2DS Firmware

Would it be possible by any methods (those preferably cheap or free), to upgrade a 2DS from a ver. 7.1.0-15 to something like 9.0 to 9.5.0-22? I've searched the internet and the only thing I've found was to buy a game (like cubic ninja or something), and when it asked to update the console to go through with the process because it'll only get me to 9.2 ver. which is within my range. Does this work? If so can you tell what you did because I don't want to screw it up. Also if it is not possible can you provide a little bit as to why? Thanx for the help guys!

P.S. if this is in the wrong place move it to the right one

Use rxTools, emuNAND and SaveDataFiler instead of updating.

Hey man thanks for the reply!

EDIT: ok Nevermind I think I found what I'm looking for... If I don't care what happens to my 2DS in terms of the information like games and crap. Does this mean I can downgrade my 2DS???

Actually I'm trying to upgrade a 2DS from a 7.1.0 something to at least a 9.4 something. Don't worry about the specifics of it. I just want to know if it's possible and if so how to do it. I've scouted the net and saw little on the subject. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...