Official Help/Small Questions Thread for Pokémon HG/SS

Guested

Finally got my game Today!! Finally ^__^ anyways few questions I have HG

I'm at Route 30 how do I get past the two kids fighting there pokemon? I went into a house and Oak I am supposing Looker was there and got a cutscene but there is a branch there and I don't have cut. LOL I'm confused

And how do you use Pokewalker.? I have one poke Totodial so can I transfer him to my Pokewalker? I don't know how to use this thing. >.>;; The instructions are in Japanese and I don't know how to read it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my game Today!! Finally ^__^ anyways few questions I have HG

I'm at Route 30 how do I get past the two kids fighting there pokemon? I went into a house and Oak I am supposing Looker was there and got a cutscene but there is a branch there and I don't have cut. LOL I'm confused

And how do you use Pokewalker.? I have one poke Totodial so can I transfer him to my Pokewalker? I don't know how to use this thing. >.>;; The instructions are in Japanese and I don't know how to read it.

Well, first, congratulations on getting your game! Now for your answers:

The man with Professor Oak was Mr. Pokémon, yes I know what a strange name, and he really is not that important, but he tells you to bring and egg to Professor Elm back to New Bark Town. Elm calls you when you leave Mr. Pokémon's house and asks you to run back because a strange and mysterious person has stolen a Pokémon. Short and simple, you have to go back to New Bark Town before proceeding past the youngsters.

Now your problem with the Pokéwalker is that you only have one Pokémon. A trainer with no Pokémon is nothing at all and just like how you cannot place all of your Pokémon in the PC, you cannot put them into the Pokéwalker until you have another Pokémon to keep with your character's in-game party.

Well, first, congratulations on getting your game! Now for your answers:

The man with Professor Oak was Mr. Pokémon, yes I know what a strange name, and he really is not that important, but he tells you to bring and egg to Professor Elm back to New Bark Town. Elm calls you when you leave Mr. Pokémon's house and asks you to run back because a strange and mysterious person has stolen a Pokémon Short and simple, you have to go back to New Bark Town before proceeding past the youngsters.

Now your problem with the Pokéwalker is that you only have one Pokémon. A trainer with no Pokémon is nothing at all and just like how you cannot place all of your Pokémon in the PC, you cannot put them into the Pokéwalker until you have another Pokémon to keep with your character's in-game party.

/face palm Lol I'm so stupid sometimes! Thanks I am still learning xD I kinda figured about the Pokewalker thing just wasn't sure. But thank you for the info your a lifesaver!! :DD

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i have had my pokewalker a while now, and on serebii, it had a list of the pokemon in each course, i wanted a shelder, ,and went on the course for a few days, and could NOT ever find a shelder. there was also one other i couldn't get i think. also, on another course, i wanted a grimer, yet he wouldn't show up, i was able to get !!!, but it wasn't grimer.

so i'm wondering, are some pokemon 'version specific'? ie, you can only get shelders in this course in heart gold, but in soul silver you get a pokemon that heart gold can't get?

and with the pikachu course, i can never get above !!, i got the two marks once, out of like 60 times, yet, with other courses i get !!! relatively easily. is there are 'secret'?

does the level of the pokemon and how many badges (2) i have, make a difference?

thanks a lot! ifyfg

@ adamwsinc Do you mean when you start the game?

1. Your save file

2. Start a new game

3. Poke walker to transfer/get Pokemon from your poke walker

4. Wifi (for WIFI gifts etc)

5. Wifi Settings

I don't know Japanese at all (I wish I did) but that is mostly what it means. If that is what you were referring to.

EDIT Need help as well I beat the first part of the game I beat all 8 trainers in first region (Johoto?)

I just need 4 more in the new region IE: Brock (I think that it's Brock) I've got 4 badges already. So how do I get to Brock and the rest? and how do you get rid of the Snorlax in front of the cave?

@ adamwsinc Do you mean when you start the game?

1. Your save file

2. Start a new game

3. Poke walker to transfer/get Pokemon from your poke walker

4. Wifi (for WIFI gifts etc)

5. Wifi Settings

I don't know Japanese at all (I wish I did) but that is mostly what it means. If that is what you were referring to.

EDIT Need help as well I beat the first part of the game I beat all 8 trainers in first region (Johoto?)

I just need 4 more in the new region IE: Brock (I think that it's Brock) I've got 4 badges already. So how do I get to Brock and the rest? and how do you get rid of the Snorlax in front of the cave?

Okay so first you need the radio card upgrade from the president of the Kanto radio tower(make sure you have fixed the power plant). Then after receiving the card you can now use the radio in Kanto. After arriving next to the Snorlax open your radio in the pokegear app and move the scanner to the top area until you find the secret radio station. After this step exit the radio and click on snorlax the battle should then commence.

