Pokemon X and ORAS help

I'm running Gateway 3DS version 3.3 with a rebuilt, randomized Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X roms. My system is 9.2.0-20U SysNAND and it is an old 3DS.

I randomized wild Pokemon and Trainers on both roms using Kaphotics pk3ds and then rebuilt them following all the steps in Asia81's tutorial. Both roms had all update patches removed before they were decrypted.

The problem is that whenever I try to load the roms, I get either a blank screen and the 3DS freezes, or the Nintendo Logo loads and then the screen goes black and a notice appears telling me to contact Nintendo Support and to turn off the power.

By checking around in the forums, I gathered that it could be because the roms were badly rebuilt but I'm not sure how to fix that. Any help would be much appreciated. The roms were rebuilt using the pre-built romfs, exefs, and exheader generated when they were decrypted. This gives the notice telling me to contact Nintendo support.

I also tried rebuilding them again with 3DS builder using the modified romfs and exe files created after using pk3ds but this gives me a blank screen and the 3DS freezes.

I asked on gbatemp and the answer was that I needed to use patched roms to build the files or else they would freeze. It worked!

Edited by phantomness
solution found