[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Years ago, European players had the option of mailing their game in to Nintendo of Europe, and they could add event tickets to your save file. Despite that, they only offered Eon Ticket and Aurora Ticket, leading me to believe that such a distribution cartridge/machine for Mysticticket never existed for Europe. They never offered Old Sea Map either, for the same reason.

fwiw, Serebii's event database also shows Mysticticket as US/JP-only.

Oh, FIX94 just made a way to backup and restore saves via a Wii/GCN + a GBA<->GCN link cable, so now we need to somehow add it into the save.

That would be really easy to do given the code to dump/restore is already available, but is the needed data/information available? I haven't seen any pc tools on the thread besides taka's, which only work with jap games.

That would be really easy to do given the code to dump/restore is already available, but is the needed data/information available? I haven't seen any pc tools on the thread besides taka's, which only work with jap games.

If you look somewhere in all the posts, there was a mini program released, I think by comradesean, that added the Tickets only to firered and leaf green. But I'm not sure where it is, plus the program wasn't very reliable, but we do have that.

Sorry folks,

I haven't posted here anymore because there's nothing new to share and I have a lot of things to do. (real life...)

Besides it looks like comradesean is gone so I'm thinking about handing the project over to someone else.

And don't worry, as long as I'm here this project will stay alive.

Sorry folks,

I haven't posted here anymore because there's nothing new to share and I have a lot of things to do. (real life...)

Besides it looks like comradesean is gone so I'm thinking about handing the project over to someone else.

And don't worry, as long as I'm here this project will stay alive.

Did you get lostaddict's program or the code to that program before he disappeared?

Did you get lostaddict's program or the code to that program before he disappeared?

I can't remember if I told you guys about it earlier but I have an Alpha version of the program and also it was me who was collecting and dumping all the scripts ect. and I still have all the files. Also I was the one who found a document that was leading us right to the checksum routine itself, which is how we figured out the algorithm and the information for this one I would not like to easily give away, because I would like to avoid it being abused.

So the person who's willing to do this job has to figure it out by himself. That's also what comradesean did before I gave him the job. I would like to test the skills of that person who wants to work on this and I will only give a few hints. :D Other than that, I think maybe it's better if we start to document all the offsets that are important here. Like for example, the offset locations where they have to be injected to... Because what really bugs me is that so much work has been already done but these informations are not shared.

Leaving us no other choice but going to research back again and it's completely unnecessary and I think these informations should be made public so that the next person doesn't has to do it all over again.

(Like I said... with the checksum routine as the only exception, because I don't want to see it being leaked public...)

I can't remember if I told you guys about it earlier but I have an Alpha version of the program and also it was me who was collecting and dumping all the scripts ect. and I still have all the files. Also I was the one who found a document that was leading us right to the checksum routine itself, which is how we figured out the algorithm and the information for this one I would not like to easily give away, because I would like to avoid it being abused.

So the person who's willing to do this job has to figure it out by himself. That's also what comradesean did before I gave him the job. I would like to test the skills of that person who wants to work on this and I will only give a few hints. :D Other than that, I think maybe it's better if we start to document all the offsets that are important here. Like for example, the offset locations where they have to be injected to... Because what really bugs me is that so much work has been already done but these informations are not shared.

Leaving us no other choice but going to research back again and it's completely unnecessary and I think these informations should be made public so that the next person doesn't has to do it all over again.

(Like I said... with the checksum routine as the only exception, because I don't want to see it being leaked public...)

I recommend sharing the info with suloku, as he obviously has the skills to make a program for gen 3 saves https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48291-Feebas-Fishing-Spot-value-%28Ru-Sa-Em%29 .

I decided to upload the dumped Scripts which were found inside the ROMs und dumped by me.

Propably these were meant to be as templates for all the Events that were planned to be distributed.

With some of them never making it to be released as an officially distributed Event.

- It includes all the Ticket Events.

- The Pokémon Egg Event which gives an Egg with Pichu that has Surf as a Special Move and was possibly used for the PokéPark Eggs, PCJP 2004 Eggs and PCNY Wish Eggs.

- The never used Altering Cave Event

- The never used Trainer Survey Event which is incomplete without Trainer data that needs to be injected in some way

- The never used Trainer Card Event which I guess is part of the Trainer Survey Event (needs some clarification, I don't know much about this one...)

- The never used Stamp Card Event which I don't know what it is and just dumped because it seems to belong to the other ones

- And the Old Sea Map exclusively for Emerald

The archive also includes a txt file I made with documented informations about the data size and the original locations were these Scripts are found.

