[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

@TheFinalEpisode:

I think there is a misunderstanding.

This is about Mystery Gift... (and Mystery Event)

It's about activating the features GameFreak programmed inside the Games.

At this point, the project is still dedicated for research btw. to see all the possibilities these features have.

What we can do with it, what we can't... ect.

The tool lostaddict is crafting right now will be released in public to a later point. (After all the testing, debug ect. is done...)

However, when it comes to real events, this is still my job as Invader TAK mentioned.

All I can do is dumping the real Mystery Gift and Mystery Events.

And we will think about how to distribute them when the work is done and the time is right.

Until then I hope to be able to collect the missing Wonder Cards.

I'm talking especially about the spanish Aurora Ticket and this is really bad news btw...

After talking with some Collectors I fear that we might never able to see one... I still have a bit hope that someone might show up.

But I think we have to face the fact that this Wonder Card could be gone forever.

So this is the current status and there is more about it and some few more issues I learned during my research, which I will inform you about later...

Anyway, I want to make something clear at this point and hope I don't have to repeat myself.

I'm no magician and I can't recreate the Event Pokémon I don't own, especially not without real distribution devices.

And without distribution devices? I'm sorry to disappoint, but I think this is an nearly impossible job to do.

I would need to learn about all the PID/IV spreads and for this I would need many save files and PKM files. Which means hundreds of Pokémon from the same Event to get a full view...

+ I would need to be sure that they're legit and not hacked.

It's not I wouldn't like to do this.

In fact, I would LOVE to do it. But I just want to be realistic and I think this would be a huge Noah's Ark-style project.

However this is real and I would need a lot of support from you guys, from collectors, many save files, PKM files...

But especially we would need full transparency from the collector's side.

As sad as it is but I think it's unlikely to happen...

@TheFinalEpisode:

Anyway, I want to make something clear at this point and hope I don't have to repeat myself.

I'm no magician and I can't recreate the Event Pokémon I don't own, especially not without real distribution devices.

And without distribution devices? I'm sorry to disappoint, but I think this is an nearly impossible job to do.

I would need to learn about all the PID/IV spreads and for this I would need many save files and PKM files. Which means hundreds of Pokémon from the same Event to get a full view...

+ I would need to be sure that they're legit and not hacked.

It's not I wouldn't like to do this.

In fact, I would LOVE to do it. But I just want to be realistic and I think this would be huge Noah's Ark-style project.

However this is real and I would need a lot of support from you guys, from collectors, many save files, PKM files...

But especially we would need full transparency from the collector's side.

As sad as it is but I think it's unlikely to happen.

One event Pokemon that DOESN'T need to be recreated is MYSTRY Mew. Two years ago with the help of collectors, Sabresite discovered that there are only 420 unique ones and uploaded PKMs of all of them to his Pokecheck box two years ago and made them public. Only problem is that site is down so he or someone else would need to upload them to another site.

It's too bad Pokécheck went down. :( I remember that he also uploaded Shiny Berry Fix Zigzagoons.

Which have a unique PID alhorithm, which I don't understand. I have only a very few of them in my collection.

It's too bad Pokécheck went down. :( I remember that he also uploaded Shiny Berry Fix Zigzagoons.

Which have a unique PID alhorithm, which I don't understand. I have only a very few of them in my collection.

That he did. But I'm not worried about that one, I have one of the North American demo discs that distributes them. Only problem is it won't send them to games with dead batteries, so I can't get any more until I replace the battery on my Ruby or Sapphire. The North American Jirachi disc doesn't have that problem, though.

That he did. But I'm not worried about that one, I have one of the North American demo discs that distributes them. Only problem is it won't send them to games with dead batteries, so I can't get any more until I replace the battery on my Ruby or Sapphire. The North American Jirachi disc doesn't have that problem, though.

My Zigzagoon Disc didnt work too

To bad

But i have full Boxes on Pokemon Box with them

Those demo discs should also send an Zigzagoon over to Ruby/Sapphire with a working battery. You only need a free space in your party.

It also doesn't matter which language your game is. All American/European languages do work. Furthermore you can receive multiple Zigzagoon on the same cart/save.

Edited by BlackShark

The distribution of event pokemon using the wonder card feature at the moment seems not possible unless there are some undocumented functions that can give more freedom on what you can do. As i said before, the givepokemon function is very limited. You can only set level, species and hold item. If you combine this with another 1-2 functions you can also set the met location and the moves of the pokemon. And this is only what you can do...

