[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

Thanks to the Eon Ticket e-Card you mentioned I also recovered the Event for Ruby & Sapphire.

Pokemon RS - Eon Ticket 1.png

Pokemon RS - Eon Ticket 2.png

Pokemon RS - Eon Ticket 3.png

Pokemon RS - Eon Ticket 4.png

Pokemon RS - Eon Ticket 5.png

So far I was only able to dump the scripts of the Japanese and the US versions.

The bad thing about the Ruby and Sapphire Mystery Events is actually that the scripts of them is nowhere to be found inside the roms.

I think we're unlikely to recover this event for all languages, except if we're somehow able to get save files of these.

583dd062a5e56_PokemonRS-EonTicket1.png.4

583dd062c8735_PokemonRS-EonTicket2.png.5

583dd062eb1bf_PokemonRS-EonTicket3.png.e

583dd06319b4f_PokemonRS-EonTicket4.png.5

583dd0633d57e_PokemonRS-EonTicket5.png.1

Thanks to the Eon Ticket e-Card you mentioned I also recovered the Event for Ruby & Sapphire.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12623[/ATTACH]

The bad thing about the Ruby and Sapphire Mystery Events is actually that the scripts of them is nowhere to be found inside the roms.

I think we're unlikely to recover this event for all languages, except if we're somehow able to get save files of these.

Shouldn't be too hard if Mystery Events aren't region/language locked (which they probably are).

As an aside note, it appears the e-Card was ONLY given away in North America (Toys R Us and Nintendo Power for the US, while I assume Canada got it JUST through Nintendo Power but I don't know since I'm in the US), which is a rare case of Japan not getting the better deal.

Hi there again I tried the AR codes you put for download and tried to use them with VBA just like the ones from Morfeo, his codes worked but I tried yours and my emerald rom goes weird, the screen gets a weird texture. Is there something I'm doing wrong? thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12623[/ATTACH]

I have the German one which is available from the Ruby Debug ROM.

It is not the same as the one distributed at the Pokemon Day 2004 but if it's needed I can share it later today.

Hi there again I tried the AR codes you put for download and tried to use them with VBA just like the ones from Morfeo, his codes worked but I tried yours and my emerald rom goes weird, the screen gets a weird texture. Is there something I'm doing wrong? thanks

This is a Research Thread. I just converted the Codes to RAW Code files because I thought that this way it would be easier to study them. If you want working Codes, please use the original PAR Codes. Very important: Don't forget to use the respective Master Code and Anti DMA Code!

I have the German one which is available from the Ruby Debug ROM.

It is not the same as the one distributed at the Pokemon Day 2004 but if it's needed I can share it later today.

This would be very cool! Thanks.

Here it is.

The Eon Ticket is in an area (Section 4 0x810 - 0xBFB) where theoretically any custom script up to 1004 bytes could be saved. Those could even be assigned to a different NPC. More about that here: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7114.0

Since the values needed for record mixing are right after this area I thought I could just extract them too. That's why this file has 1012 bytes.

Eon-Ticket GER.zip

Eon-Ticket GER.zip

This is a Research Thread. I just converted the Codes to RAW Code files because I thought that this way it would be easier to study them. If you want working Codes, please use the original PAR Codes. Very important: Don't forget to use the respective Master Code and Anti DMA Code!

All right thanks you know which program I can use to do that? sorry for the trouble I'm learning here myself.

All right thanks you know which program I can use to do that? sorry for the trouble I'm learning here myself.

You mean using the PAR Codes? You can read it all in the first post.

I would recommend VBALink 1.8 if you want to view Wonder Cards...

You can also try Takasan's Tools, much easier to use. But they're in Japanese and only for the Japanese versions. If you have a question you can also write a PM to me.

Bad news, everyone. Mystery Events are language locked. So there goes the whole "use the EON Ticket e-Card" idea.

I know, that's what I was talking about. :(

I fear there's nothing we can do about it.

I know, that's what I was talking about. :(

I fear there's nothing we can do about it.

Only thing I can think of is load the EON Ticket onto an English game, then take the save and load it into another language game and see if the script is translated when you talk to Norman to pick up the ticket. But that might not work either.

