Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Thanks! I totally didn't know the regular Windows Explorer was capable of this! Works like a charm and connects waaaaay faster than WinSCP.

SBBymLq.png

problem with it though is i can't move my save from the save data backup folder to another folder on sd i keep my save back ups in and every time you go onto it using the windows explorer and you cannot move files around to diffent folders on sd card way you have to refresh for every time you browse a diffent folder on sd card its annoying and i think winscp is better still

Only thing missing now is how to do RNG Abuse in Gen 6. Since there's this save manager, maybe this will be used to find what seed you're already at.

But I guess RNG abuse here is harder than what it appears...

Every time you boot the game a new seed is generated so unless you can extract the save or feed the relevant data (PID, frames, etc.) to a calculator while the game is still running, you cannot determine the current state of the RNG. Actually ROP access (Web browser exploit) would be ideal for RNG manipulation purposes and is probably possible from what I hear. The only reason no one has worked on it is that most of the people with the technical know how deem RNG manipulation useless since we can now easily enough edit and breed legal/legit flawless pokemon. The logic behind that baffles me especially in light of the competitive scene of previous generations. A lot of people for instance would be fully willing to use the Web browser exploit strictly for RNG purposes as they had done in previous years using RNG calculators and Pokecheck (for SID). Editing your pokemon and RNG'ing them are two completely different things. Some people are willing to do one, but not the other. But let's not get into that here.

On gbatemp I saw someone give instructions for fixing another secure value game that included the instructions to start a new game and dump it's save which would have the correct value in it at that time then use a hex editor to find that value at the right offset and copy it into your other save. Then it would restore. All you have to do is find the save layout info to know the correct offset and number of bits to copy.

It worked. Thanks!

If anyone needs it, I believe the thread is this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/deleting-the-secure-value-in-9-5-or-9-9.396335/page-2

If you don't mind me asking, I've been having issues with my Alpha Sapphire save. It somehow corrupted and I don't know why. I've never actually used any devices or exploits before, it saved normally as well. Since I had transferred all my Pokemon to it shortly before the corruption, and have no backup, I'd like to have the original save restored/fixed.

Could I use this method in order to do so? I understand from seeing other discussions that the data should be intact enough to be restored. I have the Youtube app installed on my 3DS which has the most recent update on it, but no homebrew or anything at this point in time. I have a physical copy of the game. I have no interest in using this exploit for anything other than restoration of my Pokeon game. If this is possible, what do I need to do, and are there any significant risks to my Pokemon data, the cartridge or my SD card that I need to be aware of?

If you don't mind me asking, I've been having issues with my Alpha Sapphire save. It somehow corrupted and I don't know why. I've never actually used any devices or exploits before, it saved normally as well. Since I had transferred all my Pokemon to it shortly before the corruption, and have no backup, I'd like to have the original save restored/fixed.

Could I use this method in order to do so? I understand from seeing other discussions that the data should be intact enough to be restored. I have the Youtube app installed on my 3DS which has the most recent update on it, but no homebrew or anything at this point in time. I have a physical copy of the game. I have no interest in using this exploit for anything other than restoration of my Pokeon game. If this is possible, what do I need to do, and are there any significant risks to my Pokemon data, the cartridge or my SD card that I need to be aware of?

No, it is not possible to repair a corrupted save without a save backup to do so with.

As for the SD card thing, no there are literally 0 risks. Any issues could, if any, only occur upon importing back an altered save, but to avoid that it is a simple matter of keeping a backup of the originally, working and unedited dumped save.

No, it is not possible to repair a corrupted save without a save backup to do so with.

As for the SD card thing, no there are literally 0 risks. Any issues could, if any, only occur upon importing back an altered save, but to avoid that it is a simple matter of keeping a backup of the originally, working and unedited dumped save.

I remember seeing a post in the Ramsav thread about someone who did manage to extract a corrupted file to PkHex and the data seemed intact, he was just having trouble reinjecting it. That suggested to me that it was possible. There is another thread in the forums about someone trying to export a corrupted file as well.

I remember seeing a post in the Ramsav thread about someone who did manage to extract a corrupted file to PkHex and the data seemed intact, he was just having trouble reinjecting it. That suggested to me that it was possible. There is another thread in the forums about someone trying to export a corrupted file as well.

Well yes, you can extract it, but de-corrupting it is a whole different story.

Do we have to update if we want to go to Youtube? Because somebody in reddit says so that he's forced to update if he wants to use Tubehax...

Also does save injection still work?

Friend of mine said tubehax is working when set to 9.9-region, but i haven't tested it myself. Smea is working on an update i heard though.

Save injection idk either yet.

I just rented another 2DS for 5 days. It's updated to 10.0.something, and thankfully it has Ironfall downloaded, which my own 2DS doesn't have, and I successfully used Ironhax :)

BTW, Ironhax doesn't require an internet connection on subsequent uses right?

And another question... is it safe to update Ironfall for us to continue using Ironhax (I keep getting that update message in the bottom part of the top screen)? And is that recent update v1.1? Does updating Ironfall make any difference?

Yes, IronHax doesn't need internet connection, such as OoTHax. Only TubeHax, through the DNS settings.

Actually, the Ironfall 1.1 update already exists before the IronHax method reveal... Although this doesn't make any difference, the only thing the update allows you is for playing Ironfall online, if you want. :)