B2/W2 hacking help - overworld items

Hey pals, long time lurker and appreciater of all the tutorials.

I've been experimenting with my own hack of black 2, having an arrogant vision of how a pokemon game should be - and I've gotten pretty far. However, after managing to script an NPC to give an item, I am now unable to actually change an overworld item (the ones you can pick up).

So for example, in the outer Virbank complex, I'd like to change the overworld pickup item x-accuracy but am unsure how. I've checked the NARCs for scripts in that area but nothing points, at least in my opinion, to that x-accuracy.

Any help with how to edit it, perhaps with what tools, would be great!

• 3 years later...
On 7/18/2015 at 3:54 PM, Kaphotics said:

script file 1241

if I recall correctly the NPC is just a pokeball with a spawn flag, whose script calls a subscript from this file (which leads to giveitem & setflag)

Hi both

Im tackling the exact same scenario in my personal hack in changing some ground items.

I have been trying to work out where the Script links too from the overworld item.

My example I am using the Dragon Orbs in the Dragonspiral Tower (Overworld: 260 and Script: 420)

Iv identifed the Griseous Orb in HxD having:
Flag (0x08 -> 0x09) of   C8 05   (05C8)
Script Called (0x0A -> 0x0B) of  D4 1C  (1CD4)

However I am a bit stumped in working out the exact script within Script File 1241 that it pointing too....

When I convert the numbers into decimal, I am looking for the Item IDs listed on the Bulbapedia list here https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_V)

This is mainly as I am trying to add in the Red Orb and Blue Orb for Kyogre and Groudon respectively in the Abyssal Ruins
These Pokemon will then appear in a certain location when the item has been collected by the player - in a similar way to how Heatran is spawned from the Magma Stone
(I will need to look into the script for Heatran to replicate this and change the values once iv got the item worked out)

Any help on this would be very much appreciated, I am just a bit confused where I am meant to be looking:)

EDIT------

I found the Orbs Specifically in the Sc:1240 Script - I think that file is seperate for Key Items judging by the list in there and they use a different command :

SetVarEqVal 0x800C XXX  compared to  SetVar2A 0x8000 XXX for something like the Carbos on the outside of DragonSpiral Tower.

I have managed to pick out the Griseous Orb from Sc: 1240 - which was SubScript 380 using NPRE and identifying the number from Bulbapedia's list.

However I still cannot work out from the Hex numbers in the Overworld 260 file how it points to that particular script file, as the numbers dont seem to match up....
When I convert the Griseous Orb Hex to Decimal: I get 7380 from 0x1CD4 
So the end three numbers seems to by chance match the SubScript, but it has the 7 at the start obviously, so I am a bit wary this isn't correct...

(This is the same scenario with the Lustrous Orb - so I don't know if I am onto something or not)

Edited by Monty3540