Only thing I can think of is load the EON Ticket onto an English game, then take the save and load it into another language game and see if the script is translated when you talk to Norman to pick up the ticket. But that might not work either.

No, it isn't translated, a friend of mine used this method to get the Eon Ticket in his Italian games and Norman spoke in English. :/

That's because the for the script doesn't comes from the rom.

It's downloaded from the distribution device/e-card and is saved temporarily on the save file.

In europe the language had to be selected on the distribution device.

You can see this on the pic from the Pokémon Day of 2004 in Germany which BlackShark posted earlier:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=208586&viewfull=1#post208586

This must have been the case for all european distribution devices.

The really BAD thing is that at the end of the "Receiving Script" (after the Eon Ticket is received and the script comes to an end) there is a killscript command (0x0D).

So we would definitely need save files with still intact script, which means the Eon Ticket should be unclaimed.

That's because the for the script doesn't comes from the rom.

It's downloaded from the distribution device/e-card and is saved temporarily on the save file.

In europe the language had to be selected on the distribution device.

You can see this on the pic from the Pokémon Day of 2004 in Germany which BlackShark posted earlier:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=208586&viewfull=1#post208586

This must have been the case for all european distribution devices.

The really BAD thing is that at the end of the "Receiving Script" (after the Eon Ticket is received and the script comes to an end) there is a killscript command (0x0D).

So we would definitely need save files with still intact script, which means the Eon Ticket should be unclaimed.

Unless Nintendo France and Nintendo Spain/Portugal still load event items into games like Nintendo Italy does, we might be looking at a lost event for French and Spanish games.

Guys are you sure that EON Ticket text (Dialog with Norman) is not part of the rom?

As far as i know you can share this ticket using Mixing Records. In this case the other player receives the ticket directly in his bag, or he has to talk to Norman to receive it? If he has to talk with Norman, then the text has to be part of the rom...

Here is a screenshot i found on a page that talks about MORFEO code. It seems that the text is there...

EonTicket.gif

Guys are you sure that EON Ticket text (Dialog with Norman) is not part of the rom?

As far as i know you can share this ticket using Mixing Records. In this case the other player receives the ticket directly in his bag, or he has to talk to Norman to receive it? If he has to talk with Norman, then the text has to be part of the rom...

Here is a screenshot i found on a page that talks about MORFEO code. It seems that the text is there...

EonTicket.gif

BlackShark already answered your question.

But I wanted to add that it's quite funny to see what Morfeo did...

Maybe he just didn't knew it but in Emerald case the Eon Ticket was given by the 2F Pokémon Center deliveryguy and not from Norman. :P

Anyway, like BlackShark said, the Script is not transferred or anywhere to find inside the Rom. :/

So, there is no chance...

Just a curiosity, is it possible to set how many times a Wondercard can be shared and if the receiving game can share it or not?

Unfortunately no.

You can only choose if the Wonder Card is distributable or not.

That's all...

If it is, then the Wonder Card at the receiving end will be sharable as well.

That's because the Wonder Card that is transferred is an exact copy of all the data that is computed in the 2 checksums.

The only thing that is different in a sent Wonder Card is the Pokémon Icon. (Which btw. gets set to default and this is 0xFFFF for the question mark...)

Everything else transferred will be exactly the same.

Edited by ajxpkm

The tool has started getting its final shape. So here are the screens so far:

Export Details:

In this tab you can select the save file you want to inject the wonder card.

You can select the type of the card (Tickets, Altering Cave, Gift Egg/Pokemon, Trainer Battle)

In case of ticket, you can select the type of the ticket (Aurora, Mystic, Old Sea Map)

You can also choose the game (Emerald or LeafGreen/FireRed)

You have the option to keep backup of your sav file in case something goes wrong.

You can choose the language.

Export_Details.png

Card Details:

In this tab you can customise the wonder card.

You can set the text on the card

You can choose the colour of the card

You can make the card shareable or not

You can choose the icon of the wonder card.

Card_Details.png

Gift Egg/Pokemon:

In this screen you can set up the Gift Egg/Pokemon event.

You can select if you want Egg or Pokemon gift

You can select the species of the pokemon

You can select pokemon moves

In case you choose pokemon instead of egg, you can also set:

Level of the pokemon, Location met and Hold Item

Gift_Egg_Pokemon.png

Trainer Battle:

In this tab you can set up a trainer to battle with.

