[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Been meaning to post about this, but I think you might as well remove the entry for the American Eon Ticket that isn't from the e-Card. There's no info on there being an event for it like in Japan and Europe.

The was a distribution at Toys R Us from July 19th to September 1st 2003. Did they only distribute the e-Cards or was it done with an distribution cart?

I could only find a news post on this site http://pkmn.net/?action=news&page=viewnews&id=290 but I think I read it somewhere else before.

"you'll get the Eon Ticket downloaded onto your cartridge" doesn't sound like they distrbuted e-Cards.

Unfortunately this might be lost in history though.

The was a distribution at Toys R Us from July 19th to September 1st 2003. Did they only distribute the e-Cards or was it done with an distribution cart?

I could only find a news post on this site http://pkmn.net/?action=news&page=viewnews&id=290 but I think I read it somewhere else before.

"you'll get the Eon Ticket downloaded onto your cartridge" doesn't sound like they distrbuted e-Cards.

Unfortunately this might be lost in history though.

A second tour? I'd assume that they were still from the e-Card (handed out or not), but it looks like we'll never know.

Guest KentaZX

So it seems that this thread is still alive.

so it looks like you guys are trying to get the europe events working, does that mean you guys got the events for the US pokemon emerald version? If so, is it possible now to easily get the aurora ticket, mystic ticket and old sea map in the .sav file now by editing it? Or are you guys still working on making an easy program to do it automactically as I've read earlier its one of your goals?

So it seems that this thread is still alive.

so it looks like you guys are trying to get the europe events working, does that mean you guys got the events for the US pokemon emerald version? If so, is it possible now to easily get the aurora ticket, mystic ticket and old sea map in the .sav file now by editing it? Or are you guys still working on making an easy program to do it automactically as I've read earlier its one of your goals?

Suloku's been working on a tool for both event injection and editing. For R/S it'll handle the e-Reader stuff (American Eon Ticket, Trainers, Berries and the Regi Dolls )and Europe's Eon Ticket (in all five languages) while for FRLG and Emerald it'll handle Wonder Cards (both the officially released events and unused events like Altering Cave and Battle Trainers similar to the e-Reader ones R/S got). He said he'll release the tool once all the European events are collected from Nintendo Italy. But if you don't want to wait for the tool, you can always resort to things like cheat devices, Morfeo's hacked events or Takasan's tool if you want events for the Japanese games.

Do you guys still need the American Mystic Tickets? I have a friend who still has his Mystic Ticket in Emerald. Next time I see him, I can dump his save for you. Should be able to do so in the next week or two. He got it from Nintendo World in New York back in '05. If any of you hang out on the Nintendo Age forums, he's Yukfou over there. All credit goes to him, obviously.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13365&stc=1

Do you guys still need the American Mystic Tickets? I have a friend who still has his Mystic Ticket in Emerald. Next time I see him, I can dump his save for you. Should be able to do so in the next week or two. He got it from Nintendo World in New York back in '05. If any of you hang out on the Nintendo Age forums, he's Yukfou over there. All credit goes to him, obviously.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13365&stc=1

YES!!! A miracle happened.

That's awesome! You're our savior! :)

I'm looking forward to it and would be so thankful if you could do that.

I've been following this thread for about 2-3 months now. For what ever reason, it randomly occurred to me last night that my friend had said something in passing about how he had obtained one of the third gen events. I sent him a text and he sent that pic back.

I really appreciate people like you who take the time to preserve these events, and it make me incredibly happy to know that I have a way to contribute!

That's a really cool story! BIG THANKS to your friend at this point as well.

This is infact a huge contribution. I'm searching all over the net and contacted many people, all without success.

So I'm relly happy how things turn out now.

Both of you will get credit for it. Because without you we might would have never known that he has the Mystic Ticket.

Btw. I can't see the picture for some reasons. Am I the only one here who can't see it?

That's a really cool story! BIG THANKS to your friend at this point as well.

This is infact a huge contribution. I'm searching all over the net and contacted many people, all without success.

So I'm relly happy how things turn out now.

Both of you will get credit for it. Because without you we might would have never known that he has the Mystic Ticket.

Btw. I can't see the picture for some reasons. Am I the only one here who can't see it?

Can't see it either.

Great! Is that a common problem with the built in image uploader?

