[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Invader TAK said:
And thanks for them both not deleting the Wonder Card (though I would have kept it as well, figuring it'd be the ONLY Wonder Card I'd get on a Gen 3 game).

Or just not deleting the saves in general. It's amazing. I've re-played gen 3 games more times than I can count and did a lot of stupid stuff to get my saves reset in the past.

Edited by HaxAras

Or just not deleting the saves in general. It's amazing. I've re-played gen 3 games more times than I can count and did a lot of stupid stuff to get my saves reset in the past.

Yeah, that too. Especially since not everyone has the hardware to dump and restore saves.

I actually asked him why he hadn't deleted his save. It was simply because he didn't want to lose his Pokemon and he didn't want to go through the hassle of trading them all to another game. 10+ years of laziness saved the day!

As for his brother, I can only assume it was the same.

Thank you very much! With this we just need to wait for the missing events from nintendo italy and we'll have almost everything (only a frlg mystyk ticket missing). Of course there are more missing events, but having at least one of each is awesome.

Thank you very much! With this we just need to wait for the missing events from nintendo italy and we'll have almost everything (only a frlg mystyk ticket missing). Of course there are more missing events, but having at least one of each is awesome.

When will missing events arrive ?

Do the Wondercards from the same event differ from FR/LG to Emerald? Or would we be able to insert the Emerald one into FR/LG and have it be 'legal' (same as original event.)

I know the Wondercards include a script, but not sure how much the script differs between FR/LG and Emerald, and if we would be able to modify the script to match what an actual FR/LG Wondercard would look like.

Yes, just like Purin said they do differ.

So an FR & LG version would be needed as well.

The Emerald Script would be incompatible anyway because of different reasons that had been mentioned here before.

Btw. suloku noticed something interesting. Nothing huge for now, but it could be meaningful if we manage to gather more Mystic Tickets.

It looks like the European Aurora Ticket Distribution Device and US Mystic Ticket Distribution Device are kinda related in some way.

Possibly the boot code of their distribution devices had the same length. Appearently the data started at the same offset.

I wonder if there are more similarities and if this could strenghten the theory that it was in fact a multiboot rom.

Seems like at this rate, suloku will need to use his editor to make an FRLG Mystic Ticket using the script in the ROM, provided another miracle doesn't happen.

Actually, it's me who's trying this now. I don't even know if suloku knows what exactly he discovered there... :P

I'm now about to try to understand the logic behind of it. But I don't want to raise hopes too high.

I would even go this far and say that I fear it's impossible.

Too many small details that needs to be considered who're too unpredictable...

Chances are high that my little "work" wouldn't match with the actually distributed data.

I think there's no other way than dumping the original Event.

Edit:

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. xD I thought you meant the official Event. (this starts really getting confusing... so, I'm sorry...)

Yeah, the Scripts from the ROMs are actually fully working the way they are and they're actually ready for use.

It doesn't even needs an hex editor or anything else like that, they're fine the way they are.

We just thinking about when it's the right time to release the Tool or if there should be some beta testing of some sort.

You will even be able to make Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards in all European languages.

+ Old Sea Map Wonder Cards in all languages as well.

Actually, it's me who's trying this now. I don't even know if suloku knows what exactly he discovered there... :P

I'm now about to try to understand the logic behind of it. But I don't want to raise hopes too high.

I would even go this far and say that I fear it's impossible.

Too many small details that needs to be considered who're too unpredictable...

Chances are high that my little "work" wouldn't match with the actually distributed data.

I think there's no other way than dumping the original Event.

Edit:

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. xD I thought you meant the official Event. (this starts really getting confusing... so, I'm sorry...)

Yeah, the Scripts from the ROMs are actually fully working the way they are and they're actually ready for use.

It doesn't even needs an hex editor or anything else like that, they're fine the way they are.

We just thinking about when it's the right time to release the Tool or if there should be some beta testing of some sort.

You will even be able to make Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards in all European languages.

+ Old Sea Map Wonder Cards in all languages as well.

I remember suloku saying he wanted to release the tool when the remaining Europe events from Nintendo Italy were extracted. But with how long that's taking, who knows.

Yes, that was the plan.

Don't worry. A release will be coming soon.

Real.96 will send the carts to Nintendo soon he told me.

suloku's carts arrived this week, but French Ruby is actually still missing.

I fear that it could be that we won't get all Eon Tickets.