Now for the Gift Eggs (Wish Pokemon), the information we have is very limited. I was able to recreate all of them, but we still don't know if there was a wonder card for this... Similar Japanese events had a wonder card, but we don't know for sure for the PCNY Wish Eggs...

Also you have to keep in mind that all Mystery Gift (Wonder Card) Pokémon received in the 2F of the Pokémon Center have the "Uncommon GBA" PID method.

The most Event Pokémon have the "Common GBA (Restricted)" PID method. So for example, if we would reconstruct the Sunday Wobuffet within the Mystery Gift-feature it would have the wrong PID method.

It wouldn't be the "legit" way to obtain it anyway, since this was not how it worked. These Event Pokémon were generated from the distribution device, not in the game...

When it comes to the Events we could restore right now, we talk about those wo were generated INGAME.

And just like lostaddict says we still lack of informations for the 3 Events who were, which are the PCNY Wish Eggs, PCJP2004 Eggs & PokéPark Eggs.

So far we only know the Wonder Card for the PokéPark Egg Event, so we basically could recreate it from the scratch.

The only flaw is that it wouldn't be the exact same data as it was used for the Event, because we weren't able to dump an original Wonder Card of it.

When it comes to the other 2 Events... I received informations from a trusted source that they indeed had Wonder Cards, but it looks like no one dumped save files of them back in that time.

:(

The other... let's say "regular" Event Pokémon are really a whole different story. Which like I said, would be very interested to work with.

But only if it makes sense, which means someone who has a HUGE collection is willing to support this.

Also if this ever happens I would open a new Thread, because it would be an entirely new project.

@TheFinalEpisode:

I'm talking especially about the spanish Aurora Ticket and this is really bad news btw...

After talking with some Collectors I fear that we might never able to see one... I still have a bit hope that someone might show up.

I'm asking some friends, the possibility is remote though. Was that even distributed in Spain? I quit playing pokemon at genIII, I recall TV ads about them being held, but don't remember if something for aurora ticket was made.

At least it isn't an event pokemon, morpheo's AR codes generate a fully working wondercard for that ticket, and probably any other region wondercard would work too, so it is not that bad... were other region wondercards be able to be received in different region carts?

I'm asking some friends, the possibility is remote though. Was that even distributed in Spain? I quit playing pokemon at genIII, I recall TV ads about them being held, but don't remember if something for aurora ticket was made.

At least it isn't an event pokemon, morpheo's AR codes generate a fully working wondercard for that ticket, and probably any other region wondercard would work too, so it is not that bad... were other region wondercards be able to be received in different region carts?

Yes, it was distributed in Spain at Moviplaya 2005:

http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Lista_de_eventos_de_la_tercera_generaci%C3%B3n#Pok.C3.A9mon_Rojo_Fuego_y_Verde_Hoja

http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Moviplaya_2005

There is also a contact address, where you could get the Ticket if you couldn't go to the Event:

TRAMA SYSTEMS
C/ Joaquín María López, 44
28015 Madrid
Atención: Félix Manzanero
REFERENCIA: DEOXYS

Would be cool if someone from Spain could try to contact this address.

But I fear that unlike in Italy, the time to receive the Ticket there has expired.

So the chance to get an Aurora Ticket there might be very low. Still it could be worth to give it a try...

About your question.

At least we can say that it was possible to get an (English) European Ticket on an US cartridge. Here you can read about it.

The European Aurora Ticket Distribution Device had 5 possible languages programmed inside.

(English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.)

Appearently this also worked the opposite with the US distribution device.

I have received save files of european versions with the US Aurora Ticket 2004 FALL.

Someone bought a US Aurora Ticket Device (for over 2000$) and downloaded them into the european game versions.

If that's really correct (I only receiced the save files but didn't saw the process) it means there was a compatibility as well.

However, the Wonder Cards and Scripts in these save files are all in English. No matter it's a french, italian, german or a spanish cartridge.

It's because the Games haven't been localized into the other languages yet or wasn't meant to be for the other versions.

NOA and NOE may have worked independently in this case...

I hope this answered your question.

BTW:

The most interesting thing is, that in the Old Sea Map I found the English and French Scripts in the Trash Bytes. (click)

Theoretically if you went to the Pokémon Festa 2005 in Japan it could have been possible to download the Old Sea Map to the other localized versions even with the Script in the right language.

This means if there was something like a language setting in the device or if the device was able to detect the version and writes the right script with the right text into the RAM...

But that's only about the Script. The text for the Wonder Card itself would possibly have been corrupted.

Anyway, since we don't have a European Aurora Ticket distribution device or a Japanese Old Sea Map distribution device we're not able to see if and how it really worked.

