[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Yes, I figured the offsets, as I said my tool works just fine for emerald and fr/lg.

I haven't released yet because I wanted to solve the wc3 structure befor that, right now it is wc+script, which leaves out the icon. My concern is if there's any other data besides the icon that was injected in official distribution, because that would have to also be included in the wc3 file.

I've finished reading the thread, most important thing is that damn checksum, I'll see if I can figure it out today.

Also, I think a file with all saves collected so far with legit distributed wondercards should be done and made available. You are the only one in possesion of all collected events right now, and if something happens it would be a shame we have to start over compilating events.

ps: seems like checksumed wc data is 332 bytes after all.

EDIT: Emerald offsets (section 4):

Wondercard 0x56C (4 bytes checksum + 332 bytes wc data)

Blue Man script 0x8A8 (4 bytes checksum + 1000 bytes script data)

Don't worry, I will share the save files with you soon.

I just can't upload them here since most of the people I got them from don't want them to spread in public.

But I attached 2 save files to this post who're public anyway.

No save file requests please, this is a research Thread.

I have everything you can see in the list in the first post.

Don't worry, we're working on a way to distribute something, so stay tuned.

It would be certainly possible. I'm not sure about how the sending would work, but we know pokemon box sends a binary to the games so it connects to them, modifying the iso with a custom binary that modifies the save should be possible, but since that would need homebrew to boot the modified iso, directly reading the save and modifying it via GC homebrew is easier.

So good news, I have the working checksum algorythm, WC creation/modification is possible again.

Still need to know if there's more data besides the icon that is part of the wondercard distribution, but not part of the checksum regions. For now I think I'll extend the WC3 (wc+script) so the wc part includes the data until the icon (348 bytes instead of 332 if I'm not mistaken), I could just add the icon byte, but all the other data seems to be 0x00 and might be part of the WC since the icon comes after it.

http://puu.sh/owISL/b7a918be2f.png

A morfeo card with different color and no-distributable.

Basically we are back at page 4 of this thread, the difference is I don't know how to view/edit the WC or the delivery man scripts. I've found a pokemon script editing tool, so it seems the info is around somewhere.

Congratulations. :biggrin:

Finally another person who can create some Wonder Cards with me.

Btw. I think the only Script that should be interesting for editing is the Pokémon Egg Present one.

Just try to change the Pokémon and the Special Moves it has.

This is something that would be nice in an Editor.

We could edit a event item script to remove event flags in order to only receive an item, but that's probably what morfeo's berry/doll wcs do.

I think I've read you can obtain gift pokemon this way too? Maybe gen 3 scripting can do much more, maybe the wc scripts could be open with existing script editors for gen 3?

Editing the wc text, background and icon is quite easy.

EDIT:

For a full editor, with some template scripts were we just modify the item/pokemon/egg to be receiveid it would be more than enough.

We can use morpheo's or the ones in the roms for that, or even write them from scratch.

Edited by suloku

I have been challenging the capabilities of the wonder card gba has some limitations

You can not put PID Pokemons the special types.

You can not give Pokemons with EO and specific ID

To make a good editor I suggest you combine with EXE 1.1

and make a template with commands

There is no program yet, but we are currently working on it. Hopefully we will have one soon.

Is it close to finally being created or still a long way to go? Cause I've been looking at this thread for months now but I have no idea what you guys always talk about.

Is it close to finally being created or still a long way to go? Cause I've been looking at this thread for months now but I have no idea what you guys always talk about.

Well the first two people who were working on the tool never finished it, but now we have a third person, who has the knowledge to make a tool and is making it as we speak. I cannot say for him when he will release it or be done. But at the rate he is going, it shouldn't be too long.

Hey guys, if Nintendo italy still gives event tickets, i'll send them my italian ruby, emerald and red fire. I saw we miss the eon ticket, so i will really like to contribuite with the save file. I wrote to Nintendo and i'm waiting for the answer.

Hey guys, if Nintendo italy still gives event tickets, i'll send them my italian ruby, emerald and red fire. I saw we miss the eon ticket, so i will really like to contribuite with the save file. I wrote to Nintendo and i'm waiting for the answer.

I think someone on this forum already found EON TICKET save file (injected by NINTENDO Italy), but you can do it too. It would be useful.

I think someone on this forum already found EON TICKET save file (injected by NINTENDO Italy), but you can do it too. It would be useful.

In the OP there is the "?" near Italian Eon Ticket, so i think we miss it. Anyway i'll do it, because i want them. Nintendo just answered me and told me that it's still possibile to send them only Emerald, FireRed for Aurora Ticket and Sapphire for Son Ticket. I'll write here when i'll received back my games to share (if needed) the sapphire save file.

In the OP there is the "?" near Italian Eon Ticket, so i think we miss it. Anyway i'll do it, because i want them. Nintendo just answered me and told me that it's still possibile to send them only Emerald, FireRed for Aurora Ticket and Sapphire for Son Ticket. I'll write here when i'll received back my games to share (if needed) the sapphire save file.

Oh my bad. User that found EON TICKET thought it was Italian, but it was from US e-Card.

@Real.96 and anyone else from Italy:

If you have any other language versions beside Italian you should ask for Tickets for them too.

The European distribution devices support all European languages, so technically there shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately i've got only italian version...

Awesome. Nintendo still gives tickets? Then they still have the official machine/way.

If only we could make a friend there, an infiltrate... Real.96, please, send some italian delights. I don't know what, but it doesn't matter. In Spain we do it with serrano ham, it works fine.

Awesome. Nintendo still gives tickets? Then they still have the official machine/way.

If only we could make a friend there, an infiltrate... Real.96, please, send some italian delights. I don't know what, but it doesn't matter. In Spain we do it with serrano ham, it works fine.

AHAHAHAHAH i can try to do it xD anyway, maybe i've got a friend with German games