Retrieving/Recovering corrupted save?

Joseybird

I hope i'm posting this in the right place...

A few days ago, I discovered that my Alpha Sapphire game save had been corrupted. No clue why. I've never backed it up or used any sort of device with the game (I own the retail cartridge).

Am I completely SOL and have to restart or is there a way to retrieve my data? I lost so many rare pokes....

Thanks!

Depends what kind of corruption it is.

It's unlikely that you'll ever see that data again, but if you had a Powersaves and backed up the data you might be able to extract all of your box contents with KeySAV (or the remnants of the save with the partial decryption method). No way to reinsert unless you have an exploitable console.

Depends what kind of corruption it is.

It's unlikely that you'll ever see that data again, but if you had a Powersaves and backed up the data you might be able to extract all of your box contents with KeySAV (or the remnants of the save with the partial decryption method). No way to reinsert unless you have an exploitable console.

Seems to have been spontaneous :( I've never used Powersave or anything like that...

I would buy a pre version 9.0 3ds if doing so would let me retrieve my pokes...

EDIT: It seems that the problem may be that my cartridge popped out while the game was active but in sleep mode...I had thought that my data was safe as long as I had saved the game successfully :/

Edited by Joseybird