Cute Charm Glitch Help

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, QuinPlayzGamez said:

if i have just the save file it wont work however i do belive i am using a EU heart gold rom and not U rom

EU and U should be the same game, problem is probably with settings,

if you are playing on desmume, use Desmume's "import battery" and select choose size from imported save (it won't be word for word, but something like that.

OR just copy the TID/SID into an existing save of yours.

and i am using twilight menu

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

EU and U should be the same game, problem is probably with settings,

if you are playing on desmume, use Desmume's "import battery" and select choose size from imported save (it won't be word for word, but something like that.

OR just copy the TID/SID into an existing save of yours.

Please don't double post. If you got anything to add, and no one replied to the post, just edit into your latest post.

No idea what Twilight menu is, can't help you.

Once again, don't think the region of the save is the problem;
For Gen 3 and onwards, the saves work even cross region (except Gen 4 for korean),
example: Japanese HeartGold can load English Soulsilver save. (same pair of games can load each others saves)

Why don't you just use PKHeX to edit the TID/SID of an existing save of yours?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Please don't double post. If you got anything to add, and no one replied to the post, just edit into your latest post.

For Gen 3 and onwards, the saves work even cross region (except Gen 4 for korean),
example: Japanese HeartGold can load English Soulsilver save. (same pair of games can load each others saves)

how can i use that with my physical copy of pokemon platnuim and add the jigglypuff with cute charm and right gendar

5 minutes ago, QuinPlayzGamez said:

how can i use that with my physical copy of pokemon platnuim and add the jigglypuff with cute charm and right gendar

Our tutorial area will teach you how to extract saves.

Can use any Jigglypuff, and Gender corresponds to the TID/SID gap you're using.
All that can wait, first extract your save.

25 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

ok i just changed them and made 4 jigglypuffs so yeah i changed the id and secret id so wish me luck it works

now how do i see if its male or female

23 minutes ago, QuinPlayzGamez said:

literly no shinys at all

make sure the Jigglypuff is your lead, and has the cute charm ability

also, your jigglypuff might be having the wrong gender.
If your TID/SID is same as the one in the save (earlier one), I think your Jiggly needs to be male.

What's the PID of that range supposed to be? 

When using RNG reporter to create TID/SID, it allows you to put in the PID you want.

if you follow the list of possible PIDs on smogon (here), you'll know what gender lead for what ratio is required.

what I know is, if TID AND SID is exactly the same, it'll likely fall under 00000000 lonely, which requires a male lead. I'm not sure what the other TID/SID gaps lead to, however. (Like yours, no idea what PID is obtained. Perhaps catch a few wild Pokemon, and check what's the most common PID)

edit: also, stop multi posting the same thing everywhere (like you had 2 of the exact same post in other sub-forums). Wait for a response. Any more of such nonsense, I'm gonna warn you.

ok so i did the PID i wanted so now i am going to try it with and i have the female with cute charm so i am going to try it i will edit this post if it works or no

Edit: Not Working

--double post merged--

is there anything i am doing wrong. is changing my ID and SID making it not work on a game with 2 badges on it 

Edited by QuinPlayzGamez

Stop double posting, seriously.

What's the intended PID, and what TIDSID was generated for it?

also? Make sure they your cute charm Pokemon is the first in the party, and it's ability IS cute charm, and it's gender is correct in game.

edit:
Just showing you the steps I took, to get mine working.

1. Load TIDSID generation using RNG reporter
image.png

2. I've selected 00000000 as PID, and generated a TID and SID pair, and selected it.
image.png

Based on Smogon, the desired PID requires a male lead.
image.png

And here's an example of it working:
The modified TID SID
image.png

In-game view of the TID:
image.png

and my male lead:
image.png

and the shiny:
image.png

Follow what I did, and it should work for you.
Remember, its not every Pokemon is shiny, it's about 1/32 chance, as long as the encounter can be male or female. (meaning doesn't work on fixed gendered or no gender species)

• 2 years later...

hey I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me I've looked into the cute charm glitch and thought it would be great to try so I've started resetting after about two days i got a very similar trainer and sid id but I'm not sure if it will actually work the difference is a value is less that 3 game is soul sliver 

22 minutes ago, Mc4 said:

hey I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me I've looked into the cute charm glitch and thought it would be great to try so I've started resetting after about two days i got a very similar trainer and sid id but I'm not sure if it will actually work the difference is a value is less that 3 game is soul sliver 

Use Pandora's Box (as the guide stated), to see if the chosen PID can generated your TID/SID.
If it doesn't, then it won't work. Any other questions, start your own thread