[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

EDIT: I had hope the text in italian eon ticket script would be the same as in the debug rom, but nope :( (https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=209331&viewfull=1#post209331)

That's not only in the Debug Ruby, you can find this text in all the retail games. But unfortunately it's only text, there's no script.

EDIT: Ok, just ignore this.

Edited by BlackShark

That's not only in the Debug Ruby, you can find this text in all the retail games. But unfortunately it's only text, there's no script.

He knows that.

What he actually meant is that the text is different, so we couldn't use it for example to recreate the missing Events and claim they would be identical to the original ones.

But I think that we don't have too much to worry about. We will just collect the missing ones from Italy. It shouldn't be a too big deal! :cool:

In regards to our PM,

I'll like to send you my Pokemon Sapphire (English)

I should be able to use my NDS + flash cart to do a before-after save :)

Great! With this we could have completed the English European Events.

Then we would need only 3 more Eon Tickets. (French - German - Spanish)

EDIT:

Regarding the Aurora Tickets on Emerald.

There's another person who managed to download it on Emerald at an official Event.

I found this on the german pokémon fan site "filb.de":

Take a look at the Header... looks like the German Aurora Ticket on Emerald is aligned differently? This is kinda unexpected for me.

(edit: Mystery solved! It's the same in all Emerald Aurora Tickets. Totally forgot that the text in the western Emerald Versions was a bit smaller as in FRLG.)

He states that it could be claimed on the GBA SPs (which had Emerald cartridges in them) in the Pikachu Bus. I wonder if it's true...

Makes me wonder if there were different ways of distribution.

Maybe one with an original cartridge that has an Wonder Card with sharing feature? (+0x40, only sharable on the original save file and not shareable for the receiver...)

That would explain a lot and also gives me an idea how an alternative distribution for us could look like!

Especially for those who want an different way of distribution than using a Tool.

edit2:

Here are 2 cheap French games.

Anyone wants to buy them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-VERSION-RUBIS-pour-GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-/351720748304?hash=item51e430b510:g:V0AAAOSw~oFXI6-5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-EMERAUDE-pour-GBA-SP-DS-LITE-/121975102259?hash=item1c66485b33:g:B0UAAOSwHgVW8ERP

Edited by ajxpkm

Buying old games on eBay is cheaper than sending it to Italy, I think. We can make a contribution.

Yes, it's the truth. I don't know, i can give you my paypal info and then i send you proofs when i'll buy the games. It's not a problem for me. You can trut me, because i'm really interested in this project and i can't exctract wc by myself.

Good to know Nintendo Italy has us covered with Europe events. Now we just need to figure out how to get that pesky English Mystic Ticket (without resorting to suloku's tool when that's out, which I'm fine with if there's no other way).

OK, current feature list and a little todo list:

* export/injectWC3 to all games (woncercards)

* export/inject WN3 to all games (wondernews)

* export/inject trainers to all games (it is the same offset for jap/international, no difference with what an e-reader does to the savefile)

* export mistery event+script for RS/E (not sure about the uses for emerald, same changes when injected with e-reader and with changes via official nintendo Italy and taka's tools)

* enable eon ticket in emerald the same way as taka's tool does (not legit in anything else than JAP)

* enable mistery event and mistery gift in the save (just for convenience, but in-game enabling is recommended)

* Editors for WC3 (eng), WN3 (eng), trainer and mistery event (can modify item and cuantity, as well as change the script)

* Secret base decoration editor (I would need someone to test with JAP RS and emerald, but should be the same) --> this can be used to get the regi dolls, changes in the save are the same as when using the e-reader card.

* fix checksums and also export a "sorted" current save and old save for easy hex compare

To do:

* Investigate how enigma berry works (luckily, we have the e-cards, should be easy. The best would be that only the e-berry data is put in the save)and make an editor (structure already researched before, so easy to do)

* Export trainer as vpk for e-reader savegame injection? Ideally I may be able to export as e-reader save... but maybe there would be copyright problems?

* WC3 Editor:

- add the give egg experimental script from the roms and allow customizing pokemon and move (all languages, Emerald and FRLG, maybe would work on RS?)

- allow to unset the flag that gets set by the give gg script

- add custom give egg script that kills itself and allows customizing all 4 moves, met location and maybe something else? (only english, Emerald and FRLG, maybe would work on RS?)

- add custom configurable give pokemon script (only english, Emerald and FRLG, maybe would work on RS?)

- add custom configurable give item script (only english, Emerald and FRLG, maybe would work on RS?)

* Check what morfeo codes actually do to the savegame (specially for trainer, berry and regi dolls events), also check what the scripts do.

* Check trainer card, trainer survey and stamp card scripts, see what they were intended to do and if we can do something with them.

* Create wc3 files for altering cave event for all languages using the rom script.

About mistery event in emerald: I would need to make sure about the offsets/sizes, since there was no event done on emerald, we don't know were the script is supposed to be activated. Maybe they scrapped the mistery event scripts (eon ticket does not have a script, but a flag is enabled and an in-game event starts) and enigma berry occupies the place of the script. Are there enigma berry e-cards for emerald?

suloku said:
OK, current feature list and a little todo list:

* Secret base decoration editor (I would need someone to test with JAP RS and emerald, but should be the same) --> this can be used to get the regi dolls, changes in the save are the same as when using the e-reader card.

