First Pokemon Colosseum Randomised/Hack !!

StarsMmd

3 minutes ago, JagGentlemann said:

It seems to save everything now, so that's great. I don't know if it fixed some herbs not working, but again, a perfectly fine hack can be done with this. The Colosseum tool doesn't save things like EVs, etc but as you said it's a bit more limited. I won't try it now but looks promising, thank you for the tools!

Ah yes, I understand your issue now. After you change the values in a text box you have to press enter for it to register the change. I'll look into making that less complicated in future ?

So I started one of the A - E randomizer, but I don't remember exactly which one it is (although, I think it's the C version). The starter is Charmander and Ralts and i can't  beat the first fight. He has a Mewtwo and ponyta and Mewtwo keep 1 hit K/O both of my mons with Psycho boost. Do you know if this fight is impossible or anyway to skip it?

On 6/12/2018 at 10:46 PM, StarsMmd said:

Ah yes, I understand your issue now. After you change the values in a text box you have to press enter for it to register the change. I'll look into making that less complicated in future ?

Works perfectly, thanks.

I have one question, what does the "Heart gauge" means in the trainer editor? I want to make purifying a bit faster, does that have something to do with that?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I figured it out. Is the max darkness. I suppose that if I put Tyranitar's value at 30, it will be purified as fast as Flaffy, for example.

Edit2: It seems that nothing I made was exported and that I lost all the work. I think I'll wait for an updated version of the tools or try again when I'm in the mood.

Edit3: Nevermind again, I figured out that I could get my changes back when taking back the folders I deleted from Trash. I suppose that I have to click on Save Reference Data to save the changes and then Quick Build. I didn't know what that does because the XD tool doesn't have that.

Edit4: It looks that the iso is changed but when I play it, everything is like vanilla Colosseum. I sent you a Private Message.

Edit5: After starting a new game instead of loading an existing one, it seems that the changes are there, so I didn't send you anything. I suppose the reason for this is that the memory card contains data about the trainers and stuff like that. When I play the game I'll see if everything is changed or just the beginning.

Edit6: I send you a PM because this is making me lose my mind.

Edited by JagGentlemann

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Spaceit said:

So I started one of the A - E randomizer, but I don't remember exactly which one it is (although, I think it's the C version). The starter is Charmander and Ralts and i can't  beat the first fight. He has a Mewtwo and ponyta and Mewtwo keep 1 hit K/O both of my mons with Psycho boost. Do you know if this fight is impossible or anyway to skip it?

I wasn't aware of this issue. I don't think it's possible to skip so I'd recommend trying a different one. I'll look into replacing the patch with something more feasible in future.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:18 PM, JagGentlemann said:

Works perfectly, thanks.

I have one question, what does the "Heart gauge" means in the trainer editor? I want to make purifying a bit faster, does that have something to do with that?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I figured it out. Is the max darkness. I suppose that if I put Tyranitar's value at 30, it will be purified as fast as Flaffy, for example.

Edit2: It seems that nothing I made was exported and that I lost all the work. I think I'll wait for an updated version of the tools or try again when I'm in the mood.

Edit3: Nevermind again, I figured out that I could get my changes back when taking back the folders I deleted from Trash. I suppose that I have to click on Save Reference Data to save the changes and then Quick Build. I didn't know what that does because the XD tool doesn't have that.

Edit4: It looks that the iso is changed but when I play it, everything is like vanilla Colosseum. I sent you a Private Message.

Edit5: After starting a new game instead of loading an existing one, it seems that the changes are there, so I didn't send you anything. I suppose the reason for this is that the memory card contains data about the trainers and stuff like that. When I play the game I'll see if everything is changed or just the beginning.

Edit6: I send you a PM because this is making me lose my mind.

Yup, the heart gauge value determines how quickly a pokemon's heart gauge falls.

I'll get around to making a proper explanation for everything one day ?

Save reference data simply creates text files documenting details about the game such as pokemon stats and NPC trainer teams. It doesn't affect the game files or ISO in anyway.

When exporting files from the ISO, any files that already exist are not replaced. This is to make sure you don't accidentally lose all your changes if you accidentally click export or press cmd + E. If you want to see the file that is actually in the ISO then you must delete, move or rename the file before exporting.

The memory card stores data on shadow pokemon such as whether or not they've been caught and how much their heart gauge has dropped but doesn't save anything else.

To clarify, when you make changes in one of the tools and click save in the tool, that should save the changes to the game files (but not the ISO yet). If you close the tool and come back and the changes persist then you're good. When you want to actually put those files back in the ISO you use the "quick build" or "rebuild ISO" options. From what I gather you were doing this just fine and potentially ran into a bug. I've uploaded a new version of colosseum tool so let me know how that goes. ?

Hey Stars, nice work you've been doing here. Mind running me a couple randomizer patches? A few with just Pokémon randomized, and a few with Pokémon and Evolutions randomized, all with trade evolutions patched. If you could make one of the starters a Charmander in one of the patches that would be super swell as well. Thanks in advance if you could do this for me! I can't make a virtual box with Mac OS since I have an AMD processor, hoping the tool can be ported to windows soon.

NVM I finally got a Mac OSX virtual machine running and am generating patch files properly now. I just need to figure out how to edit things with more detail using the second colosseum tool you made.