I think it could and I think it should have an automatic detection process and gldsun's story, who received an English Aurora Ticket for his US Emerald Version in France speaks for it.

But we don't know if a Japanese cartridge worked with a European or American distribution system or vice versa. (American/European cartridge with a Japanese distribution system.)

So we should add this information carefully to the list of theories.

Edited by ajxpkm

I think now would be a good time to mention that in addition to custom Mystery Gifts, I can ALSO test custom Mystery Events via e-Reader. I've had a printer than can print dot codes since August. So far I'm limited to English e-Reader, but last week I won a Japanese Card e-Reader+ from an eBay seller in Japan so that should be here in a few weeks. I'd mention this in Team Fail's e-Reader thread, but it's dead at the moment.

Speaking of e-Reader, since so many Japanese cards have been converted for use with English games (Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3) or just made from scratch (these custom dual-region Mod Cards for Mega Man Battle Network 4-6), I feel someone should convert the Eon Ticket card to Japanese. I know there are Takasan's tools, but still.

EDIT: Yesterday I ordered a Japanese copy of Emerald from an eBay seller here in the US (that also put in a new battery as well!). I expect that'll be here at the end of the week so I'll be able to test custom Japanese Wonder Cards soon.

Edited by Invader TAK

Small update: Almost done with the import/export/inject functionality for the tickets (Aurora, Mystic, Old Sea Map). So far this is only for the English versions. Once finished with it, i will add support for the rest of the languages. Then i will proceed with the rest of the events (Altering Cave, Gift Eggs and Trainer Battles).

I posted this in the Discord chat, but I'll post it here as well.

I went ahead and started a save on a Japanese Emerald ROM to prep for when my cart gets in. Since I have a GBA flash cart, I also wanted to see if Wonder Card sharing is language locked. It is, to the point that the games won't even detect each other.

I also gave Takasan's PEe.exe tool a try and I'm confused by the checkmark option. It doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Tutorial for Takasan's Ticket tools (based off Ticket PEe).

1. Get AppLocale and point it to the tool location. You will NEED this for the Japanese text to show up properly.

2. Go on someplace like Bulbapedia to get the Japanese name for the ticket you want then select it.

3. Drag your Japanese Emerald save over the Ticket PEe window. It will generate a .dat file matching your save's name.

4. Change the file extension to .sav and load it onto your cart or emulator.

Also, the archive links for the tools are down.

Edited by Invader TAK

Link Together With All Project Files -are now uploaded on Google Drive

It contains the following:

[GEN III] GBA ROM (Different Languages [1.0 Cartridge to 1.2 Cartridges ] + Card E - Reader ROM)

[GEN III] Editing Tools

[GEN III] Emulator

[GEN III] BIOS Files

Taka Tools - Site is down, but don't worry I have those tools in my drive

We encourage all participants to join in our conversation at Discord Room. Just make sure that you inform others your GMT so we know what time we will be online. mee @ GMT +8:00

Discord Link:

https://discord.gg/0ZZLasynGf2IQVYy

Link Together With All Project Files:

www dot prohibited dot com

Taka Tools

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B__TKdqgpf-yZXlZTGY4NDRtY1E

Edited by TheFinalEpisode

Sorry... I'm a bit busy recently and there's nothing new to share in the moment.

That's why I'm a bit inactive here in the moment.

Regarding Takasan's Tools, don't worry about them.

We have all the Events dumped and besides the Tools are save on the webarchive server.

Sometimes they're unavailable but this happens. :)

@Invader TAK:

Thanks for your tutorial. This will help everyone who can't understand how to use Takasan's Tools.

Btw. the Tools always lets the original files as they are. While it saves the patched files as flash save files which can be loaded as well, so renaming these files is not necessary.

One more thing I want to add...

The checkmark option which you can only find in the Tools for Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald says "時計設定イベント有効" which means "Enable clock setting event". I guess with this you should be able to set the clock again, just like at the beginning of the game. I haven't tested it yet.

@Invader TAK:

Now... I don't know the Board Rules here and I'm not a Mod, but since ROMs are illegal I would please ask you to take them down for your own good. Thank you.

Edited by ajxpkm

Sorry... I'm a bit busy recently and there's nothing new to share in the moment.

That's why I'm a bit inactive here in the moment.

Regarding Takasan's Tools, don't worry about them.

We have all the Events dumped and besides the Tools are save on the webarchive server.

Sometimes they're unavailable but this happens. :)

Good to know!

@Invader TAK:

Thanks for your tutorial. This will help everyone who can't understand how to use Takasan's Tools.

