Official Help/Small Questions Thread for Pokémon HG/SS

Guested

I'm a little confused, so I can make individual PKMN just like DPPt PKMN using the Pokesav (party PKMN not a full box of PKMN) and the values/algorithms are OK for HGSS games, even the Japanese versions.

I ask cause I just want to make a full party of PKMN to start my game with.

Also looking for a AR code for finding your Secret ID in Soul Silver.

Thanks for all the info and answers to my questions.

You can make Pokemon that look like they are from DPPt and they will be fine, just as if you traded them. And since you can trade with DPPt right off the bat after you recieve the Pokedex and Pokeballs, its not that big of a deal to just make them from DPPt anyway.

But I can't honestly say if you follow DPPt's exact method and try to make them from HGSS locations if they will turn out legal or not. HGSS use extra hex values that weren't used in DPPt, and I'm not sure that we know what all of them are. I also haven't checked the sav editing part of the board in like a week, so one of them smartarses down there could have figured it out since I last checked. (Then won't I look like a fool? =P)

As for the AR code, you'll have to check the topics for them. Since I'm using Pokesav, I have no need to find one.

PS. No offense to the smartarses, it wasn't used in a derogatory manner.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so, I'm on the ship to Kanto, made that little creepy girl run away from the cap'n, xD, and i went to go talk to her gramps or whatever. his message was shorter, but the girl's not in his room, and I'm still trapped on the boat. Help please? :)

EDIT: Ugh, nevermind, i found that girl in the corner.

:P I'm having a problem progress through the game. -Pokemon Soul Silver-

Whenever I try to progress past goldenrod city, and attempt to save the game, a window pops up after saving saying; "ROM-FATAL: The Rom image crashed" or something like that.

Anyway for me to stop this from occuring?

EDIT: It happens after I fight a trainer. :P

Edited by Death Insurance

What level are the Pikachu that you capture off the PokeWalker?

Silly question, but I keep getting Lv. 10 Pikachu off the GTS, and I'm pretty sure you can't get Lv. 10 Pikachu straight from the wild... they're only around Lv. 4, I think.

You do understand that you don't have to trade a Pokemon you just caught right? They are allowed to train the Pokemon and then trade them...

As for the Pokewalker levels, I dunno.

Hello people (lol my first comment).

I'm here to ask a translation of the following pictures: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4884/fullproblem.jpg

I've done the Lighthouse, I have gotten the HM for Surf, got the first four badges. I don't have an idea what to do. If someone can translate them and give me some info on how to deal with the problem.

P.s I'm not very good at speaking English, so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes.

oh snap, thanks!

any idea whether sinnoh sound will allow shellos to appear?

Not according to any site as of now, though most of them only have preliminary encounter lists. They don't have new forms though, since we have extracted the sprites and they are the same as Platinum.

@ deLLeter -

I don't have the ability to translate any of that, and my response earlier wasn't directed at you. You may have to wait until Guested shows up.

I don't even have a guess what he could be saying to make you stop there. every time I go to Olivine I go straight through town, encounter the Rival by the gym, but no battle. I then run straight to the lighthouse, go up and talk to Jasmine, and then head to Cianwood. No problems, never been stopped, so I dunno....

ok so i've gotten to the 4th gym but i cant go in some old guy pushes me out nor can i get surf the guy who gives it walks off through the building insted of giving me surf. my friend told me it's cause i used my ar to get the adventure items. so now i'm stuck with 3 badges and no surf how can i fix this?

Quit question, When you do an In-Gmae trade does the PKMN you get have the same stats as the one you traded??? (by stats I mean Natures and IVs)

So if I trade a Bellsprout and get an Onix in return, the Onix will have the Nature and IVs of the Belsprout I just traded???

Also, if anyone spots a Secret ID AR code for the Japanese SS game cartridge (don't know if the ROM AR codes work on DS versions) can you please post it, thank you very much.

Quit question, When you do an In-Gmae trade does the PKMN you get have the same stats as the one you traded??? (by stats I mean Natures and IVs)

I asked SCV or Sabresite about the in-game trades in relation to D/P/Plat. They said the only thing tied to what you trade them is the level. The natures are (mostly) pre-set, the Trainer ID, ID#, and SID would be that of the in-game trainer that gives it to you, and the IVs are probably random, though I'm not 100% certain about the last part.