Edited by Aringon

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2018 at 9:02 PM, Aringon said:

Hey Stars, nice work you've been doing here. Mind running me a couple randomizer patches? A few with just Pokémon randomized, and a few with Pokémon and Evolutions randomized, all with trade evolutions patched. If you could make one of the starters a Charmander in one of the patches that would be super swell as well. Thanks in advance if you could do this for me! I can't make a virtual box with Mac OS since I have an AMD processor, hoping the tool can be ported to windows soon.

NVM I finally got a Mac OSX virtual machine running and am generating patch files properly now. I just need to figure out how to edit things with more detail using the second colosseum tool you made.

By the way, I see what you accomplished there. Could you tell me how you did this? I'm having trouble with getting IOS to run with virtual box

10 hours ago, Aurorans said:

By the way, I see what you accomplished there. Could you tell me how you did this? I'm having trouble with getting IOS to run with virtual box

Search for "mac el capitan" and you'll find videos with download links and tutorials. I'm not linking you to one of them because I don't remember which one I watched to do this, but it should work. I suggest you search for shared folders next, they are very useful.

Yeap, after a day of trial and error, I figured it out with sierra OP.

Now I am Having a problem with the file systems. When I extract the iso, I get some files that were unable to extract.

In addition, some of the files are missing from the game. I don't believe they existed at all, since when I scanned the colosseum ISO for checksum, it came out exactly the same.

This is for the colosseum tool.

Here's a list of files that are missing.

mailopen_menu.fsys
mewwaza.fsys
orre_menu.fsys
worldmap.fsys

I'd like to note that these files are in XD, but when attempting to transfer them over to colosseum, I get a file mismatch.

Sadly, there are not many people interested in hacking Colosseum. You'll have to wait until StarsMmd checks this forum. I'm dying to edit Colosseum and I've been waiting for more than a month so far (I sent a PM since we started discussin the issue there). We have to have patience.

Edited by JagGentlemann

On 6/29/2018 at 4:02 AM, Aringon said:

I'm glad to hear it ?

On 8/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, Aurorans said:

Yo, what's up? I think I asked this question before, but, here we go again.

Do you plan to release a Windows Version of this? I only have windows, and I don't think I can create a MAC virtual emulator with Windows.

I have year's worth of code to port over so it will be a very time intensive process. Once I at least have it out to a good standard on mac and I'm a bit more free in life in general I'll get to it but unfortunately been more busy than I'd hoped all summer.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:55 PM, Aurorans said:

Yeap, after a day of trial and error, I figured it out with sierra OP.

Now I am Having a problem with the file systems. When I extract the iso, I get some files that were unable to extract.

In addition, some of the files are missing from the game. I don't believe they existed at all, since when I scanned the colosseum ISO for checksum, it came out exactly the same.

This is for the colosseum tool.

Here's a list of files that are missing.

mailopen_menu.fsys
mewwaza.fsys
orre_menu.fsys
worldmap.fsys

I'd like to note that these files are in XD, but when attempting to transfer them over to colosseum, I get a file mismatch.

I addressed your issue elsewhere but just for the sake of anyone following this thread, I've uploaded a new version of the tool to address this issue.

15 hours ago, JagGentlemann said:

Sadly, there are not many people interested in hacking Colosseum. You'll have to wait until StarsMmd checks this forum. I'm dying to edit Colosseum and I've been waiting for more than a month so far (I sent a PM since we started discussin the issue there). We have to have patience.

:-)

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Sakura27 said:

Cane sombody patch this game for me and send me the link? I have hard time patch this game.

I really want to try this hack.

People are not allowed to post ROM links, you will have to dump your own game and patch it yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

would you consider doing the same patches for pokemon xd?

ie. randomized pokemon. randomized movesets. randomized tms. randomized types. randomized abilities. 

also is there an option to update moves to later generations?

• 4 months later...

hey, i love your work on this, ive been having hella fun making my own modified version of colosseum and playin through it. i was wondering though if there could be a patch that makes all trainers pokemon have max ivs. also since there's one in there for changing the crit ratios to gen 7's, could  you make it so stage 1 is no crits at all? that is, you can only crit if you use a higher crit move, focus energy, scope lens, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Deathangelx67 said:

Can someone randomize the patch for and send it to me? 

Colosseum has been one of my favorite childhood games and would love to play it randomized  

There was a post or Youtube video with link to three randomized isos, but I can't find it. I suggest you install a Mac virtual machine and do it yourself. You'll be able to make custom handmade hacks too. Look for "vmware El Capitan" and you'll get a bunch of tutorials for the virtual machine.

• 3 months later...

Hello! Great hack! I'm having lots of fun with it, using the only randomise pokemon version.

I'd like to know: is it possible to just randomise Wes starting pokemons and all shadow pokemons? I wanted to do a sort of Nuzlocke/Iron man+randomiser run, but I find that the game gets easier once all the double battles strats that enemies use (like going earthquake+protect) get removed because of the randomiser.

Thanks in advance! I love this game (and XD) to death.

• 5 months later...

I agree with the guy above me - it would be wonderful to have an option only to randomize the shadow pokemon, + maybe the starters, though I personally like the starters as they are.

Another idea: would it be possible to replace the Collosseum attack animations by the XD animations? For the most part I think the XD ones are much more polished.

Happy new Year!

• 8 months later...