[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

I can confirm that a German wonder card can be injected into an English save, so language compatibility isn't a restriction if you're only interested in the effect after discarding the wonder card.

Auroraticket in FRLG and Emerald are known, Eon ticket from eCard is available, leaving only MysticTicket to account for.

Does anyone have a FRLG and Emerald save game with an undiscarded MysticTicket wonder card?

From that the tools are in place to get all 'legit' tickets, since Old Sea Map was never distributed anyhow.

You can get easly Eon ticket on your own Emerald save file by mixing records with Ruby/Saphire save file that contains Eon ticket. In this thread you can find a video (you can search on YT too) that explains how to get Eon ticket on Ruby/Saphire. But you can get Old Ticket only on Japanese save files using Japanese injecting tools. You can get unofficial cards with Morfeo codes.

Thanks , i found the video and it works. I have eon ticket on pokemon Ruby, but now i can not mix records. i have been tryng with VBA 1.7.2 and 1.8.0.

Can someone help me please

This is my pokemon emerald save game file

https://mega.nz/#!4oZRzYiA!IScoXuw_MhxAb1WaoRBhqS74bj20KX6VN-uLPe6B_7I

Thanks

Thanks , i found the video and it works. I have eon ticket on pokemon Ruby, but now i can not mix records. i have been tryng with VBA 1.7.2 and 1.8.0.

Can someone help me please

This is my pokemon emerald save game file

https://mega.nz/#!4oZRzYiA!IScoXuw_MhxAb1WaoRBhqS74bj20KX6VN-uLPe6B_7I

Thanks

Try using other emulator that has game link cable emulation.

Hello! im new obviously, I was wondering if anyone has a frlg (US) .sav file with the aurora ticket wondercard that is transferable to other games? I have a supercard mini sd, so I would be able to transfer it from the .sav onto a cartridge, TY!

Hi this is really interesting information...

Did you try the Morfeo's Codes? I have tried to use them with no luck. I'm not sure if the way I'm inserting them in VBALink is wrong or the version of the rom i have is not correct (Emerald US/Europe Rev A).

Anyway a tool to patch the save files or some already patched files with those wonder cards in them will be really nice to have...

PS: Here is a save file i found online containing a legit aurora ticket wonder card (that you cannot share).

[ATTACH]12502[/ATTACH]

See the attachment here for FRLG Aurora

Can Metropolis' tool be used to transfer Wondercards from Emerald to FRLG and vice versa?

Because the save files get glitched out when I try to do a transfer between an ENG Leaf Green save file and an ENG Emerald save file.

Can Metropolis' tool be used to transfer Wondercards from Emerald to FRLG and vice versa?

Because the save files get glitched out when I try to do a transfer between an ENG Leaf Green save file and an ENG Emerald save file.

Transfering wondercards between different games won't be possible as the scripts of the wondercards are not compatible with a different game.

Hey i'm still alive :XD: sorry if i didn't write so much, but i'm in summer holdays >.< i still didn't ship the shappire cart. Day 23 i'll be back home, i'll try to ship it on the 24-25. But don't worry i'm still alive :XD:

Hey, Real! Anything new regarding the missing french Eon Ticket?

Here a new offer for the 10ANNIV GBA distribution system, if we we could collect money to buy this and finally find out the structure of the distribution of the 3rd generation. The sticker of this one is damaged, so they exist 2 or 3 cartdridges (one including the Groudon GBA SP)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/282173536711

It's always nice to see one of this insanely rare and expensive items popping up on ebay!

Well if I had enough money I would totaly go for it! :D Just need to wait a few years........

But this isn't as interesting as the ticket distribution devices. The 10th Anniversary events where directly added to the party, there's no wondercard. A device that sends wondercards would be more interesting in my opinion.

It's always nice to see one of this insanely rare and expensive items popping up on ebay!

Well if I had enough money I would totaly go for it! :D Just need to wait a few years........

But this isn't as interesting as the ticket distribution devices. The 10th Anniversary events where directly added to the party, there's no wondercard. A device that sends wondercards would be more interesting in my opinion.

I'm actually more interested in this distro Rom, since it could deliver some more informations regarding how 3rd Gen Event Pokémon were seeded...

And also informations about the determination of the OT Gender... I know that Bond697 (and maybe Sabresite as well) did some research with the 10th Anniversary Distro Rom.

But they never posted anything about it in this forum, which is very unforunate. (Or at least I haven't discovered it yet...)

Just in theory... With this information we possibly would have something in our hands that could be used to generate "legit" 3rd Gen Event Pokémon of other distributions as well...

This means if they use the same algorithm and are seeded the same way, which still would be something that needs further research.

