How can I use PKHeX and Play Online

Yggdra

I have not updated my 3DS and I am still using PKHeX, but I actually haven't updated my Alpha Sapphire because I fear I will not be able to use PKHeX anymore. The problem of not updating the game is that it would not let me play online so my question is,

Can I update the game and play online whilst still use PKHeX and not update my 3DS?

In case that it is not possible because updating the game would mean updating the the 3DS,

Would it be possible to have 2 3DS whilst using the same game card:

First 3DS with both AS and the 3DS without being updated to be able to use PKHeX and

Secoud 3DS where I would have AS and 3DS updated so that I can play online with the same game???

If it is possible to use 2 3DS with the same game card it would be awesome because I have saved enough to buy another 3DS :]

You need an up-to-date console to download the game update, so you can't update your game without definitely losing your ability to use injections.

You can store the update on one console (up-to-date) to go online, and have a second console (< 9.5.0-23) without any update to use PKHex. Just be careful, if you choose to update your current console you'll need to buy a console with an old enough firmware !

If your console has a very old firmware, between 4.5 and 9.2, you'll be able to set an emuNAND, which basically let you have an updated console inside the non-updated one. Just Google it a lot before trying anything.

Last option is to wait for Smealum's new exploit, which is to be released pretty soon, to see if it can help you better ;)

Thanks a lot for replying :smile:

So in my case I have a 9.5.0-22, which has allowed me to use PKHeX, but sadly I would not be able to set an emuNAND, so I suppose my only option if I want to continue using PKHeX is to get a new 3DS and set it up-to-date, but I have got a question, I know it might be dumb, but I don't want to lose my ability of using PKHeX on my only AS game card:

Is there a problem having my game card in one 3DS updated, but not having it updated on the other 3DS; or is it just that the game card adapts it self to the updates of each console?

I just want to make sure I can do both thing with the same game card without committing any mistakes :]

There is only a very small space on each game cart which is writable and it's used to store savefiles. Updates aren't applied on game cart but on SD card, which means you can have 2 different updates on 2 different consoles and they"ll both be applied without any problem*.

• 7 months later...

I got my second 3DS last year, one is up-to-date, the other one is for PKHeX (not updated) and I had no problems hacking Mons. I would mainly use 2 methods to inject: One of them was with QR Code method and the other method was the PC OUT-PC IN method where I could edit my whole box from the My PC very easily.

I have not hacked anything in the game for 3 months but now that I try, I am having a problem. Using the first method, QR Codes, it is okay (nice, quick and effective way :] ), but when I try the second method, PC OUT-IN, it will not work anymore and I am a bit confused. When I used to save the game and tried to PC OUT, the page would go green and then crash, after I would extract the SD Card and everything okay (if there was any problems I would just delete Cookies and History), but now the page will not crash, just says "no connection", so the method does not work anymore. I honestly do not know what is the problem, I have not updated the PKHeX console, it is still the 9.5.0-22, the last version before the PKHeX patch. I have checked if the files in the SD Card are okay and made sure that the Bookmarks of PCOUT-IN have the right URLs. I honestly do not know what is the problem and I was thinking you might know the cause of this. It is not terrible I suppose, I can still use the quick QR Code method, but modifying your box on the computer was very useful :[.

Another quick question is if it is worth it for me to upgrade to Homebrew? If so, do you know if they have patched the capability of installing it in the latest updates?