Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

Uhm... I said so before no o-o?

You can change the firmware version when starting youtube by tapping here

I tried to do what you told me... but instead of having a drop-down list, it just automatically goes straight to the red-blue-& black screen with some codes in white before going to the Homebrew page. So yeah pressing it even before automatically going to Homebrew does nothing :(

Do I have to delete & re-download YouTube?

I dunno if using a 9.9 Tubehax firmware while on 10.1 system firmware will back-up/restore my save files incorrectly/incompletely or something... Just paranoid I guess.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waitress_Tsubame, maybe you can try this method: https://twitter.com/smealum/status/643874942849818624

@smea: "for people having trouble changing firmware for tubehax : hold START until it crashes, then try again."

Thanks, that's all I need :)

BTW here's something to be paranoid about too: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-closing-rom-hacking-and-speedrunning-channels.397021/

But I guess Tubehax isn't Rom Hacking, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now, TubeHax is somehow patched too. There's a new update for the Youtube app on the eShop, and even if you try to launch the Youtube app without updating, the system won't allow you to enter the Homebrew Channel. Some kind of DNS/IP check, perhaps?

Considering there's a big maintenance on next Monday, for all online services on Nintendo systems, looks like a new system update is iminent too.

For the time being, about TubeHax users, guess the best options are HomeMenuHax and BrowserHax.

I guess the chips are going down :(

If I remember correctly, Waitress_Tsubame, you're a TubeHax user, right?

I suggest you to install BrowserHax, and then, ThemeHax ASAP (so you don't need to access internet, or changing DNS). There's a good tutorial on GBATemp -> http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-the-homebrew-launcher-and-custom-themes-all-in-one-noobs-guide.395652/

Try this guide instead.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-the-homebrew-launcher-and-custom-themes-all-in-one-noobs-guide.395652/

and may I also advice HBL-Grid? It.. Pretty much replaces any old boot.3dsx you had so you're sure to have the best and latest. Just trust me on that :P

It should be on page 1 or 2 of gbatemp, OP is mashers (donkey kong icon)

As hacks said, if you update your 3DS, then ThemeHax and BrowserHax will be blocked as TubeHax.

Smealum said on Twitter that Ninjhax (through Cubic Ninja), OoTHax (Ocarina of Time 3D) and IronHax (through IronFall's old version) must work, but he suggested to wait for updated payloads for the last two. So I'm waiting for that - I have IronHax and OoTHax on my 3DSXL, just in case.

But for my 2DS, it's game over if I update, since I don't have any other Hax method on it (my OoT copy is digital and stay on the 3DS XL, so I can't share it). So I'll keep it with wifi off.

from what smea has said the actual exploit it self is very unlikey to be patched but some of the entry points can the ones that cannot be is oothax and ninjahax since they cannot be force updates and can be bought as a physical game. But its a downside to people because if they just found out about this and are on lasted frimware the only way they can install it is though ninjahax

BTW, what's the disadvantage of having a retail of OoT?

Is it that you can't edit your other retail carts if you're using a retail OotHax?

I think even with a retail version of OoT, you can use it to access the Homebrew Channel, then exchange for other retail cart to use with Save Manager, as an example. It's the same with Cubic Ninja (only Japan had a digital version of this game).

The only advantage of the digital version is the convenience of not having to keep switching game cards, in the end.

I think even with a retail version of OoT, you can use it to access the Homebrew Channel, then exchange for other retail cart to use with Save Manager, as an example. It's the same with Cubic Ninja (only Japan had a digital version of this game).

The only advantage of the digital version is the convenience of not having to keep switching game cards, in the end.

Ahh I see. Kinda thought previously that you're unable to edit retail carts if you only have retail OoT ^^

Tried to re-install Themehax by choosing another theme to uninstall it, & trying to reinstall it via Browserhax, so I can access Homebrew e-Shop (does it only have eShop XML & eShop.smdh but no eShop.3dsx?)

... but when trying to reinstall Themehax, I always get this message:

"Invalid HTTP content-size 0x0000a468. Failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: 0xfffffffd.

Install failed: 0xfffffffd.

Press the START button to exit."

Why is this? :(

EDIT: Still the same even if I get the latest Themehax installer & boot.3dsx files.

EDIT 2 : Solved... I just got the offline themehax installer.

Edited by Waitress_Tsubame

Hey guys, so I noticed that the Themehax installer installs a file onto the root of the SD, called menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin. I do not have version 10.2 yet, so can someone with 10.2 confirm if, simply copying the bin file without running the Themehax installer, is enough to install themehax?