Btw. the Tools always lets the original files as they are. While it saves the patched files as flash save files which can be loaded as well, so renaming these files is not necessary.

One more thing I want to add...

The checkmark option which you can only find in the Tools for Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald says "時計設定イベント有効" which means "Enable clock setting event". I guess with this you should be able to set the clock again, just like at the beginning of the game. I haven't tested it yet.

Ooooh, THAT sounds handy if you replaced the battery on your cart!

@Invader TAK:

Now... I don't know the Board Rules here and I'm not a Mod, but since ROMs are illegal I would please ask you to take them down for your own good. Thank you.

Yeah... he needs to re-upload and exclude the ROMs and BIOS files.

I almost forgot that there was something I wanted to share in this Thread.

Unfortunately PPorg was down when I wanted to post it earlier. :rolleyes:

I experimented a bit with Mystery Gift myself.

Specifically with the Pokémon Egg Present Event and there is something new I learned. :biggrin:

As I mentioned earlier, the PID of the Pokémon Eggs received from the 2F deliveryguy have the Uncommon GBA PID Method.

But I discovered something even more interesting which I have overlooked before.

The Eggs have the "Fateful Encounter"-Flag!

By the way, I created my own custom Wonder Card with the Script that's hidden inside the ROM and I thought the color "Yellow" fits best to it. :smile:

I made a gif to show the full Pokémon Egg Present Event just for visualisation.

Pokemon_no_Tamago_Present_Pichu_Naminori.gif

Also I tried to recreate the Pokémon Center Japan 2004 Egg Present Event as accurate as I can... (without "firsthand" information...)

The text could have been very similar to the "2005 PokéPark" ones, just with "2004 Pokémon Center" instead.

And I have chosen the blue color since it's the color that looked most familiar and neutral to me.

Of course we don't know which color it had exactly and we might never know.

Anyway I think this is pretty close to what the Wonder Card must have looked liked.

Pokemon_no_Tamago_Present_2004_Pokemon_Center.gifPokemon_no_Tamago_Present_2004_Pokemon_Center.gifPokemon_no_Tamago_Present_2004_Pokemon_Center.gifPokemon_no_Tamago_Present_2004_Pokemon_Center.gif

ナゾノクサ (Oddish) - Special Move: やどりぎのタネ (Leech Seed)

マダツボミ (Bellsprout) - Special Move: フラフラダンス (Teeter Dance)

ニャース (Meowth) - Special Move: はなびらのまい (Petal Dance)

ニョロモ (Poliwag) - Special Move: てんしのキッス (Sweet Kiss)

For more information about the event:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_III#Egg_Pok.C3.A9mon_Present_Eggs

Edited by ajxpkm

While chatting right now with @Invader TAK, one of the recent updates are:

BATTLE CARDS for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH Pokemon Emerald

Possible Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen Battle Cards can be share with Each other (FireRed and LeafGreen Cards are compatible on each other) while Emerald Battle Cards is for Emerald Version Only.

There is a major difference between those cards for Ruby/Sapphire and those for FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald.

While the RS cards modify the trainers in that house at Mossdeep City the cards for FRLGE modify the trainers that appear at Trainer Tower/Trainer Hill which does not exist in RS.

International versions have them already coded into the ROM. The structure is described on bulbapedia http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trainer_Tower_data_structures_in_Generation_III

The save data structure of Japanese versions is similar to that.

Even though the RS cards don't work with FRLGE you could extract the data from RS saves and inject them into FRLGE saves. That will work.

Hi I'm so bad at this . . .

So if I just put in that Master Code and a ticket code from the text files, would I be able to activate the event? >,>

Please answer I just want to experience the event. I appreciate your efforts~

@ryamyun:

This is a Research Thread. I just converted the Codes to RAW Code files because I thought that this way it would be easier to study them. If you want working Codes, please use the original PAR Codes. Very important: Don't forget to use the respective Master Code and Anti DMA Code!

I have taken the RAW Codes down now since they rather seem to cause confusion instead of being useful for this Research. And I think we don't need them anymore anyway. Besides I'm a bit tired of repeating myself to be honest. Please be patient and understand that this is a Research Thread! You will be able to edit and inject Wonder Cards in the future. If you don't want to wait until then please use Takasan's Tools (only for Japanese Versions) or Morfeo's Code (only for the other Versions). It's all linked in the first post.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

I finally finished to locate and dump all the Mystery Gift Scripts from all the different ROM versions!

+ I updated the first post, now with Ruby and Sapphire's Mystery Events included.

Edited by ajxpkm