how to update 3ds to 9 -> 9.5.022

horusxav

Install RXtools,

Create an emunand,

Ensure it installed FBI,

Use FBI to install SaveDataFiler.

Then while making SURE you're in Emunand, use System Settings to update emunand to 9.8. If you do, there's no more web injection, but with SaveDataFiler, you don't need it.

Ok, so if i follow all the steps in the guide, then go on FBI to Install Save data filer (what is fbi and Save data filer btw?^^) i should be good?

And how will i use Save data filer with pkhex to edit my Save?

If you follow the guide correctly, you should have FBI injected as Health and Safety app in your emuNAND. Just launch it, install SaveDataFiler to your emuNAND.

FBI is an homebrew that let you install 3ds applications in .cia file format. SaveDataFiler is save data management app for the 3DS. You can find SaveDataFiler.cia file via Google, since it's illegal to link here. With SaveDataFiler, you can export your save file directly from your retail carts, edit it, then inject it back.

Yes I'm sure. The thread mentioned in your post is outdated. At that time, people relied on Gateway flashcarts for almost everything related to hacking, but it doesn't support unsigned .cia with retail carts (which means, no save injecting / exporting). But now there are tons of CFWs that can help you in exporting / injecting your save in your retail carts.

Euhh sorry but i got 1 last question :P

On the step where it says " Go here: http://rxtools.net/

Click "How-To" at the top

Select your 3DS SYSNAND version and let's assume you have the exploitable Internet Browser available (the last number in your system version should be at least "-17" I believe)"

I have sysnand fw 7.1.0-14... So i assume this won't work for me right? :(

And if so, how could i get this exploitable browser

Thanks ! :3

Euhh sorry but i got 1 last question :P

On the step where it says " Go here: http://rxtools.net/

Click "How-To" at the top

Select your 3DS SYSNAND version and let's assume you have the exploitable Internet Browser available (the last number in your system version should be at least "-17" I believe)"

I have sysnand fw 7.1.0-14... So i assume this won't work for me right? :(

And if so, how could i get this exploitable browser

Thanks ! :3

RxTools should work on any firmware between 4.1 and 9.2. Try it out.