[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

I wished we could send them an English and a French FireRed/LeafGreen game.

With this we could collect the two missing Aurora Tickets. Btw. regarding them there's something I want to share with you later.

I worked on something yesterday that could solve our problem with the missing Aurora Tickets in case we don't get them otherwise.

For this it would be cool if we could collect the Aurora Tickets for Emerald as well.

To send them a Spanish Emerald cartridge would be the best!

I've already sent some cartridges to Nintendo of Italy and I just wait for them to send them back to me. Emerald, Fire Red & Leaf Green. However, I sent Italian cartridges with restored save files in multiple languages. For example, Italian Fire Red cartridge with a Spanish save file, etc. What language should I expect the Wondercards to be in? I tried to cover all the languages from the 1st post of this thread.

If I restore ROMs from different regions (Spanish Emerald ROM in an Italian Emerald cartridge) and then restore the save files into the cartridges, would it be possible to get Wondercards from different regions?

How did you know where to send the game carts to? maybe Nintendo still does this in the UK / other countries for example.

If not maybe we could send a English copy of the game to Nintendo in Italy, I guess if someone outside Italy did that then getting Nintendo to post it back might be the issue there.

Nintendo of Italy sends you an email with the address you have to sent the cartridge(s) to, so I used that address. As far as I know, Nintendo of Italy is the only representative of Nintendo that offers this kind of service.

For those asking if a tool has been coded: it has and works fine for FRLG and Emerald wondercards. I'm still deciding the WC3 format, because I don't want to have to change the .wc3 file format later. I'm gonna see what happens to the WC data when you "toss" it from the game, see if there's any other relevant data in the save that is part of the wondercard but is not checksumed.

My tool is basically an uglier version of lostaddict's. When I'm sure about the wc3 structure, I'll probably embed the known legit wondercards in the program, so you just have to drag and drop a gen 3 save and select the wondercard you want to inject to the savefile. Of course external .wc3 files will be able to be injected too.

I know people are waiting for a release, but releasing an editing tool might (even though it is unlikely) lead to fake wondercards being contributed and I'm sure no one wants that.

I have been challenging the capabilities of the wonder card gba has some limitations

You can not put PID Pokemons the special types.

You can not give Pokemons with EO and specific ID

To make a good editor I suggest you combine with EXE 1.1

and make a template with commands

Can you please tell more about this?

If I correctly understand, this video shows a custom wondercard that enables a romaing celebi? I guess the script in the wondercard is probably a modified version of the roaming pokemon event script? Or is this another kind of hack?

I don't really know anything about gen 3 scripting, but it seems pretty powerful.

That being said, as I've stated before my main goal is a way to dump/restore OFFICIAL events we can get from legit saves.

Event recreation and WC editing is a fun side effect of this thread's research.

Nintendo of Italy sends you an email with the address you have to sent the cartridge(s) to, so I used that address. As far as I know, Nintendo of Italy is the only representative of Nintendo that offers this kind of service.

I'm presuming you have to call them up / email them to start the process then?

I can't speak Italian, however their's always Google Translate. I'd certainly be interested in trying with an English version of a GBA Pokemon game, i imagine getting Nintendo to post the game outside of Italy will be the hard thing though.

Alternatively maybe someone could send you / someone in Italy an English Pokemon GBA game to try with? or someone in Italy could buy a cheap English Pokemon GBA game on Ebay to try with.

If I restore ROMs from different regions (Spanish Emerald ROM in an Italian Emerald cartridge) and then restore the save files into the cartridges, would it be possible to get Wondercards from different regions?

You can't restore a ROM.

Nintendo of Spain at least offered that service in the past. I'm not sure if it's still possible though.

I'm presuming you have to call them up / email them to start the process then?

I can't speak Italian, however their's always Google Translate. I'd certainly be interested in trying with an English version of a GBA Pokemon game, i imagine getting Nintendo to post the game outside of Italy will be the hard thing though.

Alternatively maybe someone could send you / someone in Italy an English Pokemon GBA game to try with? or someone in Italy could buy a cheap English Pokemon GBA game on Ebay to try with.

I thought about buying gba games of a different region, but it really costs a lot with shipment cost...If some one want to send me his gba game so i can send it to nintendo, for me it's not a problem. But i don't think someone will send me his game ahahah

I wished we could send them an English and a French FireRed/LeafGreen game.

With this we could collect the two missing Aurora Tickets. Btw. regarding them there's something I want to share with you later.

I worked on something yesterday that could solve our problem with the missing Aurora Tickets in case we don't get them otherwise.

For this it would be cool if we could collect the Aurora Tickets for Emerald as well.

To send them a Spanish Emerald cartridge would be the best!

Maybe i can send an english one of a friend

If we start to sending again our carts, illegal events on the past may be legal in 2016. lol

Or even italian events on french games, for example.

No, if you send French game to Nintendo Italy, you will get a french Wondercard.

I think I have some bad news...

During my research I revisited some of the save files I recognised that the American Mystic Ticket I have is a fake.

It has the Script of the Aurora Ticket and turns out to be a hacked Wonder Card.

I want to apologize at this point that I didn't saw this earlier.

I completely overlooked this because it came from a trusted source who I thought is reliable.

(He got it from someone from Mexico... another hacked WC from there... coincidence? :rolleyes:)

So unfortunately now the American Mystic Ticket is missing too...

Yeah, but in terms of legallity, if you send games from countries that not had the event in the past, you can get it legally.

If in the past you went in italy (for example) to get that event with a french game, you could get it. So there is no difference from before.

Sorry for the double posts. My friend has got english version of rf or lf. I just called him and he will give me his game to send them to nintendo italy ;) He doesn't remember if he also has got emerald, ruby or saphir (always english). He is now searching them. In these days i'll send the games to nintendo :D

This is great!

We only need FR or LG since we already have an English Aurora Ticket on Emerald.

Btw.

Is anyone interested to trade with this guy?

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49446/t2138333-ft-gen-iii-save-files-unclaimed-tickets-visible-wondercards-lf-other-gen-iii-save-files-more-unhatched-gba-event-egg/

He claims that he has an PokéPark Egg Wonder Card save file.

If it's true and this is legit it would be PURE gold...

Edit:

Let's see if he trades with me. :D

He's looking for savefiles, so maybe he is willing to contribute to the project?

Yeah and this would be cool, but I will not ask him about if he wants to contribute.

Because maybe he doesn't and I respect that.

But I mean it sounds like he knows my name. Maybe he wants to know something about this.

I was working with someone on that forum and it was kinda like a "give and take"-working relationship which is nice.

Anyway, he says he will back it up as soon as he can and it will take a while.

I'm really glad he's up for it! Maybe we can finally learn about the Egg Events.

I tried to use the Japanese tool (TicketPEe) on a Japanese emerald save file to enable the Mew event. But it didn't give me the wondercard. Is that normal? Does it only active the event without giving the wondercard?
-To view the respective Wonder Card, please make sure to use a real GBA with Wireless Adapter or VBALink 1.8 > Options > Link > Wireless Adapter > ON

:wink: