[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Hello.:wink:

I am Brazilian and I believe the only one here who has thought that someone would think to do this .:confused:

I confess that I acredtiva existed one more a group of dedicated people .

It is very bold and grand size of the " feat " that are performing.

We will be able to have privileged feeling of playing the full game , I believe that there are so few players who have all tickets, for years I have the feeling never complete canonical form the game.:grog::kikkoman::bidoof:

Well ... well ... I have no words to thank the commitment .

I do not know if I can help but I leave two links that I believe help:

HERE WACTH FIRST === GBA Eon Ticket and card -reader Unboxing !

AFTER

Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire - Eon Ticket [ HOW TO GET IT on the VBA ]

[video=youtube;zSrLvgGbB2Y]

Ahh I'm not very good at English, so I abuse the Google translator.

Apologies!!!

I don't get why people are still using that old VBALink. There's VBA-M 2.0 Beta 2 which is much more up to date (September 2015).

The latest stable builds are downloadable on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/files/?source=navbar

Also you could always build from the latest official source code which has moved to Github https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m

Galachao you should remove the ROM link, it's illegal to share them and against this forums rules.

I don't get why people are still using that old VBALink. There's VBA-M 2.0 Beta 2 which is much more up to date (September 2015).

Agreed. VBA-M is a compilation of all the different vba branches which were all combined with ongoing development, on vbalink wireless adapter functionality doesn't even work.

On a side note; I've been reading the structure stuff on the first page for a while now, is it possible to use that information to mod my save to add in the wonder card I want? I can't seem to understand the <b>checksum</b> section and the <b>header</b> section. (I have read through the forum but I'm still very confused). Is the checksum left blank or is it just not known? And does header represent the different style found in the header of the wonder card or something else? I've even tried the Japanese tools but I have yet to see any change to my save. Can someone please answer my questions?

I don't know about the checksum/header stuff. But the Japanese tools only work with Japanese games. You just drag your save file into the tool, and it creates a .dat file, which you import into VBA. Then, voilà, mystery dude appears at pokecenter.

Real said three weeks ago that he was probably going to ship it the next day since Nintendo Italy gave him the ok but hasn't given us an update.

Hey i'm still alive :XD: sorry if i didn't write so much, but i'm in summer holdays >.< i still didn't ship the shappire cart. Day 23 i'll be back home, i'll try to ship it on the 24-25. But don't worry i'm still alive :XD:

Hey i'm still alive :XD: sorry if i didn't write so much, but i'm in summer holdays >.< i still didn't ship the shappire cart. Day 23 i'll be back home, i'll try to ship it on the 24-25. But don't worry i'm still alive :XD:

Sorry, we just hadn't heard from anyone in awhile but good to hear it will be shipped soon.

Here's the first beta of an online tool I'm developing to allow injection of mystery gift scripts into FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald saves:

Mystery Gift Injector

The first file is the 128KB SAV file.

Next select whether the file is FRLG or Emerald.

Then the four header bytes that come between the checksum and the script itself.

Upload one of the script files from the Mystery Gift Data zip

Download the new SAV file with the script injected and checksum fixed.

Still needs testing, unsure which header bytes to use.

Source code available by e.g. using Chrome Debugger on the site.

It either didn't work for me or I put in the wrong header bytes. But I'm unsure at this point. Good job puting something out though, if possible could you make a video or explain the four header bytes part more?

I don't know what the four header bytes are supposed to be either, hence why they're manually editable.

I'm going to look through example SAV files to see what headers they have there and check that the offsets/checksum is coded properly.

It's fair to assume that using 0 for the four bytes won't work though.

I don't know what the four header bytes are supposed to be either, hence why they're manually editable.

I'm going to look through example SAV files to see what headers they have there and check that the offsets/checksum is coded properly.

Okay, let me know if you want any help. Also, were you able to get your tool working on your own example sav file?

Not having any luck with FRLG or Emerald even after running the edited file through a save editor to correct the checksum independently.

Going to look though the documentation in more detail and keep trying to get a working solution, removed the link for now until I have something confirmed working.

Not having any luck with FRLG or Emerald even after running the edited file through a save editor to correct the checksum independently.

Going to look though the documentation in more detail and keep trying to get a working solution, removed the link for now until I have something confirmed working.

Are you able to just fix the checksum without doing anything else? So then everything for the time being could be inserted manually and then it would still work?

Attach a file with the data injected but invalid checksum and I'll have a shot at fixing it.

I don't know whether the problem is with the checksum or the data I'm trying to inject.

Okay, give me a minute to do so. I will input it to the best of my ability and then post it here for you.

Also, it is impressive this thread now has over 1000 posts to it.