I have a question that is bugging me, are there ever any stat changes from game to game, like major ones, because i really dont want to keep ev training my pokemon over and over again

Effort Values are all kept when you transfer from any game that is compatible with another. So even if you train your Pokémon in Emerald and Pal Park them to Diamond, trade them to Platinum, and then to your HeartGold, the work you put into that Pokémon with continue to be there.

Okay so first you need the radio card upgrade from the president of the Kanto radio tower(make sure you have fixed the power plant). Then after receiving the card you can now use the radio in Kanto. After arriving next to the Snorlax open your radio in the pokegear app and move the scanner to the top area until you find the secret radio station. After this step exit the radio and click on snorlax the battle should then commence.

O.o I never got a radio >.>;; as for the power plant I talked to the guy and got a cs that is about it I can't find the piece in the gym either. >.>;; LOL I'm stuck.

bethy83,

no not that, but i mean before that, and after the intro, this blue screen never came up before, and now that ive done nearly everything apart from catch all of them, it comes up with a weird blue screen with writing, then it allows me to go to the screen where you mentioned all them things

I have no clue what that is then. Did you check and make sure your game card is all the way in? That is weird though hopefully there is nothing wrong with the game card. I dunno if this might work maybe got to your local Gamestop or whatever game store is around and ask them? They might now but it sounds like a card error to me.

O.o I never got a radio >.>;; as for the power plant I talked to the guy and got a cs that is about it I can't find the piece in the gym either. >.>;; LOL I'm stuck.

Very top left life raft for the power plant part. Make sure you check it from to the top no other angles work. Skipping the radio is a huge mistake and you need to get it as soon as possible.

Very top left life raft for the power plant part. Make sure you check it from to the top no other angles work. Skipping the radio is a huge mistake and you need to get it as soon as possible.

Sigh found my radio it was in my Poke Gear I was looking in key items. As for the machine part I enter the gym and nothing happens no grunt appears and I can't find the item am I supposed to be pressing something or using something. I don't have the item finder or dowsing machine. I am very stuck. I still haven't found Suicine as well I saw it on Route 14 and that guy just stands there I went to Bill's Grandpa's house and nothing happens.

You should have to go to the Power Plant, talk to the guy towards the top (that is kinda standing on a platform near the center pit). He will chit chat with you about how the place isn't working. On the way out, you should be stopped by a security guard who mentions that a suspicious person was seen with the part in Cerulean City. Return there to the gym and a grunt should run out the door. Follow him to the nugget bridge to challenge him so that he will reveal where the part is in the gym. After you find the part, you return it to the Power Plant. Then you can go towards Bill's house and interrupt Mistys date (been a while, you may have been able to do that before all this) and challenge her at the gym. After that crap is done by Bill's house, Suicune should appear, but not before every other event in the area is cleared.

You should have to go to the Power Plant, talk to the guy towards the top (that is kinda standing on a platform near the center pit). He will chit chat with you about how the place isn't working. On the way out, you should be stopped by a security guard who mentions that a suspicious person was seen with the part in Cerulean City. Return there to the gym and a grunt should run out the door. Follow him to the nugget bridge to challenge him so that he will reveal where the part is in the gym. After you find the part, you return it to the Power Plant. Then you can go towards Bill's house and interrupt Mistys date (been a while, you may have been able to do that before all this) and challenge her at the gym. After that crap is done by Bill's house, Suicune should appear, but not before every other event in the area is cleared.

I think i missed something in another city. I only talked to the guy at the power plant and then the screen went black for a second then he talked again. The cop never stopped me. And I went into the gym and no one was there. No Grunt was there and I looked for the part and couldn't find it. Is there maybe something I am missing in another city. I got the doll back for the little girl. The only thing I could think of is that I poke saved some key items so that could of messed up the game >.>;; I might try to get the machine part and see if that works. I might have to start over though. ; ;

it's moving side to side and the Magnet Train is working as well. T.T Any suggestions what I should do. Maybe I have to beat the last gym leader than go beat Misty. I might have to start over again. >.>;;

I believe you and I both did the same thing. We used Pokesav to get us all the items, and by doing that we got the secret thing that was hidden in misty's gym. When we entered the power plant the fat guy gave us a TM, because that's what he does when you come back with the part. Due to this, we missed an event and need an event editor for this game, due to it not working for the HG/SS PokeSav.

• 5 weeks later...
I have been thinking...

The Arceus event that triggered the Platinum library creation story was supposed to be activated with only the movie one. I proved that wrong...

My question is: Can the Arceus in HG/SS be other than the movie like in the Platinum?

pretty much i think that it can. but idk if i am right