Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm can I use TubeHax alone without IronHax? Because by the time I revisited Project Pokemon to see what new things are made, that Ironfall thing was removed a few days before :/

Yep. Ironhax is just a way to use Tubehax without internet. Tubehax (or Ninjahax) is actually needed to install Ironhax (assuming you have Ironfall).

@BlueBraviary

When he tweeted something about unfortunate situations I personally instantly tweeted my if needed condolences if you know what I mean.

Given that that is indeed the case it stands to reason why he has been slow.

Either way, patience is a virtue.

@BlueBraviary

It is more like CGSE save editing. That said, it allows options beyond what ram2sav allowed due to RAM limitations. Think game time, map location, texture hacks (not pkhex!) etc.

@BlueBraviary

@BlueBraviary

It is more like CGSE save editing. That said, it allows options beyond what ram2sav allowed due to RAM limitations. Think game time, map location, texture hacks (not pkhex!) etc.

Ram2sav has one thing over full editing. I'm not sure if full editing can do this, but one major use for ramsav is battling. For Secret Bases, I can rematch my own Blissey trainers without affecting the party, that way they continue growing by level and such, without needing to wait until the next day to do them again. Also in battling is legends. I can rsavout before catching a legend, and rsavin to catch it again and repeat the process. In full backup and restore, I can only battle and catch once, then have to restore again, or at least restore while keeping the legend caught. That takes up more time, as opposed to just touching on bookmarked pages.

But TVDS is highly anticipated by me, I can finally play games on my 2 N3DSes...

I tried using the Homebrew the first time...

Seems to always crash :( (Either it stops with a red screen in the bottom, or it just prompts me to restart the system)

I followed everything correctly, my version is 9.9.0-26U, using a 2DS (chose "OLD 9.9.0"), set the DNS to 107.211.140.065.

EDIT: I just put the Homebrew starter kit folder in the root of my SD, which is this: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Ironfall is the best of 2, 100% boot up possibility. Next time remember to check each week for free new software on e-shop.

Waiting for the save game utility, best homebrew is the ftp server and the 3DS controller, playing Platinum on my couch on a 42'' TV lol

So yeah, to summarize, TubeHax is my only option (too costly to go buy Cubic Ninja for the 3rd option lol)

Maybe I should check Project Pokemon once every week ^_^

I wonder if other free stuff from eShop will be the next victim x'D

BTW, is there an updated tutorial to make custom themes? I think I found one, but some aspects might be a bit outdated: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-custom-3ds-theme.377533/page-2

computer receives control inputs from 3DS, while the computer has an emulator for the game.

I'm wondering about something similar, which is that FTPony thing...if it can send files without me using the SD reader, I wonder if it can let me edit pokes/upload events more easily.

BTW Kaphotics, you think this might allow anything interesting with Pokecheck? Just curious.

I'm wondering about something similar, which is that FTPony thing...if it can send files without me using the SD reader, I wonder if it can let me edit pokes/upload events more easily.

FTPony can be used on CFW and Gateway emunand. It works, but it's not too fast. Fortunately the save files are small, but for big (for them) files, you're better off using an SD card reader.

FTPony can be used on CFW and Gateway emunand. It works, but it's not too fast. Fortunately the save files are small, but for big (for them) files, you're better off using an SD card reader.

FTP-3DS (fork without fandom BS) works with Tubehax/Ironhax (.3dsx), speed ~200-220KiB/s

I tried using the Homebrew the first time...

Seems to always crash :( (Either it stops with a red screen in the bottom, or it just prompts me to restart the system)

I followed everything correctly, my version is 9.9.0-26U, using a 2DS (chose "OLD 9.9.0"), set the DNS to 107.211.140.065.

EDIT: I just put the Homebrew starter kit folder in the root of my SD, which is this: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Also make sure you have the proper boot.3dsx:

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/633480944146448385

BTW Kaphotics, you think this might allow anything interesting with Pokecheck? Just curious.

It is as the name suggests a FTP client. On Windows you can use a program such as WinSCP to login on your 3DS so to say and transfer files over local wireless. The IP and Port are given by your console, the Login and password are blank (as in, nothing)

It is as the name suggests a FTP client. On Windows you can use a program such as WinSCP to login on your 3DS so to say and transfer files over local wireless. The IP and Port are given by your console, the Login and password are blank (as in, nothing)

ok cool. But I agree the SD reader will likely work better.

btw there's an updated Ironhax file out now, haven't decide whether to install it yet or not. Someone said I'd just have to replace the file in the boot area.

ok cool. But I agree the SD reader will likely work better.

If you have a classic 3ds then yes. For New3DS it is godsend because the MicroSD is under the back cover. Sure, the New3DS has a local wireless file transfer build in.... However, that has some limitations.

1) Only useable on windows

2) Connects pretty slow

3) Gives less freedom feeling and doesn't satisfy my geeky desires.