I got you.

suloku said:
About mistery event in emerald: I would need to make sure about the offsets/sizes, since there was no event done on emerald, we don't know were the script is supposed to be activated. Maybe they scrapped the mistery event scripts (eon ticket does not have a script, but a flag is enabled and an in-game event starts) and enigma berry occupies the place of the script. Are there enigma berry e-cards for emerald?

Please don't quote me on this. I could be entirely wrong. But I don't *Think* the Japanese E-reader berries work with the Japanese Emerald. I'm currently playing through Pokemon Emerald on my English cart, with the intention of backing it up and writing it to my Japanese cart for convenience. I'll be able to scan the E-reader berries in and record it and show you what (If anything) happens.

Also, remember before when I said

HaxAras said:
I fully intend to buy Pokemon games in every single language. If I can get my hands on enough money, and somebody from Europe could help me track down the carts. I could pay for them all, have them mailed to you and then Nintendo. Have the saves extracted before finally being sent to me.

Well, I got a small sum of money and bought those 2 French? games somebody linked to. So thanks for that! I'll check out the save files and see if they have any. If they don't, I'll make some to receive the tickets, back up the saves and then send them off to Europe to be injected. That is the plan right?

Edit: My wording is terrible.

When I get the French? games, I'll boot them up to see if they have an active save file. If yes, I'll send them off to Europe to be injected. If not, I'll start new save files, progress the story and activate the Mystery Gift before sending them to Europe to be injected.

Edited by HaxAras

Awesome!

I was considering to get them myself but as a collector I guess you would value these cartridges more than I would do...

Well then...

Now we only need German Ruby or Sapphire + Emerald.

And Spanish Ruby or Sapphire + Emerald.

Btw. suloku found this great deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-ESMERALDA-GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-GBA-ENVIOS-COMBINADOS-/191866624300?hash=item2cac24592c:g:l1wAAOSw1DtXLje~

ajxpkm said:
Awesome!

I was considering to get them myself but as a collector I guess you would value these cartridges more than I would do...

Well then...

Now we only need German Ruby or Sapphire + Emerald.

And Spanish Ruby or Sapphire + Emerald.

Btw. suloku found this great deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-ESMERALDA-GAME-BOY-ADVANCE-GBA-ENVIOS-COMBINADOS-/191866624300?hash=item2cac24592c:g:l1wAAOSw1DtXLje~

Yeah, seriously. You guys are being so helpful to me! I have no idea how to tell which games belong to which region and I intend to track down a complete collection anyway. Also thanks for the Ebay link! I just bought that Emerald version too so you can cross it off the list when I get it.

Edited by HaxAras

There is Morfeo's Regidoll script for Emerald. It works if injected into save section 4 at 0x854 or in RAM at 0x020290D4.

I just don't understand the checksum, it seems they don't use the simple 32 bit sum they had used in RS.

What is the plan? You send me the cartridges? Is not better to make me buy them directly?

Yes, that what I thought so too, but he says he would like to collect them anyway.

Let's just get the missing ones.

Real.96 said:
What is the plan? You send me the cartridges? Is not better to make me buy them directly?

If you buy them directly, I'd be happy to buy them off of you later on if you'd re-sell them. But yeah, I bought 3 of the ones posted and intend to buy more for my personal collection and to help with the thread.

Edited by HaxAras

Oh sorry, I totally missunderstood. So morfeo used the mistery event script in emerald, I thought he used wondercard, that's actually really good since that means I'll be able to add correct support for it. We'll have to crack the checksum though.

Figuring out how a checksum is computed is not easy to deal with.

Everything you could do is finding a command in the ROM that's pointing to the RAM location and then check out what's the ASM saying.

Just in case if you really want to mess with the checksum...

I just don't know if there's a good use for this?

And as we all know Morfeo's Events are all scripted and texted by himself and he loves to leave his mark everywhere for some reason.

I think it's just weird if we "steal" his work and translate and reuse it as ours...

Instead I think it wouldn't it be much cooler if we make fully customized Events by ourself?

But for this we would have to learn how to script. And I'm no genius when it comes to that, I was never a ROM hacker.

Besides I don't know how much people would be really interested in having such fantasy events in their save files.

I think most people are rather interested in the official stuff from GameFreak, which was the main purpose of this Thread.

We should better use our time and think about how we can localize these e-Berries. :)

Because there's a bunch of work to do regarding them...

ajxpkm said:
I think most people are rather interested in the official stuff from GameFreak, which was the main purpose of this Thread.

We should better use our time and think about how we can localize these e-Berries. :)

Because there's a bunch of work to do regarding them...

Being able to craft some of these custom events would be cool. But couldn't we just use the A-save editor for that anyway? Most of the E-berries are in English. Wouldn't we just need to translate the Japanese ones and then find a way to insert them into all games?

Edited by HaxAras

Uh,? But... I already know how to make scripts for gen 3, there's plenty tutorials and documentation out there (and inside the game). I want to check morfeo codes because I'm curious about them, for the scripts I mentioned I want to do I don't need to steal anyones work.

Ps: did I mention the official give egg event has already been added and works wonders?