said:

Recreations (which should be legal due to the official cards using the in-game Egg Gift scripts).

I don't think that was the case: the one we found was 1:1 with the rom script, but ajxpk said it was 1:1 with a Taka's tool generated one, and Taka did use the rom scripts to recreate them. Without confirmation from someone that went to the event, everything points at that on being a fake.

EDIT: Also, the script being 1:1 is highly unleky to have come from a distribution device.

In any case, the eggs themselves would be legit, same as with morpheo's codes, because the pokemon are generated in-game. Recreation is good (and everyone can do it with the tool right now, it has a built in egg script injector)., but the objective would be preserving the official thing.

ps: @HaxAras I'll tag you, because you seem to have pm notifications disabled and I had something to discuss (not mistery gift related, for anyone else reading this).

• Like 2