[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Erm, I tested comeradesean's took on Firered v1.0 and v1.1 and it only worked in v1.1, so it clearly does have something to do with it. And unless I completely misinterpreted his comment, I believe comradesean said we need the Wonder Card from each version.

I believe comradesean said we need the Wonder Card from each version.

Exactly. At least when it comes to the "Official" Mystery Gift Event Injection Tool.

When it comes to the other Tool, I hope that lostaddict will provide us with the data of his Tool.

It would save us a lot of time because there's a lot work that has been already done.

By the way... I will only post something new if there is actually something new.

I'm still on this project, it's just that I don't see any reason to post as long as there's nothing new to share.

I would also like to kindly remind you guys that this is a Research Thread and not a Chat and that streching this Thread makes this work just a bit more difficult.

Even for me and even tho I know this Thread, it's kinda hard to follow when I have to read so many posts.

Maybe we should make a table of content to point at the important informations we have so far, would make things a lot easier and clearer.

On the other hand, I don't see too much of a reason for it, since the Research is like 99% complete.

Only thing that's still missing are the Mystery Gift Events we don't have yet.

For them I will make a more detailed list in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have this question: If a certain Gen III save file has received more than one Wondercards, is it possible to retrieve Wondercard data from the non-last Wondercard or the data of the previous Wondercard(s) are completely replaced by the latest ones?

Hello, I have this question: If a certain Gen III save file has received more than one Wondercards, is it possible to retrieve Wondercard data from the non-last Wondercard or the data of the previous Wondercard(s) are completely replaced by the latest ones?

The previous wondercard would be replaced. There's not enough space for more.

Even if there are trashbytes they wouldn't be usefull, because most of the data would have been replaced (there shouldn't be any, but I'm not totally sure).

Apologies for being a noob at this currently, but from what I can gather this is savegame /injection/. Has anyone ever thought about sending the Wonder Card through something such as a GCN/Wii with homebrew on? Considering GBA<->GCN cables are very cheap, and homebrew is free, it could be possible considering not everyone can dump their save.

Apologies for being a noob at this currently, but from what I can gather this is savegame /injection/. Has anyone ever thought about sending the Wonder Card through something such as a GCN/Wii with homebrew on? Considering GBA<->GCN cables are very cheap, and homebrew is free, it could be possible considering not everyone can dump their save.

For a more portable method, how about DS Homebrew that injects via Slot 2? Then again, if you have a flash card and a DS Phat or Lite, you already have a way to dump GBA saves.

I can do SLOT-2 dumping (I have 2 original DSes), but I'd like some sort of way to connect to my Wii/another DS (SLOT-1 card) and then does the stuff itself. Also, there are Nintendo gifts that ran through a GCN to the GBA in the Mystery Gift menu, so we could look into that.

For a more portable method, how about DS Homebrew that injects via Slot 2? Then again, if you have a flash card and a DS Phat or Lite, you already have a way to dump GBA saves.

Yeah, but that would be pretty cool, cause you'd just have a makeshift "distributor" homebrew, and you just plug Gen. III game in, do the thing, get the event, done. And you could use it to easily give events to your friends or something.

It would almost feel like an actual official event, except at home :P

Yeah, but that would be pretty cool, cause you'd just have a makeshift "distributor" homebrew, and you just plug Gen. III game in, do the thing, get the event, done. And you could use it to easily give events to your friends or something.

It would almost feel like an actual official event, except at home :P

Exactly!

I can do SLOT-2 dumping (I have 2 original DSes), but I'd like some sort of way to connect to my Wii/another DS (SLOT-1 card) and then does the stuff itself. Also, there are Nintendo gifts that ran through a GCN to the GBA in the Mystery Gift menu, so we could look into that.

Really? The only distributions I know of that were GameCube to GBA were Jirachi (North American Colosseum Bonus Disc/PAL Pokemon Channel), Celebi (Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc) and Shiny Zigzagoon (the demo discs with the Berry Glitch fix at GameStop in the US). Since those were before released FireRed/LeafGreen, they don't use the Mystery Gift menu.

You can do that using dolphin emulator

Exactly!

Yes, it would be nice, but I dont see anyone trying to make such a thing happen rn.

Really? The only distributions I know of that were GameCube to GBA were Jirachi (North American Colosseum Bonus Disc/PAL Pokemon Channel), Celebi (Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc) and Shiny Zigzagoon (the demo discs with the Berry Glitch fix at GameStop in the US). Since those were before released FireRed/LeafGreen, they don't use the Mystery Gift menu.

I've seen stuff online stating that such exists.

If we can have a wondercard injector and also have the source code for it, then it should be possible for someone to make a ds homebrew version of it that would read save file from slot-2.

I don't think I really know enough about ds homebrew programming to make anything myself, but someone interested in doing this should be able to do it.