Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

Like I said - read properly. As SciresM said on the forum post in which he releases the editor:

Like others I do not know what this secure value is - so the logical next step is to read the topic in question. And with read I do not mean read the first 2 and last 2 comments. No I mean read EVERY comment. If that is not your thing then sorry, this is not something for you at all.

I searched and read all comments, from here and GBATemp, but I don't find any solution to put my save without corruption, if you or other people can help me I really appreciate it

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems I've hit the anti-backup measure on ORAS by using the save manager. My game is the digital download version.

From what I've read, I have to delete the "Secure Value" but I don't own a flashcard to run SaveDataFiler. Do I have any other option?

It seems I've hit the anti-backup measure on ORAS by using the save manager. My game is the digital download version.

From what I've read, I have to delete the "Secure Value" but I don't own a flashcard to run SaveDataFiler. Do I have any other option?

I can't remember the specifics or if it was ever confirmed but I had heard a long time ago when SDF was new but people hadn't figured out the basics of deleting the secure value with it that some people restored a old save by starting a new game then saving then the restore would work on their old save.

Another option that would work but you would need access to a real cart of the game is to restore the save to the real cart then use Nintendo's official save transfer tool from the eShop to move it to your download game. But for that you would have to borrow someone's game and make sure you don't lose its save by backing it up and restoring it after.

Just keep your save safe on a computer so nothing gets mixed up.

I can't remember the specifics or if it was ever confirmed but I had heard a long time ago when SDF was new but people hadn't figured out the basics of deleting the secure value with it that some people restored a old save by starting a new game then saving then the restore would work on their old save.

Another option that would work but you would need access to a real cart of the game is to restore the save to the real cart then use Nintendo's official save transfer tool from the eShop to move it to your download game. But for that you would have to borrow someone's game and make sure you don't lose its save by backing it up and restoring it after.

Just keep your save safe on a computer so nothing gets mixed up.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the first method but it didn't work. Sadly I don't know anyone with a cartridge for me to try the second method.

I hope TDVS helps me fix this.

Yes it does.

I'm wondering, how would I use wondercard injection with this?

Just open your Main file in pkhex and open the wondercards tab then import the appropriate wc6 files. Once done hit save, then save your edited Main, overwrite the old one on the SD and import it to the game

Thanks for the reply. I tried the first method but it didn't work. Sadly I don't know anyone with a cartridge for me to try the second method.

I hope TDVS helps me fix this.

I found some old info that was better then my memory, I just hope doing the delete save button combo is a good enough equivalent to the SDF factory reset. But It seems it was just opening the game to the menu not actually starting a new save.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/eshop-installed-omega-ruby-on-emunand-trying-to-get-save-to-pokehex-help.379326/#post-5294085

Could be. I'll have to reinstall through Tubehax though...when I try to load Ironhax after switching boot files, it gets stuck on the red screen. Why would changing boot files do that? If I reinstall Ironhax will it fix it? GRRRRRRR Now Tubehax won't load all the way with the new boot file. How can it be fixed when it won't work on the system?

It's like I can't have both at once...why????? I can install Ironhax fine with the original boot file-and I did update to the new Ironhax installer, which I also heard should be done-but can't get it to access my files. And if I replace the boot file, the boot file won't work.

Edited by BlueBraviary

A good friend told me to post here, and I'm still fairly new to homebrew as well as these forums. I've been trying to install homebrew on my 3DS to be able to use pk hex with my Omega Ruby. I have two (technically 3) games, Omega Ruby, and X, as well as a completely bricked Y version that holds no value. I loaded up everything correctly, put each folder in the corresponding locations, and set the DNS correctly. I loaded the firmware by youtube (my 3DS is a 3DS XL old version with 9.9.0 firmware, the latest one), and it went to a homebrew screen. I went to the save manager, tapped on it, pressed A and started it. I tried to back up the save in my Omega Ruby but it didn't work. I got this error:

Get fs:USER handle: 0x0
FSUSER_Initialize: 0x0
Open archive: 0xC920454F
Could not access the savedata archive! Press X to exit.

I've tried resetting and it still gives me this error. Could anyone help me?

A good friend told me to post here, and I'm still fairly new to homebrew as well as these forums. I've been trying to install homebrew on my 3DS to be able to use pk hex with my Omega Ruby. I have two (technically 3) games, Omega Ruby, and X, as well as a completely bricked Y version that holds no value. I loaded up everything correctly, put each folder in the corresponding locations, and set the DNS correctly. I loaded the firmware by youtube (my 3DS is a 3DS XL old version with 9.9.0 firmware, the latest one), and it went to a homebrew screen. I went to the save manager, tapped on it, pressed A and started it. I tried to back up the save in my Omega Ruby but it didn't work. I got this error:

Get fs:USER handle: 0x0
FSUSER_Initialize: 0x0
Open archive: 0xC920454F
Could not access the savedata archive! Press X to exit.

I've tried resetting and it still gives me this error. Could anyone help me?

Did you choose the right game? I mean, after entering savemanager, you need to choose omega ruby by using left or right button, after that just press a.

Sweet mother of Arceus, IT WORKS!

Some notes: When I noticed my OR backup had no file extension, my natural tendency was to give it the .bin extension. When I tried to import my edited save while it had the .bin extension, the save manager app didn't like that. So, I removed the .bin extension, and it imported like a charm. I cloned my Event Shiny Rayquaza 6 times as a simple test.

IMPORTANT: I've only tested my OR, but I'm assuming, whatever filename the save manager gives to the backup file, the edited file has to keep the same name for the import to work.

So, can anyone show me how to use FTBrony to import the save manager homebrew, so that I may not have to take out the microSD of my New 3DS XL?

For Windows download WinSCP (just google it), once installed it's all pretty straightforward. Set the connection method to FTP, enter the IP address and port then leave Username and Password empty, also when it asks while connecting.

Edit: Unless you like that My Little Pony Brony trash... There is a regular FTP3DS without the image on the homebrew list of gbatemp.