Let's hope that it arrives next week.

Another idea would be that HaxAras sends his French Ruby to Real as well.

Then we would have at least a French Ruby cart in reserve that could be send to Nintendo later.

Yes, that was the plan.

Don't worry. A release will be coming soon.

Real.96 will send the carts to Nintendo soon he told me.

suloku's carts arrived this week, but French Ruby is actually still missing.

I fear that it could be that we won't get all Eon Tickets.

Let's hope that it arrives next week.

Another idea would be that HaxAras sends his French Ruby to Real as well.

Then we would have at least a French Ruby cart in reserve that could be send to Nintendo later.

Good to know!

Nintendo told me that i can send carts to them. So people, don't worry and just wait! ;D unfortunately Nintendo isn't always so fast, i got the French Emerald after 2 weeks, so maybe you will have to wait also a month to get all the WC. We decided to divide the shipment into 2 shipments, sending 4 carts in the first ship and 2 carts in the second ship. And if French Ruby doesn't arrive, someone can send it to me or i'll buy another one from ebay (this time with a tracking code). Anyway i asked to the ebay seller how much time his shipment could take, i'm waiting for his answer

Just a side note. Customer support of Nintendo in Germany said they stopped supporting anything Game Boy Advance altogether and they won't accept carts. Good thing Italy apparently still does.

Nintendo Netherlands said the same.

Nintendo told me that i can send carts to them. So people, don't worry and just wait! ;D unfortunately Nintendo isn't always so fast, i got the French Emerald after 2 weeks, so maybe you will have to wait also a month to get all the WC. We decided to divide the shipment into 2 shipments, sending 4 carts in the first ship and 2 carts in the second ship. And if French Ruby doesn't arrive, someone can send it to me or i'll buy another one from ebay (this time with a tracking code). Anyway i asked to the ebay seller how much time his shipment could take, i'm waiting for his answer

You can send all 5 and the last one at a later time as we talked about via PM. :)

Other than that it will be fine, I also already talked with HaxAras, he would send yours as well if the bought French Ruby doesn't arrives.

You can send all 5 and the last one at a later time as we talked about via PM. :)

Other than that it will be fine, I also already talked with HaxAras, he would send yours as well if the bought French Ruby doesn't arrives.

I'll send all the 5 carts so. I'll do it tomorrow i think

I've just received an answer from the french seller of ruby. He told me that in France they are having problems for the shopping to other country, that's why french ruby is having a delay. He think i'll get it this week, I hope the same.

And for the 5 carts ship: i'm sorry but i can do it only on Friday >.< so in a 4 days i'll send carts to nintendo.

it's possible to dump the Jirachi or Berry Update Dsc to find out the distribution method inside the Disc??

It is possible, the ISO files of these discs are floating around the internet.

Once your GBA is connected to the disc a loading screen will pop up on your GBA. While it is loading it fixes the Berry glitch (if needed) and adds Jirachi/Zigzagoon directly to your party, if there's empty space.

The same method is used for Channel Jirachi and Ageto Celebi as well.

King Impoleon said:
it's possible to dump the Jirachi or Berry Update Dsc to find out the distribution method inside the Disc??

I know where to find the ISO of the Jirachi disk currently. I have the Berry Fix disk but I don't know a thing about dumping roms of disks.

Edited by HaxAras

It is possible, th

e ISO files of these discs are floating around the internet.

Once your GBA is connected to the disc a loading screen will pop up on your GBA. While it is loading it fixes the Berry glitch (if needed) and adds Jirachi/Zigzagoon directly to your party, if there's empty space.

The same method is used for Channel Jirachi and Ageto Celebi as well.

yes i know^_^

I have the Berry Fix /Jirachi & Celebi Bonus Disc TOO

but i think you not understand what i mean...

it is possible to find out the distribution method/Program inside the Disc ?

yes i know^_^

I have the Berry Fix /Jirachi & Celebi Bonus Disc TOO

but i think you not understand what i mean...

it is possible to find out the distribution method/Program inside the Disc ?

Yes, via dissassembly. But it's off-topic.

As far as I know Bond knows the Shiny Zigzagoon algorithm.

While the Jirachi algorithms for both Channel and Wishmkr were analyzed as well.

Not sure about the Celebi, but at least Nigoli downloded 111 of them from the disc.

We could open another Thread for things like that.

I'm interested in these things as well.