Yeah, it is. Also I like how that Wonder Card is from the 2005 TCG World Championships. Never knew it was distributed there.

EDIT: Wait, your friend said he got it at Nintendo World, that distribution was before the TCG World Championships. What if all of the English Mystic Tickets have that event info?

I think it's maybe because of the picture size? I don't know.

I have uploaded only small pictures here so far. And only pngs most of the case...

Yeah, it is. Also I like how that Wonder Card is from the 2005 TCG World Championships. Never knew it was distributed there.

EDIT: Wait, your friend said he got it at Nintendo World, that distribution was before the TCG World Championships. What if all of the English Mystic Tickets have that event info?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/2005_World_Championships_(TCG)

Also, the 2005 TCG Championships were held in California.

So yeah, if the Mystic Ticket Wonder Card from Nintendo World had the text mentioning the 2005 TCG World Championships, that could mean they all did.

We might never know. Maybe there were different versions of Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards. It would be interesting to know when he received it exactly.

I'm just happy to even just have one of them. And I can't wait to check out the data and to see if there is something unique.

We might never know. Maybe there were different versions of Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards. It would be interesting to know when he received it exactly.

True. Oh well, it'll be possible to edit the text using suloku's tool once it's released. I'd assume the trash bytes would remain unchanged in such a case, though in the case of 100% custom events trash bytes won't even be a factor.

True. Oh well, it'll be possible to edit the text using suloku's tool once it's released. I'd assume the trash bytes would remain unchanged in such a case, though in the case of 100% custom events trash bytes won't even be a factor.

Just a few things that are on my mind... and that's why it would be good to know which month this one was received...

According to Bulbapedia the distribution started in the Nintendo World Store in New York at May 14th.

The TCG World Championships however started August 20th in San Diego, California.

Now it wouldn't make too much sense if they moved the distribution devices from the TCG to New York anyway, concidering they already had some in NYC.

So I think there's a chance you could be right and this was indeed in all of the Mystic Tickets and meant as some kind of commercial for the Tournament.

It would be very interesting to know if this one was received before or after the TCG World Championships 2005.

Also why would they make so much effort to make different distribution devices with different Wonder Card text in this case?

The timespan for each of the Events was really short.

Just a few things that are on my mind... and that's why it would be good to know which month this one was received...

According to Bulbapedia the distribution started in the Nintendo World Store in New York at May 14th.

The TCG World Championships however started August 20th in San Diego, California.

Now it wouldn't make too much sense if they moved the distribution devices from the TCG to New York anyway, concidering they already had some in NYC.

So I think there's a chance you could be right and this was indeed in all of the Mystic Tickets and meant as some kind of commercial for the Tournament.

It would be very interesting to know if this one was received before or after the TCG World Championships 2005.

Also why would they make so much effort to make different distribution devices with different Wonder Card text in this case?

The timespan for each of the Events was really short.

Exactly. Having just one Wonder Card for all the devices saves time and money on manufacturing. Plus I can see them using the Wonder Cards as a way to build up hype for the 2005 TCG World Championships.

ajxpkm asked me to work on a project and here it is.

Pokemon Ruby (French) - Complete save with the Mystery Gift activated and saved in front of Norman.

(The save only has one Pokemon. I figured If I was putting 15 hours of work in, other people could put 5 minutes in to move some Pokemon over. I'm working on a French living dex and after I found a shiny Oddish and spent probably 30 minutes catching Voltorb, Electrode and Groudon and everything having my OT, I'd keep them to myself.)

Edited by HaxAras

Guest KentaZX
Suloku's been working on a tool for both event injection and editing. For R/S it'll handle the e-Reader stuff (American Eon Ticket, Trainers, Berries and the Regi Dolls )and Europe's Eon Ticket (in all five languages) while for FRLG and Emerald it'll handle Wonder Cards (both the officially released events and unused events like Altering Cave and Battle Trainers similar to the e-Reader ones R/S got). He said he'll release the tool once all the European events are collected from Nintendo Italy. But if you don't want to wait for the tool, you can always resort to things like cheat devices, Morfeo's hacked events or Takasan's tool if you want events for the Japanese games.

I can wait for the tool, considering ive only beaten the third gym in emerald just recently, and I'm gonna be playing pokemon xD very soon. Glad to know its gonna happen in general so thank you for the update.