Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

For all those who said they couldn't access the save data:

Are you using the Left and Right buttons of the Dpad to actually select your title instead of just mashing the A button and opening system settings?

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't actually know you could use the D-Pad to select your title. Thanks.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Windows download WinSCP (just google it), once installed it's all pretty straightforward. Set the connection method to FTP, enter the IP address and port then leave Username and Password empty, also when it asks while connecting.

Edit: Unless you like that My Little Pony Brony trash... There is a regular FTP3DS without the image on the homebrew list of gbatemp.

What IP address and port number am I supposed to use?

It is on the screen of your 3ds after starting up the ftp app.

Example:

192.168.xxx.yyy:5000

Whereas 5000 is the port and the rest is the IP (except the double colon)

My FTBrony says "socket 115 Network interface is not configured".

Edit: Realized that the wireless on my N3DS XL was not on. Turned it on and got the IP and port number, but when I try to connect, it just times out...

My FTBrony says "socket 115 Network interface is not configured".

Edit: Realized that the wireless on my N3DS XL was not on. Turned it on and got the IP and port number, but when I try to connect, it just times out...

Hmm that might be a firewall issue, but make sure both your 3DS and your PC are on the same network for starters.

Also this is how I configured my WinSCP, perhaps that can give some insight.

IBzhzt5.png

Ok, so I've tried every idea but nothing works to get my old file working. If I upload my save and someone who can run SDF removed its secure value, I wonder if it'll work?

If anyone wants to try: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j4ma3n

So yeah, lesson learned, never try to inject an older version of your savefile.

Edit: not even that worked. Thanks, Nintendo.

what happens if you import a pokemon x save into oras

I've gave it a try just says that the savefile is corrupted.

Edited by dreword

How do I edit & reload my XY/ORAS save?

I tried using this Save Manager but after the attempted reload, nothing happened to my old save.

I did the usual thing I did to Rumble World, only this time a file called "main" will appear after backing up my XY/ORAS save, and it's around 406 kb.

I edited to my desire, then saved the edited file back... then imported the save back using Save Manager... and no changes were made in my Y cart? :o

EDIT: Never mind, it worked. But I have no idea why it didn't work the first time. It might be probably the fact that there's another folder there after I backed up my old Rumble World save, and after deleting it, the reload to my Pokemon Y suddenly worked.

Ok, so I've tried every idea but nothing works to get my old file working. If I upload my save and someone who can run SDF removed its secure value, I wonder if it'll work?

If anyone wants to try: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j4ma3n

So yeah, lesson learned, never try to inject an older version of your savefile.

Edit: not even that worked. Thanks, Nintendo.

I've gave it a try just says that the savefile is corrupted.

On gbatemp I saw someone give instructions for fixing another secure value game that included the instructions to start a new game and dump it's save which would have the correct value in it at that time then use a hex editor to find that value at the right offset and copy it into your other save. Then it would restore. All you have to do is find the save layout info to know the correct offset and number of bits to copy.

Is there a way I could randomize with this or would I need Gateway?

Since the stuff you randomnize are in the ROM I think you still need a Gateway to run the ROM.

Also I "fixed" the problem with Animal Crossing (if anyone needs it) after the regular steps, when the screen glitches just press A and it will back up your data

very useful for if you want to start a new game with out losing your current one but yeah the problem is this doesn't work on the digital copy's because of the anti save game restore if you want to do an egglocke. If you want to do an egglocke i found this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kyHe1NaTdVWG13dnpiV0x1V0k/view go in tools in pkhex to import the eggs into your file

By the way guys, if you are using FTP-3DS, you can just use windows explorer and type this into the navigation/location bar:

ftp://192.168.x.x:5000

Replace the x's with the correct values displayed on your FTP-3DS of course. This will basically use windows explorer to view your 3DS files. No need to install any software. Also, I haven't tested this with FTBrony but in theory, it should work. :D

By the way guys, if you are using FTP-3DS, you can just use windows explorer and type this into the navigation/location bar:

Replace the x's with the correct values displayed on your FTP-3DS of course. This will basically use windows explorer to view your 3DS files. No need to install any software. Also, I haven't tested this with FTBrony but in theory, it should work. :D

OMG! Thanks! I totally didn't know the regular Windows Explorer was capable of this! Works like a charm and connects waaaaay faster than WinSCP.

SBBymLq.png

Thanks a lot for this tip. Can Windows Explorer make use of other protocols too?