These are also the Scripts we will use for the Mystery Gift Editor Tool. Because ONLY with them we can give seamingless support for all of the respective versions.

Could you please share lostaddict's tool with us ?

I have the skills to code an injector extractor even for gamecube since the "difficult" code is open source (gc-gba comunication protocol and gba save block handling), but if I have the skills to figure out the info for that is something I don't know.

I don't see what harm would do sharing the info at this point in the games lifetime though, but the script dumps are something great to have.

It would be interesting to have a tool that emulates Wonder Spots. You know, these machines (Wonder Spots) were used for downloading Wonder Cards to your game, when you connect your GBA to them using Wireless Adapter. You could find them on real life events (like Pokémon Festa).

U9JkZja.png

(Wonder Spot from Pokémon Festa 2005 in Japan. It was used for downloading Old Sea Map.)

Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to make tool for Wonder Spots :frown:

I have the skills to code an injector extractor even for gamecube since the "difficult" code is open source (gc-gba comunication protocol and gba save block handling), but if I have the skills to figure out the info for that is something I don't know.

I don't see what harm would do sharing the info at this point in the games lifetime though, but the script dumps are something great to have.

Feel free to do whatever you like.

I guess we need an new Mystery Gift Editor AND possibly an (improved) Injection Tool for the officially distributed Events...

I would love to see a Tool from you, also since lostaddict is gone now and comradesean as well.

Now I would like to explain why I'm hestitating with making the checksum algorithm public.

The reason is because I'm working together with the collectors scene.

The thing is that I have still a little bit hope that I could get a few more Mystery Gift saves files we don't have yet.

The chances are very small, but there's still hope and as long as the Mystery Gift save files are still rare, they have a higher trade value.

This could be useful to lure out rare Mystery Gift Events we don't have collected yet.

So it's also a matter of effeciency and we should carefully decide when it's the best time to release something and think about how it affects trades.

But then I must say that I haven't heard anything from the person I worked with since end of last year.

He was onto something huge and then it became silent around him all over sudden.

Anyway, I would let you decide when you want to release your Tool when it's done.

The algorithm however should still be kept as a secret, at least for now.

Btw. the funny thing is that some fractioned information for the algorithm are inside this thread... lol

So it's not even a big secret anymore. But with the thread becoming this large who would do the effort to collect all the pieces together?

Even I completely lost the overview of this thread...

:wink:

It would be interesting to have a tool that emulates Wonder Spots. You know, these machines (Wonder Spots) were used for downloading Wonder Cards to your game, when you connect your GBA to them using Wireless Adapter. You could find them on real life events (like Pokémon Festa).

U9JkZja.png

(Wonder Spot from Pokémon Festa 2005 in Japan. It was used for downloading Old Sea Map.)

That's exactly the kind of thing I want. But unfortunately, we'd need someone willing to dump one of the Aurora Ticket distribution carts. At this point, I wouldn't count on it. Which is why I'd settle on a GameCube/Wii or DS homebrew solution.

On another note, I'd also love if somebody dumped one of the 10th Anniversary carts as well, but that's even less likely.

Hello. I was working on a similar project in a spanish forum many years ago, but at the moment we can't do anything (legal problems? Flanderism? I don't know) and part of the work has vanished. I met suloku in that forum last month, and now I'm interested in the 3rd gen Mistery Gift again. I used to read Project Pokémon forums, but when I saw this thread I had to say hello, at least.

I'd like to help, if I can.

U9JkZja.png

THIS is my dream. I also remember a strange GBA cartridge in a spanish event, in Madrid. I had to connect my GBA with Pokémon Ruby using link cable to another GBA with this cartridge for downloading Eon Ticket.

THIS is my dream. I also remember a strange GBA cartridge in a spanish event, in Madrid. I had to connect my GBA with Pokémon Ruby using link cable to another GBA with this cartridge for downloading Eon Ticket.

Pokemon Ruby and Saphire didn't used Mystery Gift system. They used different system called "Mystery Event". The most of Mystery Events required e-Reader and e-Cards (like EON TICKET Event). Unlike Mystery Gifts, Mystery Events were distributed with a link cable, not with Wireless Adapter.

E-Reader Mystery Event distribution can be also emulated. :redface:

[video=youtube;zSrLvgGbB2Y]video

Here's a video I found. It shows how to emulate EON TICKET distribution. I hope this helped.