A few months ago I started to collect 3rd Gen Event Pokémon for some small research on my own. But I could gather just very few examples of each distribution...

Those that are commonly traded in forums like Neoseeker... I was not able to find much Pokémon that are for trade outside of this circle.

And 3rd Gen Trading is nearly dead this days... so I have not much hope that we could possibly get more than those who're already known.

One thing I can say for sure... I think a great deal (not all, but many...) of 3rd Gen Event Pokémon that are traded are hacked... I even could confirm some obvious hacks...

But to me it's very hard to say what's hacked and what's not regarding 3rd Gen Event Pokémon. There are some small indicators I discovered also thanks to suloku.

Like some different types of Trash Bytes that can be found in the Nickname Area which IMO gives a lot of information about how these Pokémon were generated...

The bad things is that this information gets altered/removed after palparking, so researching Pokémon that are already in Gen 4 or above is useless.

But since there aren't many Event Pokémon still in 3rd Gen format, getting an actual Distribution Cartridge is obviously the best thing that could happen.

The Wonder Card Distro Rom however would be interesting too, since it would help us to understand more about the data we've found in the Trash Bytes.

And maybe (but just maybe) could help us to recreate missing legit Wonder Cards, but this is something I'm not very sure about to be honest...

Especially to have a Mystic Ticket Distribution Rom would be awesome. But when it comes to the Aurora Tickets, those we have already collected.

And since all 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Distribution Cartridges I've seen are Aurora Ticket Distribution Cartridges I don't pay too much attention to those.

I wished I was well off financially, I would immediately donate some money for this! :D

I'm willing to donate, if others will donate as well. But I guess a lot of money is needed for this.

Btw. the ebay member is known to me. You can keep an eye on it, the person has some great things collected.

I own a 10ANNIV distro cart and can investigate the seeding and trash byte routines, however it would devalue an otherwise unique item.

There is nothing otherwise significant about these events, compared to say Wish Chansey or Jirachi.

I expect the value of these carts to increase further in the light of the Pokemon Go revival, gold star Pokemon cards have near tripled in value since.

What is worthy of research (without distro cart) is whether the 10ANNIV/06227/0 combination is rollable on a normal Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald RNG.

If 06227/0 is rollable as a trainer ID/secret ID combination, then a new game with that Trainer ID, Secret ID and player name could be created, then it would be easy to trade them over and re-nickname.

As long as such a trainer ID/secret ID is possible, then it is also possible for the Pokemon to be renicknamed, hence the trash bytes would no indicator of legitimacy.

If this ID combination is never rolled by the RNG, then even if a hacked save allows renicknaming, there would be no 'normal' way to renickname these events.

I think it's highly likely that such an RNG exploit is possible and hence trash bytes don't matter for any of the Gen 3 events. As an example - take Shiny Manaphy in Gen 4, though the event was engineered to roll a PID that would prevent shininess, players found a trick to hatch the egg on a different save with appropriately rolled trainer ID and secret ID, resulting in shiny Manaphy.

I believe that 42225 is the first frame that will roll a trainer ID of 6227 and a secret ID of 0, where the seed is 0 (which it always is on Emerald).

Will test the trading and renaming part using a genuine 10ANNIV event from distro cart and an Emerald save hacked to have 10NNIV/6227/0 as the player name/ID.

The 'missing piece to the chain' of a totally legitimate trade-and-rename of a 10Anniv Pokemon would be for someone to abuse the RNG to create a save with that player Name, trainer ID and secret ID, which I believe is possible.

TLDR: Trash bytes are irrelevant to legitimacy.

Legality maybe, but I can guarantee that the vast majority of 10ANNIV events with incorrect trash bytes won't have been re-nicknamed in such a way. It's way too much hassle for the average person, who would just hack them in to 'look' legitimate.

If they have incorrect trash bytes, it's far more likely someone hacked them in. Or I guess someone could have hacked the OT/ID combinations to rename them and back, but what reason would they have to do that?

Legality maybe, but I can guarantee that the vast majority of 10ANNIV events with incorrect trash bytes won't have been re-nicknamed in such a way. It's way too much hassle for the average person, who would just hack them in to 'look' legitimate.

If they have incorrect trash bytes, it's far more likely someone hacked them in. Or I guess someone could have hacked the OT/ID combinations to rename them and back, but what reason would they have to do that?

How can you 'guarantee' that, asking the people? As long as it is possible to renickname, it is *possible*, hence they cannot be considered illegal by any legality checker.

Whether anyone has a reason to, or the time to go through a convoluted procedure is irrelevant.

Shiny Manaphy are legal for the same reasons - highly unlikely someone has hatched the egg on a different game to bypass the shiny check, but possible hence legal.