There are a lot of fields that you can set (see screen below). Except from the trainer info you will also be

able to set details for each one of the trainer's pokemon. (Species, Held Item, Moves, Level, EV's, IV's OT,

SID, Personality, Friendship, Nickname)

Trainer.png

Also if you go through the menu, there are options for import/export wonder cards.

At the moment:

Fully working export functionality for the Wonder Card part.

The import functionality is almost finished (Wonder Card Only). Have some minor issues with the text alignment that I'm working on it.

The templates for the Delivery Man Scripts are implemented as well. (English Only at the moment)

Injection Code has implemented separately. It works with Emerald. Still have to put it in the tool and tweak it to support LeafGreen/FireRed.

Impressive work, keep it up!

It would be great if saves with real wondercards could be obtained, not that they can't be re-created with your tool though...

uh, I'm pretty sure that's what the researchers of this project have been collecting (it's even on the first page listing all of the wondercards obtained so far) so they can be recreated. Otherwise anyone can just use cheats to get some fake wondercards onto a save file.

uh, I'm pretty sure that's what the researchers of this project have been collecting (it's even on the first page listing all of the wondercards obtained so far) so they can be recreated. Otherwise anyone can just use cheats to get some fake wondercards onto a save file.

Yup, ajxpkm has dumped a bunch of actual wonder cards, so those could be injected into saves with the tool.

The tool has started getting its final shape. So here are the screens so far:

Export Details:

In this tab you can select the save file you want to inject the wonder card.

You can select the type of the card (Tickets, Altering Cave, Gift Egg/Pokemon, Trainer Battle)

In case of ticket, you can select the type of the ticket (Aurora, Mystic, Old Sea Map)

You can also choose the game (Emerald or LeafGreen/FireRed)

You have the option to keep backup of your sav file in case something goes wrong.

You can choose the language.

Export_Details.png

Card Details:

In this tab you can customise the wonder card.

You can set the text on the card

You can choose the colour of the card

You can make the card shareable or not

You can choose the icon of the wonder card.

Card_Details.png

Gift Egg/Pokemon:

In this screen you can set up the Gift Egg/Pokemon event.

You can select if you want Egg or Pokemon gift

You can select the species of the pokemon

You can select pokemon moves

In case you choose pokemon instead of egg, you can also set:

Level of the pokemon, Location met and Hold Item

Gift_Egg_Pokemon.png

Trainer Battle:

In this tab you can set up a trainer to battle with.

There are a lot of fields that you can set (see screen below). Except from the trainer info you will also be

able to set details for each one of the trainer's pokemon. (Species, Held Item, Moves, Level, EV's, IV's OT,

SID, Personality, Friendship, Nickname)

Trainer.png

Also if you go through the menu, there are options for import/export wonder cards.

At the moment:

Fully working export functionality for the Wonder Card part.

The import functionality is almost finished (Wonder Card Only). Have some minor issues with the text alignment that I'm working on it.

The templates for the Delivery Man Scripts are implemented as well. (English Only at the moment)

Injection Code has implemented separately. It works with Emerald. Still have to put it in the tool and tweak it to support LeafGreen/FireRed.

Thanks I'm looking for this thing for years. I'm looking forward for this software

Not really important finding but is good to have it here as well...

The 8 Bytes at 0x6E4 --> 0x6EB seems to keep the values the user inserts when completing the questionnaire. If all bytes are FF then no values are insert.

If you inject a wonder card without the mystery gift enabled it will worked normally.

But the first time you trying to fill the questionnaire it will be pre-filled. Once press OK the event with the shopkeeper will triggered normally and the mystery gift will enabled.

So to prevent this inconsistency I will not allow injection unless the mystery gift is enable...

@lostaddict can you add these features to your software?

Pokémon Sunday Wobbuffet

-Fab Mail [With Message]

Source:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050706034636/http://www.pokemon.co.jp/event/festa2005/flets/index.html

Festa Metang

-With National Ribbon [Much Better if the Ribbon system is added to the software]

Source:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050718014007/http://www.pokemon.co.jp/event/festa2005/game01.html

Hidden Stat Editing

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Trade_and_Battle_Day_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions